Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 327279808182838485 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2268

Thread: The ATI Radeon 5XXX Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jfromeo View Post

A friend just got mailed this.
    The persom whit the 4 HD5870 is the creator of this Thread:
    http://foro.noticias3d.com/vbulletin...d.php?t=302124
    The forum is in Spanish. The CrossFire runs good just the Quad CF, the drivers don´t work right, and the perfomance is lower that one HD5870.
    Saludos xD

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpace View Post
    I think they need to redo the 5870's shroud & back panel. It seems too restricted for good airflow.

http://i34.tinypic.com/24132w8.jpg
    Cutting the top part would be a good idea, but everyone that has said "CUT IT DOWN LOWER!" seem to have forgotten that your case will cover up those holes anyway, making that modification moot. Unless of course you want to cut your case too.
    Intel i7-2700k@ 4.7ghz (46x102)
    Asus P8Z68 Deluxe GEN3
    G.Skill 2x4gb RipjawX 2133 11-11-11-30
    GTX 680 1220/7000
    Corsair TX750W
    Razer Lachesis w/ Razer Pro|Pad
    1x160gb Seagate HDD, 2x1tb Seagate HDD
    LG 22" 226WTQ & BenQ G2400WD
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Xtreme Member
    Has anyone been successful in flashing the ASUS BIOS to any other brand of card?

If so, were you using RBE, or another program? I've not had luck with RBE on this XFX 5870.
    Intel IPP, AMD SP, MCP

Heatware: 51-0-0

Xtreme XIP
    Does anyone know what tool to overvolt and overclock 5870s in CrossfireX works ? i only can OC using ccc Max 900/1300. AMD Clock Tool does not work for me or Rivatuner as the hardware its not yet supported by those appointmens.

This is what max i can get with ccc and Xeon 3570 on Air 06 bench -

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    I don't have a card here Angel, but I believe the AMD GPU Clock tool hosted at TPU will work if you do the following:

1.Restart
    2.Launch AquaMark 3 or any full screen 3D application/benchmark/game
    3.Exit the 3D app.
    4.Run & OC via AMD GPU Clock Tool.
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    with my 5870, when i enable overdrive, it downclocks my memory to 300mhz and core to 157mhz, my 2nd display flickers? anyone else? but when it clocks it up, it works fine.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh1tyMcGee View Post
    with my 5870, when i enable overdrive, it downclocks my memory to 300mhz and core to 157mhz, my 2nd display flickers? anyone else? but when it clocks it up, it works fine.
    tray to set with riva tuner the 2d frequency of the memory a little bit higher

is the fan rotation changing the rpm depending on the temperatures or not?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by okorop View Post
    tray to set with riva tuner the 2d frequency of the memory a little bit higher

is the fan rotation changing the rpm depending on the temperatures or not?
    ill try riva tuner, but fan does get a bit faster when gaming.

Xtreme Addict
    I think they need to redo the 5870's shroud & back panel. It seems too restricted for good airflow.

It isn't going to change the results much.
    Might slightly decrease the noise level and slightly increase temps but not enough to make a real difference.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Theta View Post
    Has anyone been successful in flashing the ASUS BIOS to any other brand of card?

If so, were you using RBE, or another program? I've not had luck with RBE on this XFX 5870.
    Hopefully this won't be an issue when RivaTuner properly supports the 5870 and allows for softmodding.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    It isn't going to change the results much.
    Might slightly decrease the noise level and slightly increase temps but not enough to make a real difference.
    Well i was hoping for better air-flow. I thought they should have indented the plastic housing the fan from the top too, so that when in crossfire the fan can pull air without being smothered up against the other card. NV does it.

And, theres no reason to have that "V" inside the shroud directing the airflow in two directions out of the back & top. I think it does more harm than good. They could have just vented the entire thing and let the air flow straight out, and if they indented the top just slightly, it still could have the slick design & appeal.
    Bring... bring the amber lamps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Yea I am a fan of that newer design Nvidia used. It surely makes a nice difference with SLI / Tri SLI configs where the cards have no clearance between. I personally won't buy a board than doesn't have at least 1 slot worth of clearance between potential dual slot boards but that is just me. At least Nvidia realized this is often not the case and did something to combat the problem.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme XIP

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BenchZowner View Post
    I don't have a card here Angel, but I believe the AMD GPU Clock tool hosted at TPU will work if you do the following:

1.Restart
    2.Launch AquaMark 3 or any full screen 3D application/benchmark/game
    3.Exit the 3D app.
    4.Run & OC via AMD GPU Clock Tool.
    Hey Good old friend Bill , Got it working , appreciate your always helping hand . You take care of yourself ok .

Regards: Angelo.

Xtreme Addict

Well i was hoping for better air-flow. I thought they should have indented the plastic housing the fan from the top too, so that when in crossfire the fan can pull air without being smothered up against the other card. NV does it.

And, theres no reason to have that "V" inside the shroud directing the airflow in two directions out of the back & top. I think it does more harm than good. They could have just vented the entire thing and let the air flow straight out, and if they indented the top just slightly, it still could have the slick design & appeal.
    Not sure exactly what you are referring to with the "v" but most of the stuff designed on the shroud/underneath it is meant to direct airflow which is exactly what it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfeed View Post
    Yea I am a fan of that newer design Nvidia used. It surely makes a nice difference with SLI / Tri SLI configs where the cards have no clearance between. I personally won't buy a board than doesn't have at least 1 slot worth of clearance between potential dual slot boards but that is just me. At least Nvidia realized this is often not the case and did something to combat the problem.
    Ummm... so you would rather have warmer airflow from the back of the other card than semi-cooler air from the middle of the case?
    While Nvidia's design definitely was an improvement vs past generations it also limits the unheated airflow to the fan.
    Edit- either way, the slight design differences are not going to show a tangible difference in temps. I would imagine the heatsink makes a much larger impact than the fan setup.
    Originally Posted by motown_steve
    Every genocide that was committed during the 20th century has been preceded by the disarmament of the target population. Once the government outlaws your guns your life becomes a luxury afforded to you by the state. You become a tool to benefit the state. Should you cease to benefit the state or even worse become an annoyance or even a hindrance to the state then your life becomes more trouble than it is worth.

Once the government outlaws your guns your life is forfeit. You're already dead, it's just a question of when they are going to get around to you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickenfeed View Post
    I bit the bullet on a XFX 5870. I want to avoid CF / SLI with this system this time around for a few reasons if at all possible. I am going to wait to see what the GTX 380 is like and unless it is significantly better on average and has a similar noise / power profile, I'll just stick with the ATI. They are still waiting on stock so who knows how long it will take to get here ( I'm guessing late next week or early the next ) but I'm willing to take requests on any reasonable amount of testing if there is something from a review that hasn't satisfied anyone. My i7 is limited to 3.2 until I receive my Noctua 1336 adapter but it should still be enough for most testing.

Personally I am most interested to see firsthand how it compares with the 4870x2 in terms of noise and the "feel" of games. I've been using a dual GPU card / SLI for some time now so I'll be curious if I notice any difference as far as performance consistency ( something that is never mentioned in reviews for better or for worse )
    Awesome. I look forward to hear on that. I don't like hiccups... i love a smooth OS and games. I hoping this delivers.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh1tyMcGee View Post
    ill try riva tuner, but fan does get a bit faster when gaming.
    let me know what happends after you do it, but for sure flickering isa caused by the 2d-3d memory frequency

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chispy View Post
    Hey Good old friend Bill , Got it working , appreciate your always helping hand . You take care of yourself ok .

Regards: Angelo.
    Good news . I am waiting my 2 cards and was worried about this.

So which fréquency can you reach when you increase voltage and especially in crossfire ?
    Last edited by jeanjean15; 09-27-2009 at 12:09 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEC911 View Post
    Ummm... so you would rather have warmer airflow from the back of the other card than semi-cooler air from the middle of the case?
    While Nvidia's design definitely was an improvement vs past generations it also limits the unheated airflow to the fan.
    Edit- either way, the slight design differences are not going to show a tangible difference in temps. I would imagine the heatsink makes a much larger impact than the fan setup.
    I'm not quite sure I'm following you. What I was saying is Nvidia's newer design is more ideal when using multiple cards on boards that don't have space between PCIe slots (when cards are literally touching). My board doesn't have that issue so it is not a concern to me. It is hard to say if the angled approach does have much of an effect but it obviously doesn't hurt if anything. I've always be wary of tri / quad setups because of the lack of space between cards so anything that makes these setups more ideal works for me.
    Feedanator 7.0
    CASE:R5|PSU:850G2|CPU:i7 6850K|MB:x99 Ultra|RAM:8x4 2666|GPU:980TI|SSD:BPX256/Evo500|SOUND:2i4/HS8
    LCD:XB271HU|OS:Win10|INPUT:G900/K70 |HS/F:H115i

Xtreme Member
    Temps are okay here, but they do hit 80C pretty quick on deafualt fan:

Cool Great looking Antec1200 with the 5870's

nascasho - That's one great looking Antec 1200 build!

Awesome selection of best of breed components, and sharp work on the sleeving.

Xtreme Addict
    nascasho: that is a sweet looking rig! :o How does 5870 CF compare to 260 SLi? What brand are your radeons?
    Bring... bring the amber lamps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    nascasho: that is a sweet looking rig! :o How does 5870 CF compare to 260 SLi? What brand are your radeons?
    I'll tell you this, compared to my 2-way setup, performance to performance I say they feel about the same, which in my opinion... is freaking awesome! Especially for a SIngle GPU!

Also, the game feel sooooo smooth, and I can promise I'm not lying. I never saw any "microstutter" with my 2-way, but playing with this card makes me think other wise, lol.

I absolutley love the temps too, when these things idle, they seriously idle. At load the fans do a great job of keeping a good noise to heat ratio. I tried putting the fan up to 80% though... seriously... hair dryer alert. Ever seen that Nvidia video on the tube where they make fun of how the card sounds like a blower and hair dryier... well, it sounds like that, lol. But best thing is at full load your temps drop soooooo fast if you kick em' up. I dropped to 70C once in like 5sec from 85C!

I'm going to give it some lean way, but X-fire first impressions = fail. But i'm positive it's because the drivers aren't mature... and I need to stop using Crysis as a benchmark... lol. L4D, UT3 all run great, but I may pick up some more games to bench later like STALKER:CS and GTA:IV which seem to be good benchers.

I ran the benches for Crysis and the numbers were waaaaaaay off. Crysis "r-displayinfo 1" reported fps's that were way off and everything looked the be running 20fps.... not smooth compared to 1 GPU, actually worse. But the benches don't lie, min and max along with avg increased, but it was like 20% - 40% at most.

I still love these cards to death so far, even with one GPU. Will hope for better drivers or just find a game that'll take advantage of X-fire.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nascasho View Post
    I'll tell you this, compared to my 2-way setup, performance to performance I say they feel about the same, which in my opinion... is freaking awesome! Especially for a SIngle GPU!

Also, the game feel sooooo smooth, and I can promise I'm not lying. I never saw any "microstutter" with my 2-way, but playing with this card makes me think other wise, lol.

I absolutley love the temps too, when these things idle, they seriously idle. At load the fans do a great job of keeping a good noise to heat ratio. I tried putting the fan up to 80% though... seriously... hair dryer alert. Ever seen that Nvidia video on the tube where they make fun of how the card sounds like a blower and hair dryier... well, it sounds like that, lol. But best thing is at full load your temps drop soooooo fast if you kick em' up. I dropped to 70C once in like 5sec from 85C!

I'm going to give it some lean way, but X-fire first impressions = fail. But i'm positive it's because the drivers aren't mature... and I need to stop using Crysis as a benchmark... lol. L4D, UT3 all run great, but I may pick up some more games to bench later like STALKER:CS and GTA:IV which seem to be good benchers.

I ran the benches for Crysis and the numbers were waaaaaaay off. Crysis "r-displayinfo 1" reported fps's that were way off and everything looked the be running 20fps.... not smooth compared to 1 GPU, actually worse. But the benches don't lie, min and max along with avg increased, but it was like 20% - 40% at most.

I still love these cards to death so far, even with one GPU. Will hope for better drivers or just find a game that'll take advantage of X-fire.
    Yes,the only thing i,m worried about is Crysis crossfire performance i ordered my 2x5870 they should be here soon still hoping to see like 60-70% scaling in Crysis with future drivers if thats possible on 4890s,actually it was like 80% lol insane scaling then imo its possible on 5870 they are very similar tech.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dblairw View Post
    nascasho - That's one great looking Antec 1200 build!

Awesome selection of best of breed components, and sharp work on the sleeving.
    Enermax Magma fans would make the ATI cards fit better, though, IMO.
    And isn't your top card suffocating there?
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Enermax Magma fans would make the ATI cards fit better, though, IMO.
    And isn't your top card suffocating there?
    I would put it in a lower slot, but that lower slot is a 4x slot...

Need a new MB if I want to do that, but I can't part my precious LE, I like it too much.

Page 82 of 91 FirstFirst ... 327279808182838485 ... LastLast