Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alan Wake pc PREORDER

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think he was annoyed because you can't return PC titles once they have been opened.

One of the reasons for the 360 pad icons showing up so often nowadays is because the pad works striaght away with Games for Windows titles. Which I for one think is actually quite good. Games like SF4, Grid, DiRT and many others require a 360 pad as the keyboard and mouse, whilst awesome for FPS is terrible for racing and beat em up titles. I will use my 360 pad for a lot of platform titles as well.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by XKaan View Post
    Wasn't all the hype surrounding this game because it was built from the ground up to support DX10? DX10 is old hat now with DX11 right around the corner, but XBOX360 doesn't even support DX10, so it seems like they did a lot of extra work for nothing if they don't do a PC release.

The game could be great, or it could suck, but you can't deny there is a certain element of intrigue surrounding it. It's the same reason everyone flocks to a website that has "new" footage of Duke Nukem Forever.
    DX10 was the Hype, same goes for DX11 (at least, so far).

Speaking of crappy PC ports:

I'm not sure about any of you guys, but MOHAA was the game that really got me into PC gaming for good.
    I still play that with the freeze tag mod. It's still a good game.

I notice Amazon has Alan Wake listed with a May 31st 2010 release date.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CannonFodder View Post
    I still play that with the freeze tag mod. It's still a good game.

I notice Amazon has Alan Wake listed with a May 31st 2010 release date.
    LOL! I never knew about that mod! Looks fun.

Xtreme Member
    I thought they came out and said there was going to be no PC version? Also DirectX10 isn't old as it is current. Don't get caught up with the DirectX11 hype just yet as that has a ways to go or at least it does with seeing it in games.

Here it is at Amazon with a pre-order showing the release date of 3/31/10.
    Last edited by drnip; 09-02-2009 at 09:41 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Speaking of crappy PC ports:

I'm not sure about any of you guys, but MOHAA was the game that really got me into PC gaming for good. I can remember many nights staying up all hours to play that. It was, and still is, one of the best PC FPS in my opinion. (Multiplayer V@ Rocket Facility FTW!) Although I grew tired of WW2 ages ago, I thought it would be nostalgic to have a look a MOH:Airborne when it came out a few years ago. (Or was it 2 years?)

Long story short, it was THE MOST piss-poor PC port I have ever seen in my whole life. The developers didn't even bother to take the XBOX button icons off the menus! Furthermore, I don't even think you could use a mouse to make selections, you had to use the arrow keys.

It makes me sad that such a definitive PC genre could head in such a direction.

sorry for the somewhat off-topic post...
    SORRY BUT YOUR HALF WRONG,I just fired up H.E.R last night.Its a great experience.The game wasn't finished when it was released,hence 4gb of patching.I beg you to try the H.E.R mod and tell me what you think of the game afterward.
    SAAYA
    -Did you not see it say it's up to the publisher,it will be just like gears and halo.
    Last edited by Hell Hound; 09-02-2009 at 10:09 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why did Microsoft choose to give the x360 version absolute priority?
    PC is never considered in the "exclusives" battle between the PS3 and the X360, so that's not the reason.

Also, MS has no need to get an "exclusive killer app" since the X360 is already in well placed on the market, added to the fact that the PC version would not nullify the "Ex Kil App" tag like i mentioned on the first paragraph...

I still remember Intel showcasing the game to promote their Core 2 Quad processors... how the game used all four cores to render the physics of a freaking tornado (Where's Physx?).
    Also how MS marketed it as "The DX10" game in the early days... funny how it became "The DX9/10 hybrid on a custom console GPU"

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by drnip View Post
    Here it is at Amazon with a pre-order showing the release date of 3/31/10.
    Amazon's been wrong before when it comes to release date's.

Crysis 2 on amazon.co.uk is an example, they've still got it listed as releasing on October 30th 09 even though it's been confirmed as a 2010 release.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell Hound View Post
    SORRY BUT YOUR HALF WRONG,I just fired up H.E.R last night.Its a great experience.The game wasn't finished when it was released,hence 4gb of patching.I beg you to try the H.E.R mod and tell me what you think of the game afterward.
    SAAYA
    -Did you not see it say it's up to the publisher,it will be just like gears and halo.
    Noted. I was not aware of that mod. I'll give it a shot!

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    Remedy anounces no pc version of alan wake:
    http://forum.alanwake.com/showthread.php?t=2372

no, the part where you say
    plus this game will be fugly on a pc, while on a console itll look comparably nice...
    makes no sense
    i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440
    Majestouch 87 Blue -- Choc Mini Brown -- Poker Red -- MX11900 -- G9

Xtreme Addict
    You can't sell vaporware.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by randomizer View Post
    You can't sell vaporware.
    You can.

You shouldn't.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gumballguy View Post
    You can.

You shouldn't.
    Good point. You can sell it, you just can't ship it

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by randomizer View Post
    Good point. You can sell it, you just can't ship it
    Duke Nukem 3D never got any Pre-Order in any site. Even the 3D Realms site said something like "We will comment whenever Pre-Orders start).

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    duke nukem 3d?

i7 2700k 4.60ghz -- Z68XP-UD4 F6F -- Ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz -- 560 Ti 448 stock!? -- Liquid Cooling Apogee XT -- Claro+ ATH-M50s -- U2711 2560x1440

Xtreme Enthusiast
    10wins

screw microsoft

gaming wise - FU

other stuff wise - go go speed racer!

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewZorn View Post
    no, the part where you say

makes no sense
    well consoles are limited in what they can display in eye candy, pcs are not...
    alan wake has been delayed for such a long time that im pretty sure it wont look great on a pc and can compete with eye candy pc titles... but on consoles it might look compartively nice...

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/87234/Alan-Wake/

for a console thats not bad, for a pc, that looks really old... about the same as hl2...

I am Xtreme
    Honestly I think this is a bit too early. I am not expecting it to be released on PC before Christmas.
    And I don't see why it should look WORSE on PC. I don't think it's possible tbh, lol.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Addict
    not coming out
    ~

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by zalbard View Post
    Honestly I think this is a bit too early. I am not expecting it to be released on PC before Christmas.
    And I don't see why it should look WORSE on PC. I don't think it's possible tbh, lol.
    who said that?
    in case your referring to me, what i said was that compared to other titles itll look bad on pc but ok compared to other console titles... which is probably why they chose to launch it for consoles only...

I am Xtreme
    who said that?
    in case your referring to me, what i said was that compared to other titles itll look bad on pc but ok compared to other console titles... which is probably why they chose to launch it for consoles only...
    Nah, just a general statement, really, since it's being discussed here.
    And I believe MS has something to do with the whole 360-exclusive issue.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    well consoles are limited in what they can display in eye candy, pcs are not...
    alan wake has been delayed for such a long time that im pretty sure it wont look great on a pc and can compete with eye candy pc titles... but on consoles it might look compartively nice...

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/screen/87234/Alan-Wake/

for a console thats not bad, for a pc, that looks really old... about the same as hl2...
    that doesnt make any sense. especially when you point to a 360 screenshot to describe both platforms...

funny you mention though, i am, for the 3rd time, trying to finish episode 1... then it's off to ep2! always some interruption and then resulting loss of save files.

but the graphics are still good. STILL. animations are still great, esp facial, AMAZING...

why does HL2 still beat so many modern games? embarrassing.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i never said hl2 looks bad, but eye candy wise it cant really keep up with recent pc titles...
    imagine if crysis2 or any other eye candy title came out now and looked like hl2... people would go WTF?
    but if a new console game comes out and looks like hl2, well what can you really expect... theres only so much you can get out of the hardware...

and the pc screenshots looked exactly identical to the screenshots that they posted there which are supposedly from xbox360... so im not sure its really xbox360

is it just me or is there a DNF feeling to alan wake?

Xτræmε ÇruñcheΓ
    thats not what i was getting at
    you are saying pc version does not exist because the graphics are not good for the platform...

we arent comparing the game boy version to the PC version. most people could not spot the differences between XXXX on PC and on 360.

Xtreme Mentor
    Noted. I was not aware of that mod. I'll give it a shot!
    http://clanbase.ggl.com/humaninfo.php?hid=2274480

that's me lol

Ryzen 9 3900X w/ NH-U14s on MSI X570 Unify
    32 GB Patriot Viper Steel 3733 CL14 (1.51v)
    RX 5700 XT w/ 2x 120mm fan mod (2 GHz)
    Tons of NVMe & SATA SSDs
    LG 27GL850 + Asus MG279Q
    Meshify C white

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast