Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Thread: Bloodrage P09 bios

Xtreme Member
    Yeah will keep on pushing it Gonna try with HT off as you have done as well, would be nice to get like 4.6 stable ..... just to see what would be better for my everyday use

Xtreme X.I.P.
    heh, not really unless you crunch or transcode a lot...

For 4,6GHz i need ~ 1,5V Vcore and +250mV VTT
    But 90°C @ Vantage and 3D06 and 500W ist to much for me.
    My temps and V are similar to yours at 4,3

I am worried about the 59tRFC at 1600 mine are 7-7-7-18-74

Xtreme X.I.P.
    yeah, ocing i7 is a lot more about if you WANT to clock it higher, and not if you can
    its mostly a matter of heat and electricity costs, and seing as there is not really a gain in perf above 4ghz even with 2 vgas... its hard to justify and i think there are a lot of people who run their i7 below what they know it can run, cause theres just no point in running it at its max speeds

why worried about the trfc? what do you mean?

Technician
    Speaking of TRFC I have to run it a lot looser on this D0 950 than I do on my C0 920. The c0 is fine at TRFC 28 @ 1700mhz whereas the d0 needs more than double that.

May be a bit early to mention (not thoroughly tested to confirm yet) but I'm finding im needing to use cpu clock delays over 4.6ghz. This has allowed me to drop a bit of vcore off and maintain stability. 4.8ghz 24/7 looks to be a firm possibility now. Clocking better on 8x mem multi than 10x mem multi, but I haven't tried 10x yet with clock delays. Mem is at 7-7-6-16-1T-52-6-12-3-3 using 1.75v @ 1650mhz+ on the 8x multi and 8-9-8-16-1T-74-8-14-4-3 using 1.88v @ 2050mhz+. Vtt required is +220mv (1.32dmm) and +340mv (1.43dmm) respectively.

Temps @ 4.775ghz 1.44v are 80c max in prime95 and 86c max in linx. Thats after a full days load testing as well. Water temps were pretty high before the run.

2 Hours of crysis and max cpu temp recorded was 69c and max gpu temp 38c. Happy days .

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by PiLsY View Post
    4.8ghz 24/7 looks to be a firm possibility now.
    i almost fell off my chair when i read that...
    daym!

Technician
    Left it at home priming @ 23 x 208. Not had an email to say my pc isnt pingable yet, but that doesn't mean a worker hasnt dropped out (vdimm wrong) or the whole app hasnt died (vtt to vcore ratio wrong). Incidentally if it BSOD's its almost always vcore related (as long as you havent jumped a few steps and one of your other voltages is way out).

Need more cooling - not at the cpu limit yet and temps dont skyrocket until 1.6vcore. Just water temps build up. Realistically ive no room for more rads so its down to replacing what I have if I want more. Im not convinced its worth the effort though. I can't see a PA120.3 in place of my magicool XT w/6 fans (would only have room for 3 on the PA) making much difference to overall heat capacity.

I've already booted into windows at 5ghz though (but no stability at all, bsod launching cpuz). Accidentally set cpu turbo to always on instead of disabled when testing bclk. I'll grab a 5ghz+ validation tonight with any luck.

Its tempting me into trying to rebuild my old phase unit...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    can i see a pic of your rig?

Technician
    Yeah sure..few benches here too. Been doing high ambient testing. 4.8ghz failed spectacularly. 4.7 got ridiculously hot but still passed - see linx test below. Local room temp @ pc front intake 27c (and pc next to the central heating radiator ), so as hot as its ever likely to get here in the UK.

Linx @ boiling point....

Done with cXe Enabled

First of the quick benches is everest...

And low latency...

And some Super Pi:

And my best ever 32m done tonight (OS not optimised in any way for Pi runs):

Promise 3d benches soon...just want a final overnight prime run and im happy...

And just for Saaya - It started as a core2duo e8500 and just slowly developed into what it is now. When I get chance I need to strip it and get the case sprayed - have the paints and compressor here, just dont ever have a whole weekend free at the same time as the weather to do it. Eventually it'll be mirror black with a few flame red internal details and maybe some white bits too (not sure about that yet though, thinking maybe custom hdd mounts and the internal rad mounts / fan grills etc etc). Anyway, I digress....
    Last edited by PiLsY; 10-05-2009 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Way too big!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    i almost fell off my chair when i read that...
    daym!
    Dito

My 24/7 is about 3,5GHz and beside of benching/having Fun
    i won t go over Stock (1,25V @ 4,1) to 1,35V @ 4,4GHz.

Xtreme Member
    Hey pilsy, do you think if you mount your radiator horizontally that it might take off some pressure on your loop? I bet that big rad would flow better if it wasnt fighting gravity.

Technician
    TBH I don;t think it'll make much difference - the pump can do over 4m of pressure head, so the height of a 360mm rad better not bother it! It seems pretty free flowing for a system with 4 blocks and 2 rads off a single pump. I would guesstimate at 1.2 to 1.5gpm.

Thanks for the comments guys .

Xtreme X.I.P.
    its a closed loop right? the res is completely airtight right?
    then gravity doesnt matter afaik, itll all cancel itself out...

id put the rad on top cause it looks better... but it doesnt really matter...
    another option would be to add a tripple rad on top, heh... that should be fine for even 2 dualgpu cards and a core i7 at 4.5G+
    and it would get you the same water temps in idle and load with your current rig i think.

besides that, there are some rads that basically function as a side panel of a case... or you can build such a think out of 2-3 tripple rads and remove the in-case double rad... you might even get away with so low fanspeeds the system will be truly noiseless... but thatll take some work and tripple rads cost some money too...

but yeah, your def heat limited there... 94C... i didnt even go that far, i stopped as soon as i saw 86 on one of my cores i think
    that was at 4.4ghz with 1.4xv iirc...

and yes, 27C ambient temps is def as high as itll get in the uk ^^

Technician
    Did normal ambient testing last night and my hottest core in Linx got to 84c. Prime doesn't even break 75 at peak and averages at 70 or just below.

Just found out my 3dmark crashes were down to running SLI on 190 version drivers with my windows swapfile disabled. I have to have it enabled for linx max mem testing, but had disabled it again when I started testing 3d. Looks like its back to testing at 204bclk+ again.

My high ambient testing would mean that 4.8ghz is a cool room only overclock. 4.83ghz is 50/50 for running 3dmark, sometimes crashes, sometimes finishes, sometmies gives low scores. I'm also struggling with my vantage scores in general. 06 is right on the money, but vantage I'm getting the same scores now (300pts up) as I was at 4.3ghz on the 920 c0. Was expecting MUCH more. And on the subject of temps I still cant figure out why cXe enabled adds 5c to load temp?

All year round overclock seems to be somewhere in the region of 23 x 205.

Also IOH vcca 1.5v = pcie voltage? And the second IOH 1.1v = what's that for? Wondering if this is the same as the IOH analogue value on the DFI x58 boards?

Xtreme Member
    hey for some odd reason i get a faster score at 4.3 compared to 4.4 with that driver. it is like a 800 point swing in favor of 4.3
    Intel System
    CPU: Intel i7 990x ES @ 4.2GHz 24/7 still kicking!
    Mobo: Foxconn BloodRage X58 P11 Bios
    Ram: Corsair Dominator 12GB DDR3
    Water Cooling: Apogee XT, MCP655-B pump, MCR220 radiator, XSPC 5.25" Bay reservoir
    Videocard: EVGA Nvidia FTW+ GTX 1060 6GB
    OS HDD: Samsung 950 Pro 512 MB M.2
    Strorage HDD: W.D. VelociRaptor 300GB
    Storage HDD: W.D. 500GB
    PSU: Enermax Evo Galaxy 1250 Watt
    Case: Cooler Master Cosmos S
    Roms: Lite On DVD Burner
    Roms: Asus Bluray Burner

Xtreme X.I.P.
    vantage fluctuates a lot from what i heard... and its very gpu limited depending on the res you run... even in sli...

1.5v pciE voltage, i think so but im not sure
    1.1v analogue voltage, idk...

check the intel whitepapers for x58, should be all in there...
    when 1366 was new everybody started making up names for voltages, i remember vtt was initially called fsb voltage by asus or gigabyte?
    and some other weird stuff like that... i told the engineers at foxconn, stick to the names intel uses so theres no confusion...

Technician
    Cobra - Its made my Left 4 Dead look different too, kind of sharper. Looks more like an ATI card? I'm guessing LOD or mipmapping tweaks. Its the swapfile issue thats annoying me. Its cost me 2 days and a shedload of frustration. Really not sure what driver to use on win7. May go back to 185's again as they worked well in my games (despite benching lower).

Im wondering about vcca as it goes red very quickly but has plenty more adjustment. I'm not happy increasing it much without knowing for sure its ok.

Xtreme Member
    mine for some odd reason didnt like higher cpu clock speeds... I personally like 186.18. The only thing when u down grade make sure u turn digital viberance down to about 50%. the newer drivers set it to 75% which is the same as the 50% in the older drivers.
    Intel System
    Water Cooling: Apogee XT, MCP655-B pump, MCR220 radiator, XSPC 5.25" Bay reservoir

Technician
    Just noticed your cpu batch - mines 3910A470 . Whats your vid? Mines 1.1875v. Looks like yours doesn't like bclk too much just like mine. The old c0 was better. This struggles to validate 215bclk whereas I have 222 off my c0 920. It also likes vcore within 0.05v of vtt above 205bclk. I wonder if this is causing you to use more vcore than necessary for your clock speed?

Xtreme Member
    I think mine is 1.1875v too.

It is rock solid at 4.2. havent primed it at 4.3 or 4.4.
    Intel System

Xtreme Member
    mistake my vid is 1.2375 or something like that 1.23 for sure
    Intel System

Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    well if you use the sas pciE then the clock should be 100 even with high pciE, at least i think so...
    about what mem uses what chips, im way out of the loop, sorry...
    Sorry to resurrect this topic, but I recently encountered some instability and I was wondering if the combination of my pciE=102 and SAS=enabled settings had anything to do with it?

After passing various stability tests, my O/C blue-screened on one particular game. Since then, I turned SAS off and no more BSOD(s), but I still need to test some more.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hmmmmm wouldnt know how sas affects stability tbh...

Xtreme Member
    This computer Im using right now, a 9npa+ wont boot at all normally. It only boots now with the ac97 sound disabled. Thats wierd, but it starts now.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    whart happens if its enabled?
    it posts but doesnt get into windows?
    might be a driver issue in windows? so it freezes or crashes when trying to initialize the audio?
    does safe mode work?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910