Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Xtreme Flight Sim Fans and Their Rigs

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Duke-Nukem View Post
    New photos from today...

[img] sweet pics [/img]

Enjoy,
    Duke
    How do you work with all that eye candy flying past?

I use to drop my books to go outside and watch a dirty metro taxi past lol

Quote Originally Posted by [200] View Post
    How do you work with all that eye candy flying past?

I use to drop my books to go outside and watch a dirty metro taxi past lol
    TRUST ME. It's not easy. I go sit out on the curb at lunchtime to catch a glimpse of something flying by. I am Xtreme.....

Duke
    If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.? -Isaac Newton

Xtreme Enthusiast
    TRUST ME. It's not easy. I go sit out on the curb at lunchtime to catch a glimpse of something flying by. I am Xtreme.....

Duke

That's got to be quoted

G940

Hey all. I am nearing completing the review for the Logitech G940. Also, I will be giving away a copy of DCS Black Shark real soon, so keep your eyes open for it. I also have a copy of Tom Clancys Hawx to give away as well!

If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on the shoulders of giants.? -Isaac Newton

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey all. I am nearing completing the review for the Logitech G940. Also, I will be giving away a copy of DCS Black Shark real soon, so keep your eyes open for it. I also have a copy of Tom Clancys Hawx to give away as well!

What sort of Gimmic Promotion is this?
    Last edited by M31; 10-25-2009 at 06:43 PM.

Well, if you think its a gimmick promotion, don't bother trying to win it when the contest starts. Pretty simple isn't it? Maybe you should find some other posts to bother people in. You have been negative towards me long enough. This is supposed to be a friendly community, and you are not very friendly.

Duke
    Last edited by Duke-Nukem; 10-25-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    True mate ... i have been a bit of an to you, but all this commercial stuff is hardly the Life and Soul of what these Forums are supposed to be about.

I never out right called you a Spammer, but you seem to enjoy it?

C'mon pal, get that G940 review you have been talking about for months now up, before's its onto a new version

The Saitek X64 Force Sesning dual throttle HOTAS is out next month, The Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS has been announced (Good news for the forthcoming A-10 sim) even CH are leaking news of a new ... way overdue HOTAS.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    He is taking a while, but he is not a large web site based review entity. He is a user. Logitech chose to give him a unit for that down to earth real person review that most buyers will align with more than a big review website that generally is believed to only be kissing the ass of the manufacturer so they will keep sending them goodies for them to review and keep the hits coming on their website so they can sell add space.

Don't know why I am defending him, just seems like you have a vendetta or something though.

I am sure they sent copies of the aforementioned games for the purpose of reviewing the stick. No idea really though, as I have never gotten anything to review.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

I bought these with MY own money...

Quote Originally Posted by M31 View Post
    True mate ... i have been a bit of an to you, but all this commercial stuff is hardly the Life and Soul of what these Forums are supposed to be about.

I never out right called you a Spammer, but you seem to enjoy it?

C'mon pal, get that G940 review you have been talking about for months now up, before's its onto a new version

The Saitek X64 Force Sesning dual throttle HOTAS is out next month, The Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS has been announced (Good news for the forthcoming A-10 sim) even CH are leaking news of a new ... way overdue HOTAS.

OK. First let me say that I have been in contact with the manufacturer regarding a few problems I have been having in regards to drivers and software on the G940. We are working those out before I post the final review.

In relation to "commercial stuff" maybe you should take up this topic with Fugger. I am assuming you don't like the Crucial banner, or any other banner that is at the top of these forums either. Do you think that this kind of website gets run for free? "get that G940 review you have been talking about for months now up, before's its onto a new version"... When it's done, it's done. Can't say that you will be a motivating factor by any stretch of the imagination.

As far as the games are concerned, they are NOT bundles, I ran across some great deals on them, so I bought extra copies. I am not getting paid to give stuff away I bought with my own money. I appreciate the people reading my posts and reviews, and that is why I plan on having a few contests to win them in the XS Contest section. There is nothing "commercial" about what is going on here. I appreciate Xtreme Systems, and know alot of people on here. It's a great community. I am giving something back, that's all.

Duke
    Last edited by Duke-Nukem; 10-26-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    [QUOTE=Duke-Nukem;4081644My posts and reviews, and that is why I plan on having a few contests to win them in the XS Contest section.
    Duke[/QUOTE]

If its not too much of a pain, can ... You talk about your Reviews, you talk in the past tense ... I might have missed it, but I've never seen one of your Famous reviews before?

Post one of of your past review's Please

Though I'm sure you will find an excuse, not too?

You reek of spam, sorry.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    OK. First let me say that I have been in contact with the manufacturer regarding a few problems I have been having in regards to drivers and software on the G940. We are working those out before I post the final review.

Duke

WHAT?

What you have is a final release ... who exactly are you talking with and dealing with from Logitech? with your supposed (long since reviewed, killer review?)

You paint an ugly picture of Logitech in slow support, when most people have the exact opposite experience from them.

*snip* yaddam205
    Last edited by yaddam205; 10-31-2009 at 02:37 PM.

Banned
    man that black shark looks amazing! I cant find it anywhere local f/s are not popular in VT they are hard to find. I've been eyeballing that logitech setup and am pulling the trigger very soon! been playing F/s since i was in 8th grade!

WHAT?

What you have is a final release ... who exactly are you talking with and dealing with from Logitech? with your supposed (long since reviewed, killer review?)

You paint an ugly picture of Logitech in slow support, when most people have the exact opposite experience from them.
    Sorry to pipe in here but you obviously aren't aware of the shocking issues with the G19 keyboard and the sheer lack of any fix from Logitech (who have bumped it back to the motherboard manufacturers).

Yes Logitech products can be great (I love both my G15's, rev1 and 2) but my G19 has been sat on the book case for months now because it just wasn't usable (laggy, repeating characterssssssss (you get what I mean)).
    Not really ideal when you're playing an FPS or the like.

To have a clearer idea on the scope of the issue with the G19 have a look here

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/G-Seri...un/td-p/335720

Oh and I am Wolf823 on that forum.

I can imagine that if there are problems with the Logitech product and it's USB2 related that's why there may be a delay in it getting released (assuming thats what the issues are).

Don't get me wrong, I love the Logi products but they certainly aren't infallible when it comes to releasing unreliable and unusable (expensive) products.
    Gaming Rig
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5
    1 x i7 950 @ 3.66
    Corsair 800D
    1 x Sapphire Vapor-X 5870
    6 GB Corsair DDR3 PC3-1333 @ 9,9,9,24,2T
    Corsair HX1000 PSU
    G19 Keyboard 3.04 drivers
    120gb OCZ Vertex SSD
    BenQ FP241 WS Monitor

Spare
    Black Ops
    Intel QX9650 @ 3.5ghz
    Coolermaster Stacker
    1 x 5770 ATI card
    8 GB Corsair DDR3 PC3-10666 @ 9,9,9,24,2T
    Galaxy 1000w PSU
    G15 Keyboard 3.04 drivers
    150gb WD Raptor with Windows 7 64bit Ultimate

Banned
    doe anyone know any servers for IL-2 sturmovik 1946???

Xtreme Gamer
    There's no reason to insult other members.

Let's all act like adults here please.

If its not too much of a pain, can ... You talk about your Reviews, you talk in the past tense ... I might have missed it, but I've never seen one of your Famous reviews before?

Post one of of your past review's Please

Though I'm sure you will find an excuse, not too?

You reek of spam, sorry.
    Remember the title of this thread: Xtreme Flight Sim Fans and Their Rigs
    Well, since you are lazy and do not want to do the work for yourself, here they are. My reviews are famous? Thank you. Did I offend you in some way on these forums? I wish you would find other things more constructive to do with your comments than to criticize me and calling me a "spammer". No spamming going on at my end. Look at my posts, look at the amount of reads. What have you done on these forums lately to be any kind of help? Unbelievable. Move on already.....

1.) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=216630
    2.) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221098
    3.) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=220527
    4.) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=232036
    5.) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=232324
    6.) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=235588

These I edited and posted. They were reviewed by colleagues...
    7.) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=236570
    8.) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221218
    9.) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=213744
    10.) http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=208299

Oh, by the way, I see you do not have a single post in the reviews section....hmmm........

Xtreme Addict
    Will you two give it a rest and get back on topic lol I was looking forward to seeing some Sim fan rigs.
    Respec'
    System:Bunch of crappy overclocked PC's that cost an arm and a leg

Banned
    so ive been playing FSX with my logi attack 3 and have decided come tax time the new logitech is going to be mine!!! what are some other fs games that are good?? I have FSX + Accelration, IL 1946 falcon 4

Xtreme Guru
    well duke hopefully that shuts it up LOL
    dude needs to get a life!
    "Lurking" Since 1977

Jesus Saves, God Backs-Up
    *I come to the news section to ban people, not read complaints.*-[XC]Gomeler
    Don't believe Squish, his hardware does control him!

Xtreme Addict
    Duke, do you have X3 space sim games as well? they're real good imho

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by overclocking101 View Post
    doe anyone know any servers for IL-2 sturmovik 1946???
    Download Hyperlobby. There are some good servers on there. Skies of Valor and Skies of Fire are great servers to play on. I think both use patch 4.08m. Haven't played in a while though.
    Aaron___________________________Wife________________________ HTPC
    intel i7 2600k_____________________AMD5000+ BE @ 3ghz___________AMD4850+ BE @ 2.5ghz
    stock cooling______________________CM Vortex P912_______________ Foxconn A7GM-S 780G
    AsRock Extreme 4_________________ GB GA-MA78GM-S2H 780G_______OCZ SLI 2gb PC6400
    4gb 1600 DDR3___________________ OCZ Plat 2GB PC6400___________Avermedia A180 HDTV tuner
    MSI 48901gb 950/999______________Tt Toughpower 600w___________ Saphire 4830
    Corsair HX620____________________ inwin allure case___________ ___ Coolmax 480w
    NZXT 410 Gunmetal________________Acer 23" 1080p________________ LiteOn BD player
    X2gen 22" WS
    ________________ ________________________________ nMediaPC 1000B case

G940 review is up

Saitek...Where are you people???

Trying to get in touch with Saitek proves to be equivilent to getting "Nessie" to smile and say cheese...I sure would like to put the X65 up against the Logitech G940...Anyone have a contact that actually reads their mail?

Duke

Use HyperLobby for IL2 servers, you'll find 4.08m and 4.09m plus mod friendly servers there!

http://hyperfighter.sk/

See you there, look for our team MAG-13
    Foxconn Blood Rage rev 1.1 P11
    I7 920 C0@4.018 GHz
    Coolermaster HAF
    Coolermaster V8
    Mushkin Enhanced Redline 12 GB kit @1524
    eVGA 8800GT
    Corsair TX650W
    Kingston SNV425S264 64 GB SSD
    2xWD 500GB, 2xWD 1TB
    LG LH-20A1L

Thanks for the review D-N. I had been thinking about buying an X52, but after seeing this, I might have to change my plans.

I am still running FS 2004. What are the best texture packs and add on for this sim?
    MSI P45 Platinum Gamer Edition/Q6600 with TRUEX 120 @ 3.6ghz/XFX 4890/Corsair X64 SSD Boot Drive/WD 500AAKS/Antec Nine Hundred/Creative X-Fi Xtreme Gamer/4GB Crucial DDR2 800mhz/Dlink DWA-552 Xtreme N/Windows 7 Ultimate 64/Flatron W2452T
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=936443

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast