Thread: help my overclock please ?

help my overclock please ?

am running

q9450 currently at 3.2ghz
    gigabyte EP45-DS3P
    2x2gb kingston p8500C5
    non overclocked asus 260gtx.

Its stable at 3.2ghz. Any higher, even 20fsb higher and it boots fine but i get no output from gfx card. Have locked pci bus to 100.

Would like 3.8ghz if possible! as i had an e5200 at 3.8ghz before it!

Cooler is one of those big noctua things, sexy as hell!

And a question.

is it safe to turn off the rear fan on my antec 900, and turn on the big 200mm one instead ? This creates less noise and apparently moves more air, also the exhausted air from the push-pull noctua points at the 200mm.

thanks

I am Xtreme
    K first thing to do is to eliminate the ram, use & 1:1 Divider so 400FSB = 800Mhz ram speed
    Up Vcore to 1.3 and see if she posts then at eg 425FSB...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

uhhh, the same issue with my q9450, stable @ 3.2GHz...when trying to go higher got a bunch of errors in memtest (i really think it's RAM causing problems - but how can it pass all tests on 1600MHz and not working at less frequency???)
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.4GHz (Turbo Mode) Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Air Cooler: Scythe Mine 2
    GPU: MSI Radeon HD6870 Twin Frozr II RAM: G.Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W
    Case: Antec Twelve Hundred OS: Windows 7 64-bit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    P45 with DDR3 is plagued by FSB holes, instability issues, and mostly works best on only a few dividers... it's more incompatability with the chipset and certain rams IC's... and all brands have it... my P45 DDR3 board works best with Low voltage rams...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree