Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767 ... LastLast

Thread: The ATI Radeon 5XXX Thread

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tajoh111 View Post
    How many people actually run multimonitor. In a work space yes, but to actually have a significant impact on gaming and people wanting to buy it for this feature. No way.

How many people have two monitors at their main computer? How many people have 3 monitors(which is when eyefinity begins to shows it worth)? I can imagine less than 10,000. Especially if you consider the gaming crowd. Eyefiniti is a gimmick for lottery winners who actually have time to game rather than just work.
    130euro for a 1920x1080 screen? 2 or even 3 of those, is just what one screen cost 2 years ago.
    and you be suprised in how many actually run 2 screens.

I do, obviosly.
    4670k 4.6ghz 1.22v watercooled CPU/GPU - Asus Z87-A - 290 1155mhz/1250mhz - Kingston Hyper Blu 8gb -crucial 128gb ssd - EyeFunity 5040x1050 120hz - CM atcs840 - Corsair 750w -sennheiser hd600 headphones - Asus essence stx - G400 and steelseries 6v2 -windows 8 Pro 64bit Best OS used - - 9500p 3dmark11 (one of the 26% that isnt confused on xtreme forums)

Xtreme Addict
    How many people actually run multimonitor. In a work space yes, but to actually have a significant impact on gaming and people wanting to buy it for this feature. No way.

How many people have two monitors at their main computer? How many people have 3 monitors(which is when eyefinity begins to shows it worth)? I can imagine less than 10,000. Especially if you consider the gaming crowd. Eyefiniti is a gimmick for lottery winners who actually have time to game rather than just work.
    QFT.
    with better multimonitor support is nice to have, the majority of people have a single monitor

Belgium's #1 Hardware Review Site and OC-Team!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmke View Post
    QFT.
    with better multimonitor support is nice to have, the majority of people have a single monitor
    With displays getting cheaper and cheaper I can see more and more getting in to this if it turns out to work without driver issues and so on...

Banned

Very well said.

The reason the 58xx will sell will be overwhelmingly due to its performance, Eyefinity is little more than a BullSh1t gimmick to get some media attention.

The number of gamers who have 3 monitors or would be prepared to do so, will be trivial.

Xtreme Member
    forget multi-monitor, what we need are VR headsets to play games with

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by marten_larsson View Post
    With displays getting cheaper and cheaper I can see more and more getting in to this if it turns out to work without driver issues and so on...
    Thats only ture for the "run of the mill" stuff, if you want good quality, you pay the same as 3-4 years ago.

If you want good a good homogenous illumination, good viewing angles and decent color space you pay 400-600€ (or more).

And then we are coming into regions where the multi-monitor setup costs more then the everything else.

I'd rather have one decent monitor, then 3 that give me eye cancer when i look at them.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by marten_larsson View Post
    Cost is not the only issue, its practicality too.

Here are some issues.
    Even with the power of the 5870, a game running at 6 million pixels, is going to need some serious power to run, especially a direct 11 title. Turn on stuff like AA and add some detail and watch the fps drop like a rock.

Who wants to game with screen borders all over the place. Not me.

Drivers issues. I can imagine alot of driver issues popping up because multimonitor stuff can get messy.

Need. When you sit a good foot and a half away from your computer monitor how important is it to see your peripheral when a 30" monitor already dominates your field of view, hell a 24" monitor does a pretty good job of that.

Don't be stupid, what gonna make 58xx sell well is its performance and that it is direct x11, which will coincide well with the influx of windows 7 pc ready to be sold. Not eyefinity.

Xtreme Member
    yeah your right about that.
    i paid over 3,1k for my 30"
    my 22" was way cheaper, only 140 a real bargain.

but the 22 has .. uhm yeah i cant explain it different than " ugliest display ever "
    cpu : e6850 @ 3.5ghz
    cooler : boxed
    mem : balistix 8500 @ 1000mhz 4-4-4-4
    board : asus p5k-e wifi
    graphics : 7800gtx
    harddisk : wd raptor 74gb
    dvd : nec 7173A
    dvdrw : optiarc 18x
    psu : enermax liberty 620W
    screen : dell 3007wfp hc

Xtreme Member
    Does anyone know how much bandwith the PCIe slots have? Like 8x 2.0 and 16x 2.0?

Because I got an LE and I'm going to try to pick up two 2GB's at launch. 16x/8x/4x/8x <- retarded config, I know.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by nascasho View Post
    Does anyone know how much bandwith the PCIe slots have? Like 8x 2.0 and 16x 2.0?

Because I got an LE and I'm going to try to pick up two 2GB's at launch. 16x/8x/4x/8x <- retarded config, I know.
    pcie gen 2 has 500mb/s per lane iirc
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesrt2004 View Post
    pcie gen 2 has 500mb/s per lane iirc
    So 500mb/s x the "x" like 8 x 500 or 16 x 500?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Cost is not the only issue, its practicality too.

Here are some issues.
    Even with the power of the 5870, a game running at 6 million pixels, is going to need some serious power to run, especially a direct 11 title. Turn on stuff like AA and add some detail and watch the fps drop like a rock.

Who wants to game with screen borders all over the place. Not me.

Drivers issues. I can imagine alot of driver issues popping up because multimonitor stuff can get messy.

Need. When you sit a good foot and a half away from your computer monitor how important is it to see your peripheral when a 30" monitor already dominates your field of view, hell a 24" monitor does a pretty good job of that.

Don't be stupid, what gonna make 58xx sell well is its performance and that it is direct x11, which will coincide well with the influx of windows 7 pc ready to be sold. Not eyefinity.
    Actually, eye Infinity will help it sell.

When you have two cards of equal price, that have the same performance. Which would you choose.

The one with or without eye infinity?

That's why we get these little extras on the cards and it's why Nvidia pushes CUDA and Physx.

When performance/price are equal, each company needs a USP.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jmke View Post
    QFT.
    More people have multi-monitors, than overclock...!

I know alot of people I work with and was surprised how many use multiple monitors... musicians, stock traders, etc..

Racing and flight sim peeps have always pursued this avenue. I know alot of WoW'tards who also use it.

I have a 27" Dell, most opt for a second monitor. Understating the use of multi-monitor support is a tad overdone here. Many people will go with 3-monitor set-up now that doing so will not impact performance in our favorite games.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoulz View Post

I know alot of people I work with and was surprised how many use multiple monitors... musicians, stock traders, etc..

Racing and flight sim peeps have always pursued this avenue. I know alot of WoW'tards who also use it.

I have a 27" Dell, most opt for a second monitor. Understating the use of multi-monitor support is a tad overdone here. Many people will go with 3-monitor set-up now that doing so will not impact performance in our favorite games.
    I don't think that many people in a gaming environment(not work as I mentioned earlier), have multimonitor set up. Too much space, too much money. (how alive is the flight sim market today) and no real impact on gaming experience.

More people use multimonitors for gaming than overclock, surely you jest. If what you said is true, than companies like thermalright would have gone bankrupt a long time ago.

Not taking a performance hit, now your just talking out of your ass. More pixels... ....forget about it, you should know this already.

Most card can do dual monitors now(especially the cards that have the power to push this resolution), its the triple monitor audience that eyefiniti matters and this market is alot alot alot smaller than the overclocking market.

The 5870 was running 80 fps playing WOW with 6 30" monitors with max details. Any other game with max details is going to be unplayable as WOW is a crazy old game.

I am Xtreme

those already have adequad solutions (matrox cards)

That would be the only group that this feature is aimed at.

Xtreme Member
    umm actually it is the beginning of the Holodeck
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hornet331 View Post
    Thats only ture for the "run of the mill" stuff, if you want good quality, you pay the same as 3-4 years ago.

If you want good a good homogenous illumination, good viewing angles and decent color space you pay 400-600€ (or more).

And then we are coming into regions where the multi-monitor setup costs more then the everything else.

I'd rather have one decent monitor, then 3 that give me eye cancer when i look at them.
    I'm not going to buy three cheap ass screens but I'm not going to waste a fortune on three great screens either. The reason for this is the human eye. In your peripheral vision you don't have as much colour receptors and thus I won't be needing a 400-600€ screens to give me great colour depth. What I'm going for is a really good primary screen and two less good screens (but with decent refresh rates and GtG etc).

Xtreme Addict
    I don't think it'll be really possible to play games fast in 3 monitors, which'll be something like 6000x1200 resolution. Most modern games would be out of the question at high settings and such a massive resolution.
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    INTEL Core i7 920 // ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 // OCZ 3G1600 6GB // POWERCOLOR HD5970 // Cooler Master HAF 932 // Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme // SAMSUNG T260 26"

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by annihilat0r View Post
    I don't think it'll be really possible to play games fast in 3 monitors, which'll be something like 6000x1200 resolution. Most modern games would be out of the question at high settings and such a massive resolution.
    I don't think so. What new games are more demanding than Crysis? Not that I would want to play Crysis, seems like a really boring game with good graphics. Seems like the 5870 handles it pretty well so pair two 5870's together and less demanding games and you'll have nice performance.. This is what I'm hoping for at least. (But I'm projecting 5040x1050 will be the resolution for me.)

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad Boga View Post
    Very well said.

The reason the 58xx will sell will be overwhelmingly due to its performance, Eyefinity is little more than a BullSh1t gimmick to get some media attention.

The number of gamers who have 3 monitors or would be prepared to do so, will be trivial.
    i dont think its a bs gimmick, its def a nice feature... i only have one display and wont go multi monitor for now... but once displays with REALLY tiny or no bezel show up im going to get a set for sure! ive been looking for a wider than 16:9 display forever but just couldnt find a propper one... id def get two displays if it would be possible to merge them like one and have only 2mm or so of bezel in the center...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by annihilat0r View Post
    If you actually watch the demo you might change your mind. That's one card handling 3 displays at max resolution (3x 2560x1600), and at max detail, at playable fps for L4D, Dirt 2 and HAWX.

If you're talking about crysis, that's only one game.

EDIT:Anyone else find keeping track of >4 threads a little annoying?
    Last edited by blindbox; 09-11-2009 at 08:55 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by blindbox View Post
    If you actually watch the demo you might change your mind. That's one card handling 3 displays at max resolution (3x 2560x1600), and at max detail, at playable fps for L4D, Dirt 2 and HAWX.

If you're talking about crysis, that's only one game.

EDIT:Anyone else find keeping track of >4 threads a little annoying?
    we would need a single thread for everything!
    i7 2600K @ 4.6GHz/Maximus IV Extreme
    2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance 1866
    HD5870 1GB PCS+/OCZ Vertex 120GB +
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Corsair HX850/HAF 932/Acer GD235HZ
    Auzentech X-Fi Forte/Sennheiser PC-350 + Corsair SP2500

Xtreme Guru
    This thread and "Radeon HD 5850 is a 725MHz chip with 1440 shaders" should be locked.
    edit:
    nvm, other threads got closed.
    Last edited by largon; 09-11-2009 at 02:25 PM.
    You were not supposed to see this.

Xtreme Addict
    It should be able to handle anything pre2k10 @ *3,some might need crossfire.

Modified specs about the HD 5870 (core clock , memory clock & compute power)

source: http://www.arabhardware.net/forum/sh...d.php?t=133519

Page 17 of 91 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819202767 ... LastLast