Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: ASUS TUF Series Mainboard,SABERTOOTH 55i

ASUS FTL Series 55i .. Sabertooths!(?) Weapons for cooling!(?) 1337 talk!(?) Get it today! *not*

...the hell with Asus?!

This board is just... FAIL...

Xtreme Member
    Over the mountains and down in the valley
    Asus....... This board.........BS Asus marketing = a bunch of useless s**t that is designed to dupe noobs into paying 200% more than the gear is worth.

I guess all I really have to say is....

Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    using a OCed quad for torrenting is like robbing your local video store with a rocket launcher.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    hahahahhahah wow that pic was really not what i expected...
    same color as the green on the board!

-_-
    Well as long as the price point is correct and the performance is there, that is all I care about.

As for looks, all mobo's look the same with insulation
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    I'll add my name to this elpida graveyard as soon I even think about running 32M. (yes, the thought is enough)

Xtreme Member
    I normally try to avoid BS marketing gimmicks, but this is just waaaayy over the line. I could never take this board seriously no matter how well it performs.

Xtreme Mentor
    This is seriously so LOL and so FTL that it SRYSLY looks like a fake joke.

The MemOK and the mofset cooling thing with the upside down ¡ r just ROFFLESAUCE.

It looks like Asus are just messing around and making fun of MSI and Gigabyte, but even things like Circupipe (circular heatpipe), DR Mos (named after some MSI boss person), and Ultra Durable are far far far less lame sounding then this junk from Asus is.

No way can this board be real. It must have been photoshopped by a 12 year old genius of a prankster.

where's the 8pin power connector?

edit: found it
    Last edited by illidan; 08-22-2009 at 04:45 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    umm, i actually thought this was toned down, ie better looking, than popular gigabyte or evga boards.
    Last edited by grimREEFER; 08-22-2009 at 05:11 AM.
    DFI P965-S/core 2 quad q6600@3.2ghz/4gb gskill ddr2 @ 800mhz cas 4/xfx gtx 260/ silverstone op650/thermaltake xaser 3 case/razer lachesis

Xtremeish
    Quote Originally Posted by grimREEFER View Post
    umm, i actually thought this was toned down, ie better looking, than popular gigabyte or evga boards.
    I agree, I also like the more subtle coloring.

But really, if the board is good and has a decent layout then it might as well look ugly for all I care.
    Aber ja, naturlich Hans nass ist, er steht unter einem Wasserfall - James May
    Hardware: Gigabyte GA-Z87M-D3H, Intel i5 4670k @ 4GHz, Crucial DDR3 BallistiX, Asus GTX 770 DirectCU II, Corsair HX 650W, Samsung 830 256GB, Silverstone Precision -|- Cooling: Noctua NH-C12P SE14

Xtreme Member
    @ the backlash. Crying over some marketing catch phrases... pull that log out of your ass pretty please. It's meant to attract the military buff (geek ) types, therefore the camo colors and all the acronym mumbo jumbo.

I can see how some people can't dig the color palette, but then again there are also those of us whose tastes have moved beyond the screaming crayon primaries on neutrals combo prevalent in current component visual design trends. Someone has taken an initiative to stir things up a bit and offer something slightly different looking and whether it sets off a new trend or not I find this a welcome addition. I'd wait for some high resolution marketing beauty shots before forming a definitive opinion though; snuck out low res thumbs of actual slides intended for retail briefings can be a bit decieving.

Feature wise this board seems more of a midrange product, more like the EVO equivalent rather than that of a ROG board. Hope there are more of these in the pipeline.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    TUF- the ultimate fail, no seriously wth does it stand for?
    Intel is like Egypt in Rome:total war

Xtreme Member
    For anyone too dumb or oblivious to even properly read the slides (I know that ol' finger is itchin' for a speedy troll):

TUF stands for The Ultimate Force, which in it self barely means anything, but as an acronym could be read out loud as tough, a (catch) phrase that plays nicely into the main selling point behind this line of products: superior durability. The name was made to fit the acronym "after the fact" which is not uncommon in the marketing world.

Says so right on the PCB, left of the CPU socket: the writing beneath the big logo, which also reads as TUF (with a little bit of imagination some of you apparently lack).

Now please get on with the programme and write something constructive for a change.
    Last edited by sholvaco; 08-22-2009 at 07:01 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Jesus, are they effing serious? How about that. Asus dishing out more stuff that they will overcharge and undersupport. I can see it now: "Oh, right, you folks need new BIOS? TUF " "Your board died and you wanna RMA? TUF" Well f*&K it, lets hope they have a one shot perfect OC board that'll never need any support. As for the design, looks like , not that it really matters since boards get pretty much all covered up w/ components any how.

Edit: Totally love the CoolMem FAN BRACKET "Innovation"

Asus TUF Series Motherboards ... Because we all take hammers to Asus boards once in a while...
    Last edited by Etihtsarom; 08-22-2009 at 07:56 AM.
    Modded Cosmos. | Maximus II Formula. Bios 1307| 2x2 Mushkin XP ASCENT 8500 | Q9550-E0- 4.10 + TRUE | Visiontek HD4870X2 | LN32A550 1920x1080 | X-FI Extreme Gamer | Z5300E | G15v.1 | G7 | MX518 | Corsair HX1000 | X25-MG2 80G | 5xHDD

The board itself does look kinda ugly, though I've seen worse. Only 4 SATA ports? Lame.
    AMD Threadripper 12 core 1920x CPU OC at 4Ghz | ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme X399 motherboard | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM | Gigabyte 11GB GTX 1080 Ti Aorus Xtreme GPU | SilverStone Strider Platinum 1000W Power Supply | Crucial 1050GB MX300 SSD | 4TB Western Digital HDD | 60" Samsung JU7000 4K UHD TV at 3840x2160

I just dont understand where this fits into the p55 lineup. We've already seen a full range of products from the budget all the way to the ROG board, and this seems totally unnecessary. Giving the consumer options is generally a good thing, but there reaches a point where its just overkill. I can only imagine that if they had fewer boards per series they would save money on R&D, produce better quality boards, and offer better support and bios updates for each product.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrono Detector View Post
    The board itself does look kinda ugly, though I've seen worse. Only 4 SATA ports? Lame.
    uhh...I count 8...not 4
    but there are only 4 that sit at a right angle
    the other 4 sit right below the drive xpert (one is orange, one is white, the other two are black)
    Current System:
    eVGA 680i SLi "A2" P30 BIOS
    intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 (currently at stock)
    OCZ ReaperX 4GB DDR2 1000 (running at DDR2 800 Speeds with cas4)
    320GB Seagate 7200.10
    XFX 8800GT XXX 512MB (stock clocks)
    auzentech X-Fi Prelude
    PC Power and Cooling Silencer 750 Quad Copper
    Win XP Pro

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sholvaco View Post
    For anyone too dumb or oblivious to even properly read the slides (I know that ol' finger is itchin' for a speedy troll):

TUF stands for The Ultimate Force, which in it self barely means anything, but as an acronym could be read out loud as tough, a (catch) phrase that plays nicely into the main selling point behind this line of products: superior durability. The name was made to fit the acronym "after the fact" which is not uncommon in the marketing world.

Says so right on the PCB, left of the CPU socket: the writing beneath the big logo, which also reads as TUF (with a little bit of imagination some of you apparently lack).

Now please get on with the programme and write something constructive for a change.

Hey not everyone looks at these things with a magnifying glass. So go easy with the attitude silly.
    Also they call the mosfets and caps "TUF" which makes you believe they use some kind of new technology no one knows about. But is actually just bs. confusing, but thats marketing.
    Intel is like Egypt in Rome:total war

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Most will notice the TUF to "TOUGH" since the posting.

Marketing is the main move for the board, since their already ample line-up should suffice. Plus they have the "ROG" too.

Or, are their current line-up not "tough" enough, that they feel the need of adding "TUF".
    Their new Gigabyte-inspired Xtreme Design is supposed to do all the buffing for their newer mobos, right?
    [[Daily R!G]]
    Core i7 920 D0 @ 4.0GHz w/ 1.325 vcore.
    Rampage II Gene||CM HAF 932||HX850||MSI GTX 660ti PE OC||Corsair H50||G.Skill Phoenix 3 240GB||G.Skill NQ 6x2GB||Samsung 2333SW

flickr

Xtreme Member
    Woooww nice motherboard......how much it cost?

the TUF series is better thank ROG edition? :p
    Intel C2D E8400 @ 4Ghz // Asus Maximus Formula x38 @ FSB 500Mhz// G.Skill Pi 2x2GB 1000Mhz // 9800GTX+ SSC eVGA // WD Raptor X 150GB + Samsung Spinpoint 2TB // DVD-RW DL Asus // Powercooler 850W // CM Cosmos S // Samsung T260N / Edifier R251 // Logitech G9 // Logitech G15 Rev2

Cooling System: Swiftech Apex Ultra H2O Kit + MCW60

Xtreme Member
    I have a feeling that asus designers might have a problem these days.
    CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula Graphics: Asus GTX 670 DCII TOP RAM: CORSAIR PLATINUM 16GB DDR3 1866
    Hard Drive: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB Cooling: Corsair H100i OS: Window 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 Monitor: Samsung S27B970D PLS LED
    Keyboard: Logitech MK700 Combo Power: Corsair Gold AX750W 80 Plus Case: NZXT 410 ELITE Speaker: Logitech X530

Xtreme X.I.P.
    We don't know pricing yet or performance. I like the look of the board, its just a matter of how well it works.

I think people take offence to companies slapping cheesy gimmick names to technology that in some cases is nothing special. Cut that stuff out and you probably drop 50% of the hate right there.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by bhavv View Post
    The MemOK and the mofset cooling thing with the upside down ¡ r just ROFFLESAUCE.
    MemOK worked fine on my GENE II, no comments ther. Is it really needed ? If you know what you are doing, nope... but did I allready tell you it works nicely :p

If the ceramique cooling works, I would prefer it, over them silly alloy copper plated heatsink rollercoasters anytime.... time will tell it this stuff works and isn't just a PR's guys wet dream...
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

Xtreme Member
    Does look fugly but if it performs well then its all good really
    EVGA X58 Classified
    Intel Core i7 980X @ 4ghz
    EVGA 590 GTX x2 Quad SLI
    Corsair Dominator DDR3 12GB PC3-12800C8
    Western Digital 150 GB Velociraptor
    Corsair AX1200
    Asus Xonar Xense
    Custom Watercooling
    Lian Li Pc-P80 Armoursuit

-_-
    Quote Originally Posted by raju View Post
    We don't know pricing yet or performance. I like the look of the board, its just a matter of how well it works.

I think people take offence to companies slapping cheesy gimmick names to technology that in some cases is nothing special. Cut that stuff out and you probably drop 50% of the hate right there.
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    I'll add my name to this elpida graveyard as soon I even think about running 32M. (yes, the thought is enough)

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Mem OK on the ROG latest BIOS, you can save a BIOS profile to the button and engage it quickly at boot. Nice quick load feature to boot the board I guess if you need it.

Btw, the ceramic hs on this board seems to work to an extent, a colleague is testing the board as we speak.

regards
    Raja

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast