Thread: ati 5xxx thread close

Xtreme Addict

ati 5xxx thread close

can i ask why this thread was closed? there was a bit of flaming, but it didn't seem out of hand. i just want to know for future reference. thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Banned Movieman...
    maybe the pictures?

it has no info and was played out, alot of news ends up in zombie mode were its just flame bate so its closed or moved to preempt problems
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

I am Xtreme
    Cause of ceevee person I bet.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Xtreme Mentor
    who cares theres some new info coming out now =)
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Addict
    Heh.. I bet the mods are really hating this thread right now. I can visualize a mod literally pulling one's own hair out!

All they're asking, is "why, oh why???!??" Yep, the big "W" question! WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! OoooohWHY, man! WHYIEEE????!!??

--two awesome rigs, wildly customized with
    5.1 Sony speakers, Stereo 3D, UV Tourmaline Confexia, Flame Bl00dr4g3 Fatal1ty
    --SONY GDM-FW900 24" widescreen CRT, overclocked to:
    2560x1600 resolution at 68Hz!(from 2304x1440@80Hz)

Updated List of Video Card GPU Voodoopower Ratings!!!!!

I would say it was closed due to NDA reasons/concerns. You have pictures (poor ones) of the card through a case, and you also have suspected benchmark results.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuchnit View Post
    Why do you always have to bring two sockets into everything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Because a one socket system is only 1/2 a system..
    You got two balls don't you?
    I rest my case!

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Bo_Fox View Post
    Heh.. I bet the mods are really hating this thread right now. I can visualize a mod literally pulling one's own hair out!

All they're asking, is "why, oh why???!??" Yep, the big "W" question! WHYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! OoooohWHY, man! WHYIEEE????!!??
    Why all the whying - You're and addict accept it already!
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Live Long And Overclock

Mods don't lose sleep over things like these m8.

All that is going to happen is, you pm any mod on why that thread was closed and they'll find out who closed it and have them post their reasoning here.

Not to mention, mods don't do anything much anymore It's the admins that do most of the work now

Perkam

Xtreme Addict
    The beauty and fun of XS comes from the heated discussion and specualtion.

If we wanted solid news posting and nothing else then we'd wait and use review sites not a forum.

Bring on the flames I say, admit it, it's what makes months of dull speculation bearable and interesting

If however, the thread was locked for nda issues ...then goodbye, you lost purpose as a site.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post

If we wanted solid news posting and nothing else then we'd wait and use review sites not a forum.

Bring on the flames I say, admit it, it's what makes months of dull speculation bearable and interesting
    personally +1 to that I rather enjoy reading heated argument as long as they dont get too nasty

Banned Movieman...
    those benchmarks aren't using the 5 series. it clearly says the 4870X2 if you look close. i got glasses and can see that. maybe people need their eyes checked.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    those benchmarks aren't using the 5 series. it clearly says the 4870X2 if you look close. i got glasses and can see that. maybe people need their eyes checked.
    It says 4870x2, doesn't mean it is.

Banned Movieman...
    It says 4870x2, doesn't mean it is.
    doesnt mean it isn't either

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by perkam View Post
    Mods don't lose sleep over things like these m8.

All that is going to happen is, you pm any mod on why that thread was closed and they'll find out who closed it and have them post their reasoning here.

Not to mention, mods don't do anything much anymore It's the admins that do most of the work now

Perkam
    Cool! If there's one thing, it's that fanboyism is no longer tolerated here, especially by some of the admins. I also think that fanboyism flaming is ridiculously immature, but we need Movieman back to help maintain diplomacy over here!!! Please come back, Movieman, we need you!!!

If however, the thread was locked for nda issues ...then goodbye, you lost purpose as a site.
    Beautifully said.. beautifully said, Jowy!!! You deserve an award for the most beautiful and reasonable thing said in over a year here! But somebody else went ahead and posted the same pictures on the R5xxx thread that I started. I was wondering if it's because somebody is trying really hard to organize the threads and keep only 1 thread open per subject.

--two awesome rigs, wildly customized with
    5.1 Sony speakers, Stereo 3D, UV Tourmaline Confexia, Flame Bl00dr4g3 Fatal1ty
    --SONY GDM-FW900 24" widescreen CRT, overclocked to:
    2560x1600 resolution at 68Hz!(from 2304x1440@80Hz)

Updated List of Video Card GPU Voodoopower Ratings!!!!!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    personally +1 to that I rather enjoy reading heated argument as long as they dont get too nasty
    it's the fanboi flaming that chaps my @$$
    "i hate x product because i hate x company because they killed my puppy!"

But somebody else went ahead and posted the same pictures on the R5xxx thread that I started. I was wondering if it's because somebody is trying really hard to organize the threads and keep only 1 thread open per subject.
    if they're just trying to keep the forum organized, then i applaud their efforts! but i do remember a time when an admin or mod would post the reason for the thread's closure as the last post in the thread. that helps to keep things transparent and heads cool.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am an artist (EDM producer/DJ), pls check out mah stuff.

Royal Administrator
    The thread begged to be closed for too many reported posts and NDA reasons.