Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Media players, what do you use?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Foobar, was using winamp too...
    winamp looks nicer because of skins...
    foobar has a awesome library and tac support with the fancy bars all over the place

Foobar for FLAC, outstanding quality
    Winamp for others, sometimes itunes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Video | VLC | PowerDVD
    Audio | MediaMonkey | WinAmp
    Video Editing | PowerDirector
    Photo Editing | VicMan | Olympus Master | Picasa | Photoshop
    DMA | DLINK DSM520 | Built in DMA Samsung PN50B650
    Portable Audio | SanDisk Fuze - Loves FLAC!

Xtreme Member
    vlc and foobar is really all i need
    Seti@Home Optimized Apps
    Heat
    Quote Originally Posted by aNoN_ View Post
    pretty low score, why not higher? kingpin gets 40k in 3dmark05 and 33k in 06 and 32k in vantage performance...

Power DVD 8 and the latest vlc player

Using WMC for streaming MP3 library.

will have to checkout foobar!

Typhon
    i5-2500k | AsRock P67 Extreme 4 | Palit 560Ti 2GB SLI | 8GB Gskill DDR3_1600 | Crucial M4 128GB | MM-UFO | Corsair tx850w | Win7 x64

Xtreme Member
    Is it weird that i use KMplayer for all HD content and WMP (windows 7) for audio??? (I dont have much flac to listen to!)
    Ryzen 5 7600-Deepcool GammaxxV2-Gigabyte B650M GAMING X AX-16 GB Corsair DDR5-Gigabyte Eagle 6700XT-Corsair RM650-5x Artic Silver 140mms-Carbide 400R-Acer B246WL-FiiO E10/M40x-Fiio K5 Pro/LP6-M5/BLON-3.

Xtreme Addict
    I starting using Foobar when I switched over to Win7 a while ago since VLC had issues. Wow, I really like it. Fantastic for FLAC and it works with my G15

Foobar for music and WMP and VLC for video is really all I need.

Foobar for FLAC
    It's awesome!!!

Forum Policies

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Audio - iTunes
    Video - WMP and VLC when WMP doesn't work

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
    Audio - iTunes
    Video - WMP and VLC when WMP doesn't work
    There's another one I've only been playing with for about a month its called Songbird. MaxPC loves it so I thought why not give it a try, I installed it, tried it for a few days and almost forgot about it. Then around the middle of Nov, I tried it again. Been using it about 60% of the time now.

http://www.getsongbird.com/

We're working on creating a non-proprietary, cross platform, extensible tool that will help enable new ways to playback, manage, and discover music. There are lots of ways to contribute your time to the project. We'd love your help!
    The player is really no big deal but the way other apps interact with it is pretty sweet. I was already using LastFM.com, EAC (edit: Exact Audio Copy) and others. I could have posted it earlier but I hadn't tested it long enough. I have to give newer apps at least a 5 week test run. I have it installed only on Win Vista Ult 64bit. Will give it a shot in Windows 7 Ult 64bit later this week.

Please also note that there are free skins and apps for Windows Media Player. http://customize.org/wmp/skins/34897

Lately WinAMP has been buggy for me and holes for tracking and virus'. I was a long time WinAMP user and I still have Hundred's of tested Skins before I gave up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

NooB MOD
    MPC and Windows Media Player. I'm probably the only person on earth who likes its library
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Oj101 View Post
    MPC and Windows Media Player. I'm probably the only person on earth who likes its library
    No you're not, I like it too!
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Donnie27 View Post
    There's another one I've only been playing with for about a month its called Songbird. MaxPC loves it so I thought why not give it a try, I installed it, tried it for a few days and almost forgot about it. Then around the middle of Nov, I tried it again. Been using it about 60% of the time now.

http://www.getsongbird.com/
    Looks pretty neat, I'll give it a try on my laptop. I'm stuck with iTunes on my main rig because of my iPhone though.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Linchpin View Post
    Looks pretty neat, I'll give it a try on my laptop. I'm stuck with iTunes on my main rig because of my iPhone though.
    I've looked at a couple of iTunes substitutes as well. I have iTunes installed and use it only for my iPhone and nothing much else. Songbird should be able to manage most of the music files, not sure about movies though.

Here's something for you to check out. I'll check this one out later this week myself.

http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager.php

http://download.cnet.com/CopyTrans/3...-10426173.html

This one works but I'm not too impressed.

http://www.podtopc.com/

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123