Thread: Water cooling setup

Water cooling setup

Hello i've been planning out my build for a few weeks now and I would like some of your opinions here's what I have so far

haf932
    e760 classified
    evga 285 rev 2
    core i7 920
    12gb of dominator 1600
    850w ocz
    typhoon III

and I plan on getting

evga 285 rev 2
    hk-3.0 CPU block
    Ek classified nb/sb/MOSFET
    2* ek 285 acetale/nickel rev 2
    2* feser 360 rads

now I will be oc'ing the CPU to about 4.0-4.4
    and my gpu's to what ever I can get them stable at the higher the better
    then if everything turns out good the it's going to be folding 24/7 if possible considering my temps

now my first sub loop will be rad, CPU, nb/sb
    sub loop#2 is rad, gpu, gpu

now is the rads going to be over kill and should I go with a cheaper rad
    and the problem with that is I kinda would like it to be quiet

now should I be concerned with the installation of any of the parts

my case has a 220mm fan at the front and side of the case and I'm going to add another fan and the bottom of the case pulling air into my case

also I'm going to have a rad mounted on the top with the fans pushing air out and a rad on the outside rear of my case pulling air out my question about that is, is my case going to be pumping enough air in to supply my exhaust fans

now onto my next question I was thinking of going with 1/2id 3/4od primochill lrt tubing, would I be better of with 3/8id 5/8od

my reason for wondering this is the 3/8 tubing would add for a more cleaner set up and I've heard the typhoonIII thrives off more restrictive loops

also say if I wanted to use bp compression fittings throughout my loop what size od o-ring would I need to get so I could use them with typhoon?

Thank you all for all your help and sorry if some of my questions are stupid I'm just trying to learn
    Last edited by shadow664; 09-01-2009 at 12:18 PM. Reason: Missed part of my post