Thread: Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together Completion!

Royal Administrator

Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together Completion!

Just received this email.

World Community Grid is pleased to announce the completion of the first phase of the "Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together" project. It took only two years to complete, even though the project was halted for 17 weeks due to the destruction of the University of Texas Medical Branch research facilities as a result of Hurricane Ike.

In total, members provided nearly 12,000 years of computer processing time to this project. Your computer run time contribution was 142 days of processing time to "Discovering Dengue Drugs - Together".

Completing this phase of the project is a significant contribution to the research of not only Dengue Fever but also Hepatitis C, West Nile, Yellow Fever and other diseases caused by the Flaviviridea family of viruses.

More details about the conclusion of Phase 1 and the upcoming Phase 2 may be viewed by visiting: http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/fo...d?thread=26618

Xtreme Cruncher
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

_
    Nice job everyone!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Awesome work everyone!

Xtreme Cruncher
    we pwned flaviviridea!!!

(o.O)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraf View Post
    Just received this email.
    I got the same email and I have to say this is one of the reasons I like WCG more than some other distributed computing projects - they actually send you updates on what you're working on!
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q9450 Yorkfield @ 3.2GHz | Asus P5Q Deluxe mobo | 2x OCZ Reaper HPC 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) | Sapphire 4870x2 | Western Digital VelociRaptor 300GB 10k RPM | Intel 120GB SSD | Western Digital Caviar SE16 640GB 7200 RPM | Hitachi 2TB 7200 RPM | PCP&C 750W Power Supply |Cooler Master HAF932 | Windows 7 64-bit | Dell ULTRASHARP 2408WFP 24-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor

Join Us in the XS World Community Grid Forum & Help Fight Cancer and Other Diseases