Thread: Steelseries gaming headphones

Xtreme Member

Steelseries gaming headphones

Has anyone had any experience with the Siberia Full-size ones? http://www.steelseries.com/us/produc...ll/information

I'm in the market for a new set of gaming headphones and these keep standing out as something I would enjoy using. Any comments on them?

Xtreme Member
    My experience is that steelseries is rubbish that breaks way to easily, if you absolutely must have a headset, then get a sennheiser, those things can take a sledgehammer without breaking...

But my best advice to you, is that you get a seperate microphone and get some quality cans instead. You will enjoy that a thousand times more

Xeon x3220 g0 3.2ghz @1.2v Cooled by TRUE120
    Cruching 24/7

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    Quote Originally Posted by Exal View Post
    get a seperate microphone and get some quality cans instead. You will enjoy that a thousand times more
    get a seperate microphone and get some quality cans instead. You will enjoy that a thousand times more
    also,

get the mic separately so that you can focus on getting better headphones, i think it will improve your results.

EDIT actually i have those headphones
    except "back then" they were icemat siberias
    then got denon d1001 and recently the audio-technica ath-m50s (got them for $75 shipped, less than these!)
    the improvement is significant

but they are pretty good, somewhat comfortable, very large, and delicate.
    i still use the mic that came with them
    which, since not integrated to the headphones, pretty much takes the "gaming headset" part out of these
    the included volume-extension cable is not very good
    Last edited by AndrewZorn; 09-04-2009 at 04:51 AM.
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9

Xtreme Mentor
    +1 for some nice senn's, Denons or AT's then get a separate clip on mic and clip it(or tape) it on sorted a gaming headset which sounds AWESOME =)
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Member
    Well, I owned a pair back in the days when they were called Icemat. Compared to the rest of the headset market made with "gamers" as target consumers, they are great. But not more. The headband will fail, soon enough. and for the price, well, get another pair.

Sure as hell doesnt sound bad though.