Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Cores?!?!?!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OMG! That's beautiful

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Cheers for sharing this. Any chance of some benchmarks?

When will these be available to use mere mortals.

Xtreme Member

beautiful

that is a thing of beauty, but it makes me wonder how it will stack up against the 6 core intels... amd has yet to show any signs of improving clock efficiency..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lesstutrey View Post
    that is a thing of beauty, but it makes me wonder how it will stack up against the 6 core intels... amd has yet to show any signs of improving clock efficiency..
    if we talk about benchies that are compiled on vendor-biased compilers, then yes. but using open sourced and vendor-neutral compilers, AMD's architecture is superior.

http://gmplib.org/pi-with-gmp.html

Phenom™
    Quick run yesterday....

I'm pretty sure that the cpu's were throttled when WPrime took the system info. Regardless, it's not a bad result even @ 1.7Ghz and memory @ 670mhz CL9.

Cinebench score is screwed up. It's only able to utilize 16 cores at a time.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    woah, i think its the first bench of this baby yet. Thats nice keep it going

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Where's the overclocking in this?

Xtreme Guru
    Mr. s7e9h3n, long time no see man how you been? I'm rolling out the red carpet for you after this one. Thanks for sharing with us.
    If you are too busy with work to bench you can send it to me. I'll keep with the nda and I have plenty of collateral
    Maybe its time to buy a couple shares in the company if this is what I think its going to be. Thanks again for unveiling the future.
    You cracked the code.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartidiot89 View Post
    Magny-Cours

But 10mb L3 isn't it supposed to be 12mb?
    reserved 1 MB per CPU for the HT Assist
    Main Rig:
    Processor & Motherboard:AMD Ryzen5 1400 ' Gigabyte B450M-DS3H
    Random Access Memory Module:Adata XPG DDR4 3000 MHz 2x8GB
    Graphic Card:XFX RX 580 4GB
    Power Supply Unit:FSP AURUM 92+ Series PT-650M
    Storage Unit:Crucial MX 500 240GB SATA III SSD
    Processor Heatsink Fan:AMD Wraith Spire RGB
    Chasis:Thermaltake Level 10GTS Black

Is this come out from Austin or San Jose?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sinar View Post
    Is this come out from Austin or San Jose?
    64NOMIS says this comes out from the matrix.

Wuf
    LinX/Linpack results plz?
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet
    [22:53:09] [@Jaco-XS] i'm gonna overclock this damn box!
    Ze gear:
    Main rig: W3520 + 12GB ddr3 + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2.0! + HD7970 + HD6350 DMS59 + HX520 + 2x X25-E 32gig R0 + Bunch of HDDs.
    ESXI: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 Node - 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    ZFS Server: Supermicro 826E1 + Supermicro X8DAH+-F + 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + 10x 3TB HDDs + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    Lappy!: Lenovo Thinkpad W500: T9600 + 8GB + FireGL v5700 + 128GB Samsung 830 + 320GB 2.5" in ze dvd slot + 1920x1200 @ 15.4"

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    3DMark Vantage CPU score?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Magically delicious.

Maybe a 7-zip bench?

Can't wait.
    Athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz @1.1125v | Foxconn A7DA-S (790GX) | 2x2GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066
    | Gigabyte HD4770 | Seagate 7200.12 3x1TB | Samsung F4 HD204UI 2x2TB | LG H10N | OCZ StealthXStream 500w| Coolermaster Hyper 212+ | Compaq MV740 17"

Stock HSF: 18°C idle / 37°C load (15°C ambient)
    Hyper 212+: 16°C idle / 29°C load (15°C ambient)

Why AMD Radeon rumors/leaks "are not always accurate"
    Reality check

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Nedjo View Post
    probe filter takes 1 meg!
    thanks

Shame this won't be a fun bencher as of now not many benchmarks can utilize this many cores and the clockspeeds are to low to show it justice... This has its home in a server.

Can you take a screenshot, or film it doing Cinebench? That would be :banana::banana::banana::banana:
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Xtreme Addict
    How MANGY cores?!?!? lol

wow lovin it

Live Long And Overclock
    I certainly hope the speeds aren't indicative of final silicon clockspeeds 0_o 1.7Ghz @ 12 Cores is the same as 2.55Ghz @ 8 Cores.

However, I wanna see 24 Work Units running in Boinc !! Make it happen Stephen !! PLEASE !!!

Perkam

For the love of Bob, please play with that new chipset for me. I've got two Istanbuls that I can't overclock very far on the ancient nVidia MCP55 chipset due to HT reference limitations. I'd like to see if that can be pushed on the new platform beyond like 230MHz.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    I certainly hope the speeds aren't indicative of final silicon clockspeeds 0_o 1.7Ghz @ 12 Cores is the same as 2.55Ghz @ 8 Cores.

However, I wanna see 24 Work Units running in Boinc !! Make it happen Stephen !! PLEASE !!!

Perkam
    1.7Ghz is just an ES clock. Final clocks should top out at around 2.2Ghz,at least on start.There will be HE and EE editions as well.

s7e9h3n ,nice to see you back and back with the monster to show .Thanks for the preview,looks great.

Xtreme Addict
    My next system

Wow, I love it! Thanks for sharing this goodness with us!
    C3 Phenom II 965 BE (0941CPMW)
    Msi 790Fx-GD 70
    2x2 gb OCZ AMD Black Edition 1600mhz DDR 3
    2x MSI HD 5850's OC edition X-fire
    2x Western Digital 250gb 16mb cache Raid-0
    1x Seagate 1 TB Data
    SILVERSTONE|DA700 700W RT Power Supply
    Koolance INX-720 (Koolance 345 block)
    LianLi pc-60fwb

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    This is a very early sample I believe. So nope. And 8 [physical] core CPUs aren't really so wide spread atm, are they?
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Cruncher
    There will be 8 core Magny Cours models too .

Xtreme Mentor
    seem like wprime was using 8 cores maybe you can try setting it manually next time.
    unless your time is up.
    HAVE NO FEAR!
    "AMD fallen angel"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    You didn't get the memo? 1 hour 'Fugger time' is equal to 12 hours of regular time.

Phenom™
    Quote Originally Posted by demonkevy666 View Post
    seem like wprime was using 8 cores maybe you can try setting it manually next time.
    unless your time is up.
    Nope...looks as if Wprime is using all cores. Just ran again:

It seems some form of "Cool and Quiet" is enabled on the board or procs by default - there is no way to shut it off. The cpu's take quite awhile to ramp up to full speed and they apparently ramp down way before the bench is over. The board/cpu's are buggy but at least they're working I'm seeing if I can get a bios update today.

BTW, there is no easy way to overclock this setup. The BIOS is locked down - no real options (besides debugging) to speak of. In fact, there aren't even any options to tweak the memory. The only way I can really think of to possibly push these procs is to edit the cpu registers. For this, I'd probably need Kyosen's input....Kyonsen-San....where are you?

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast