Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GPUGrid and SLI

WCG Cruncher
    gtx280 sli + vista64 + nvidia 190.62 + bionc 6.10.5 = computation errors

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

WCG Cruncher
    wcg/gpugrid/sli setup = i7 920 + gtx280 sli + vista64 + nvidia 190.62 + bionc 6.10.5

cpu settings at 80% of processors and 80% cpu time. I now have 2 tasks running, each one running on 0.14 cpu and 1.0 gpu; while 8 wcg tasks are running. estimated time for the 2 gpugrid tasks is around 2.5 hours. seems to have fixed the computation errors, should have figured this one out sooner. any advice on these settings? Thanks

Edit: I can tell from watching the cpu/gpu temps the tasks are cycling on and off quite a bit. wcg seems to be active only about 1/2 the time. is this a resource share setting issue? right now wcg and gpugrid are set at 50% each. advice on this setting? Thanks

Edit: estimated time to completion for gpu tasks has risen to 3+ hours. I know these estimates should not be given too much credit, I will wait and see what happens.

Edit: computation errors
    Last edited by Plan.B; 10-11-2009 at 10:34 AM.

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

Xtreme Cruncher
    can you try out 1 vid card out and disconnect the other card to see if it completes a work unit on its own , just curious if you can complete a work unit on 1 card.after try the other card out so we can say its not the vidcards if both work, i know its a pain ars to pull cards with them set up in water cooling but we should rule out the cards first.

WCG Cruncher
    great idea. (hehe duh on me) I will try that and report back. Thanks.

MY GTX 295 works fine on gpu 1 but gpu 2 errors out. GPU 2 worked fine on folding and works fine in games.
    Server: Core I3 530 , 4GB of dd3 1066, GIGABYTE H55M-UD2H, Highpoint Rocketraid 3510 and Areca ARC-1220 with a few arrays totaling 11TB of storage
    Wifes: Phenom 2 940, 4gb of ddr2 1066, 785g mb, PNY 8800 gt, Hitachi 2tb, Coolermaster Cosmos, 2x 22" monitors Windows 7 Pro 64
    HTPC/Gamer: Core I-7 920 @ 3.8, 6gb of ddr3 1600, Gigabyte X58-UD5, MSI GTX 480, Intel 80 GB SSD, SuperTalent 120 GB SSD, Thermaltake DH-103, Windows 7 64 bit 52" JVC(Supporting cast of Jamo speakers and Cambridge Audio Azur 640r receiver)
    Mine: 4x AMD 8356, 16 GB of ddr2 533 ecc, Tyan Thunder S4985G3NR, EVGA GTX 275 FTW, Intel 40 gb SSD, Ubuntu 10.04, Klipsch Promedia 2.1, 27" LG monitor

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by 06F150fx4 View Post
    MY GTX 295 works fine on gpu 1 but gpu 2 errors out. GPU 2 worked fine on folding and works fine in games.
    thats the down side of the 295s on the grid only a few people
    i know of have that same problem as you have its a bug like
    the 260s have but the good news they are aware of it and trying to fix the problem, time will tell,

Xtreme Legend
    Have you tried a later boinc

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

WCG Cruncher
    It looks like 6.10.13 is working.

Xtreme Legend
    Keep us posted on this ...good news though so far

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

WCG Cruncher
    computation errors. the video driver "stops responding" (as per the vista error msg) for a split second, creates the computation error, stops the gpugrid wu. been trying different combos of vid drivers and bionc client. now I must try shadowwind's suggestion of physically 1 card at a time

Xtreme Cruncher
    im hoping that works for you PB, that galaxy PSU you got what is it rated at?
    i had a similar experience with a psu going bad just moving my mouse would cause it to error out, it may sound weird to you but when i changed it out things started working.so im thinking 1 card should work.i got my fingers crossed things will work out.

WCG Cruncher
    its an enermax galaxy 1000W. the cards run fine in 3+ hour overclocked sli gaming sessions. the error usually happens in the first 15 minutes of a wu. I thought it was the bionc screensaver kicking in, disabled all screensavers and power management stuff, not the problem. It's not temps, low volts to the gpu's, or overclocked settings (mobo or vid), tried those. I'll keep digging...

Edit: I keep wondering if there is some kind of throttling going on with the vid cards. I've been researching the cards and looking through rivatuner, can't find anything
    Last edited by Plan.B; 10-22-2009 at 05:12 AM.

WCG Cruncher
    ok. bionc 6.6.41 + nvidia 191.07 + vista64 + 2x gtx280 + sli enabled = over 1 hour of gpugrid crunching with zero errors (while also crunching wcg). since all my previous problems were popping up in the first 15 -20 minutes, I think I got it. wooters

Errors. F*ck it.
    Last edited by Plan.B; 10-27-2009 at 04:59 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123