Thread: Lian Li powdercoating ?

Xtreme Member

Lian Li powdercoating ?

What should I take into consideration when powdercoating my V-2000 ?
    Im not doing it myself, but i thought some pre paint work like dissasembling the case ofc. How about the various screw threads around the case should I plug them with something or what ? Heard of stories that ppl have had a hard time putting a case back together after powdercoating, threads clogged with paint. Then theres the pop-rivets issue I friggin hate them, but im not sure I'll find suitable screws to put the case back together, any tips ?
    2600k, Asrock Z77E-itx, 8gig, 256g mSata, 670GTX, 450W SFX = powering a 27" ACD.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    If you are having it done at a shop they should take it apart free of charge and rebuild it for you as did chilled pc when they done my v2000.

Engineering The Xtreme
    you should disassemble yourself unless the shop is an actual computer shop - make sure you sort all the small parts and screws you remove into plastic bags so they aren't lost. You will need to drill out the rivets with an 1/8" bit.

the powder coater should plug the holes for you, I recommend leaving the motherboard standoffs in the tray and telling the company to plug the standoff.

re-assembly is trick sometimes as the tolerances get tight, but if you have a good painter the powder wont be too thick. you need the normal 1/8" pop rivets and also you need special countersunk 1/8" pop rivets for the holes that are on the plane of the sidepanel.

Xtreme Member
    Thanks for the quick replys
    The motherboard tray was my biggest concern, I'll use the standoffs and ask for them to plug them before painting. The shop should be pretty professional they do paint pretty much anything there, including computer cases.
    I'll have to see if I can find those right size countersunk pop rivets somewhere.

Now I'll just have to decide what color to go with there seems to be alot of V-2000 / ABS / Blackpear's being built...and I thought I'd do a V-2000 after all the TJ07's I've seen....too slow I guess
    2600k, Asrock Z77E-itx, 8gig, 256g mSata, 670GTX, 450W SFX = powering a 27" ACD.

put some screws in holes for standoffs on motherboard tray, after painting remove them and you will have clean holes for motherboard standoffs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I used a m3 tap to clear the holes one the motherboard tray,i replaced the rivets with countersunk bolts so i could take the case apart without drilling anything.