Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mountain Mods pedestal arrives..

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by JaD View Post
    Right, so having fan openings you can't use is not a flaw just because the mistake has been made by a company you like. No wait, it's actually a feature, they've made some nice round shaped portholes, just like a yacht! Ain't that nifty!
    I'm sorry, I really like MM too, but when something is wrong, it's wrong. Laugh all you want, you're just confirming how biased your opinion is.
    Yeah whatever. I would use that pedestal with 2 120.3 rads with NO FANS on them, then I would have 6 low speed fans EXHAUSTING out of the additional 6 holes which would pull cool air IN over the rads. How is this a design flaw? If the pedestal was touted as being able to run 3 or 4 120.3 rads then yes, it would most certainly be a design flaw but as it stands it just is not. If you can't figure out how to make good use of it that does not constitute a flaw but rather user error.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."
    *:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Xtreme Mentor
    I don't believe it is a design flaw, because ultimately you are limited by space and size of the radiators, not the layout of the pedestal.
    Like I stated, it works perfectly for what I wanted.. so I'm very happy.
    A thermochill 120.3, 120.2, and bix 120 up top... mcr 320, 220, and radi 220 down below.
    Overkill.. sure
    I would take this over the ascension for the sure fact that the pedestal can hide a lot of wires, tubing, electronics, pumps, etc. It makes routing nice as well.
    I am extremely pleased by this product..
    Asus P6T, I7-920, 6gb ocz xmp, 4890, Raid 0-1 Terabyte, full watercooled - Triple Loop 5 radiators

Quote Originally Posted by justin.kerr View Post
    Well, it makes sense me having 6 fans pulling cool air through the 2 radiators, and 6 fans exhausting warm air out.
    From what I understand, you can't even do that: it seems that there won't be enough clearance to install a fan on the adjacent side where the fittings are. Can you confirm on that Eddie?
    Even in such case, free-flow fans move much more air than rad fans, so you don't need to pair them unless you're putting fans on the outside for push-pull (if that, as I believe free flow fans would end up moving more air than the two on the rad anyway, considering pressure favors them).
    I'm just saying it would have been much better having 2x120 mounting on at least one side, to allow for additional configurations.

Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
    Yeah whatever. I would use that pedestal with 2 120.3 rads with NO FANS on them, then I would have 6 low speed fans EXHAUSTING out of the additional 6 holes which would pull cool air IN over the rads. How is this a design flaw? If the pedestal was touted as being able to run 3 or 4 120.3 rads then yes, it would most certainly be a design flaw but as it stands it just is not. If you can't figure out how to make good use of it that does not constitute a flaw but rather user error.
    I think it's actually the other way around, it's you finding a specific way to make it work instead of anyone else who wants to put fans on the rads being stubborn, but yeah whatever, this discussion's not gonna lead anywhere as you're evidently unwilling to admit something could have been done better. Now that i think about it, I'm feeling quite like talking to an apple fan: you're convinced it's not the company that has to make products fitting their customer needs, it's the customer who has to bend his needs to fit the product.

Anyway, I'm not saying the pedestal is a completely ed up product, just that I wouldn't expect such issues on MM cases.

I don't get the argument on design flaw ... how in the heck else could MM have made a box with the restrictions of 18x18" footprint? I just tried it in my cube - you can't put a fan at the corner hole next to a radiator if it's a large radiator - eg a Thermochill with the older spacing. You can possibly put 20mm fans in if you were using a shorter triple. I looked at the pedestal and was considering 2 triples - opposite each other, but then asking for the other sides to have dual fan holes that were centered - having the rads pull fresh air in, and the fans exhausting...

If you're having problems getting to the MM website, check out this thread: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=232848

Looks like ketzer7 got to the bottom of it

Xtreme Addict
    Right, so having fan openings you can't use is not a flaw just because the mistake has been made by a company you like. No wait, it's actually a feature, they've made some nice round shaped portholes, just like a yacht! Ain't that nifty!
    I'm sorry, I really like MM too, but when something is wrong, it's wrong. Laugh all you want, you're just confirming how biased your opinion is.
    WTH?!? You can only fit so many rads in a certain area. Before making presumptions perhaps a little reading is in order. How many 360 rads can you fit into a 18"X18" area? If you can do better then send your schematic over to MM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadasius View Post
    Before making presumptions perhaps a little reading is in order.
    Thanks for the advice, but you should do that yourself first:
    They should have cut only 2 holes on 2 of the sides, so that you could comfortably place 2x360+2x240 or 2x360+4 fans.
    I'm not saying it should fit 4x360 rads, I'm stating there's no point in having 12 fan holes in a 18"x18" box.

And you know what's funny? You're the same guy who thinks two fans spinning at the same speed, one undervolted and one PWM driven, push different amounts of air
    You are definitely the one who should do some more reading.

JaD. Its not a flaw. You may not like it... but its not a design flaw.

Xtreme Guru
    You sure it's not meant to only have to 2 360s and fans to exhaust the hot air?

it would make sense having the 2 rads pulling cooling air in to the middle and the 6 fans exhausting it back out again.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Member
    Not re-ignite this thread, but from looking at what MMs offers, it would seem to me that if you want a Pedestal that can fit 4 rads in the bottom, you'd have to go with the extended, 24" version. Wouldn't that just be the easiest thing to do? Otherwise, I don't think they ever intended for the regular 18" version to fit 4 rads..

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by fallwind View Post
    It's not really a design flaw. If you installed 4 triple rads, where would the exhaust air go? It's really only meant to have 2 triple rads installed, leaving the other 2 sides empty for exhaust.

i fit 4....

if ur putting a rad inside your main chamber, the pedistool i feel is a waste.

You can fit all the rads you would possibly need in a regular MM.

The Pedistool is a extension when you require more space. You have such small radiators, i dont see why u threw on a pedistool.

If i was to max out my config on Haruhi with the pedistool i can easily pocket 7 rads total, assuming i kept my pedistool stacked.

My advice since im probably the one whose had the most time tinkering with one...

1. Keep the unit as far away as possible from the psu exhaust. So your floor mount might not be the best option. You dont want to draw i hot exhaust air from your psu because it will always be hot.

2. I noticed a serial config with fans doesnt effect your pedistool as much. So dont worry about all your rads pulling air from the outside. My config has air coming from the front PA120.3 -> PA160 (notice how there very low FPI rads) and then the air is fed to a stacked MCR320 unit -> exhaust outside.

Delta from air out PA -> air in MCR320 doesnt vary by more then 2-3C.

If u want to fit MCR220's on the side, you will need to possition them in the middle, however the MCR220 is better off mounted in the rear behind the HD cases like old school.

It is a design flaw, period.
    If there was no room for 3 or 4 rads, then there wouldn't be any for 2 rads and 6 additional fans, thus no point in having 12 fan holes.
    *sigh*

im so quickly forgotten on this forum, yet i make the loudest noise...

4 Rads... 3 x 120x3 class, and 1 160 class.

Also u cant say its a design flaw when you design it. Its made for one thing, to fit on top or on bottom of a MM. So by nature the box layout needs to be 18x18.

How u config the internals speaks for your skill in layout as much as the design of the case. If someone has pulled it off, then it throws out impossible.

And i showed u guys 4 rads is possible.
    Last edited by NaeKuh; 08-25-2009 at 11:16 AM.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

You haven't been making enough noise lately!!!! I thought maybe you were off finishing up some builds.

Banned Movieman...
    someone needs to dust...

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    You haven't been making enough noise lately!!!! I thought maybe you were off finishing up some builds.

shhhhhhhhhhh....

ive been starting on mayoi.... needs more parts tho.

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    someone needs to dust...
    u didnt know? DB is the darklord of bling...

I am the darklord of zipties and dust.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    I am the darklord of zipties and dust.
    HAHAHAHA.....DUST BUNNY....ATACK!!!

Chasing After Diety
    ahhh yes.. my minons of evil....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12