• Yes

44 43.14%
  • No

58 56.86%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: seriously, an animated favicon?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Won't that just nuke favicons completely for every site?

Admin
    Okay, chill out everyone, Charles is most likely going to pull it later today. Briefly got in touch with him and he has no qualms in pulling it given the response. It'll probably be a stationary X unless that's going to upset everyone too

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    Okay, chill out everyone, Charles is most likely going to pull it later today. Briefly got in touch with him and he has no qualms in pulling it given the response. It'll probably be a stationary X unless that's going to upset everyone too
    Stationary favicons are a standard for a reason. They let you personalize the site, tabs, and bookmarks in what can best be considered a classy move. I support just the XS in a stationary icon, much better than absolutely no favicon.

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] MarioMaster View Post
    You will stop visiting something you enjoy because of an animated favicon? Seriously, this thread is filled with so many whiners it's not even funny.

"Incredibly obtrusive"? you are that sensitive to a tiny block of animated pixels?

I cannot grasp this concept.
    Problem is you have movement in the tab bar which some websites use to indicate an update. I've sort of trained myself to click on tabs when an update is posted. Then I have XS in my toolbar of bookmarks, so it is constantly scrolling there also without deleting the image. Quite distracting

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by eleeter View Post
    Won't that just nuke favicons completely for every site?
    Yeah, but like the lady says, I'm "one of those that wish they'd disappear altogether". Besides, it's a temp fix until the Marquee qui dérange is gone.

Blame google if the translation is bad.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Lead Head View Post
    1. I don't mind the logo. Its a lot more "modern" then what was there before.
    2. I sometimes like that its full width, other times I dont.
    3. Do you mean Font, or Typeface? There is a difference, either way I font the default font easy to read and distinguish between different letters.
    4. The blue/gray works good together IMO, the black on gray text is also extremely easy on the eyes, more so then black on white, while still keeping good contrast.
    5. ???
    6. Look fine to me? Small, streamlined and simple
    7. Who cares?

I agree a happy medium with the favicon would maybe to have it "blank" after the S in systems, then show "XS", and then have it scroll through again 30 seconds or so? I know you can set how long a frame stays up in Image Ready
    1. Grunge was pretty passe a few years ago. If you still like it, fine but it certainly isn't reflective of what a current web site should look like. Also, grunge is technically post-modern.
    2. Cool, but good design dictates what I said earlier. For web that specific amount of characters is what has been proven to be the easiest to read and thus what websites should have in order to be the most effective. This can be done a variety of ways such as adjusting the tracking, making the site more horizontal than vertical, etc.
    3. I do know the difference. I digress that the term font would have been more appropriate though. It is just so ugly and bland. It is easy to read, but there are TONS of other ways you could make it look good and still easy to read.
    4. Actually white on black has been proven to be the best for web. As a general rule black on white is the most readable for reflected light where as white on black is the most readable for projected light. I find the current color scheme really dull and reeks of old design. You can stick with the grey and blue and not have it look bad.
    5. Leading is the space between lines of text.
    6. You can do the same thing while making them look better.
    7. Anyone who is a web designer. Once again, you can make them look good while maintaining the same usability.

Xtreme Member
    Wow i dont know what to say to the people that find it distracting, how is that even possible. You must have ADD up the ass.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian^ View Post
    Wow i dont know what to say to the people that find it distracting, how is that even possible. You must have ADD up the ass.
    Pretty much, yeah I do.

Xtreme Addict
    having things moving on the screen is just annoying, no matter what it is, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by NKrader View Post
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Member
    [x] No.
    I`m addicted to heavy multi-tabbing, it`s just irritating and there`s no advantage by having an animated favicon.
    The Initial value finished
    PI calculation is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Software tweaks are not for sale.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I love it, i can stare at it all day.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please return to the old static favicon..! I always have multiple tabs open of xs and having so many distractions on my screen, it annoys. It's like those flash ads with embedded sound - annoying as hell....

Quote Originally Posted by ripken204 View Post
    having things moving on the screen is just annoying, no matter what it is, imo.
    Including your avatar ?

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Including your avatar ?
    I was about to say that lol.
    Friends shouldn't let friends use Windows 7 until Microsoft fixes Windows Explorer (link)

Quote Originally Posted by PerryR, on John Fruehe (JF-AMD) View Post
    Pretty much. Plus, he's here voluntarily.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Including your avatar ?
    nice catch. animated avatar does not distract people but a small favicon does. how strange??

Xtreme Addict
    damn you guys, lol. at least you only see that briefly. with multiple tabs open having multiple xtremesystems favicons scrolling across constantly that you cant hide is whats really annoying.
    just start taking pics of peoples kids the parents will come talk to you shortly. if you have a big creepy van it works faster

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by ripken204 View Post
    damn you guys, lol. at least you only see that briefly. with multiple tabs open having multiple xtremesystems favicons scrolling across constantly that you cant hide is whats really annoying.
    if i were you, i will not ever post in this thread again.

oh ya, your avatar is annoying man. lol

I am Xtreme
    Annoying animations get blocked on sight! The web is so much better when I don't have to see any of it.

Oh.. I'm looking forward to the favicon being changed... As it stands it is not extreme.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Bail_w View Post
    if i were you, i will not ever post in this thread again.

oh ya, your avatar is annoying man. lol
    LMAO thanks for breaking up the intensity.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Member
    Looks ghey. "Tacky" comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Tanker View Post
    Looks ghey. "Tacky" comes to mind.
    That's not nice....I like ripken's avatar.

Xtreme Member
    Yes..a bit harsh i guess. I think the idea was okay...but, due to the limited size, you only see 1 to 1-1/2 letters at a time. I'm sure lots of time and effort was put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Tanker View Post
    Yes..a bit harsh i guess. I think the idea was okay...but, due to the limited size, you only see 1 to 1-1/2 letters at a time. I'm sure lots of time and effort was put into it.
    It was suppose to be humorous.

Xtreme Addict
    thanks
    i loved the old days when i only played warcraft II and starcraft.

Xtreme Addict
    OP's avatar is more annoying than the favicon he's complaining about.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHughe View Post
    OP's avatar is more annoying than the favicon he's complaining about.
    Umm....the op's avatar, is the favicon he's complaining about.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast