Thread: 3870 + Windows xp = No overclocking..

Xtreme Addict

3870 + Windows xp = No overclocking..

Just did a fresh install on my benchdisk and installed everything i needed. When i started playing around some i discoverd that no program was able to increase the clocks of my sapphire 3870 :S Ive tried with cat 9.5 and 9.8. Ive tried rivatuner, ati tray tool, amd gpu clock, the gpu clock tool fromtechpowerup. None can help me..

Rivatuner just says the drivers arent supported. Amd gpu clock tool detecs the clocks and all but the second i change mem or gpu clock it changes back to stock.... Ati tray tool thinks my gpu and mem is running at 13.5mhz.... The tool from techpowerup detects everything correctly but when i have the clock nothing happends.. The program says its set to ex 800mhz but it reports the core to be at still 770....

How do i do to get this working ? Every program is working against me :O

u have to use the CCC
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    u have to use the CCC
    Well the great part about this is that i cant. My integreted network card just diedon me yesterday so i cant get frame network to my computer so i cant use CCC. How do i increase the limits in CCC if i get it working?

there is no .net framework on CCC like a year and a half ago they changed to the visual c++ distributable and u dont need to be online to install it.

for changing the max clocks unless u volt mod u will not see more than 865 in CCC and most have that or right before that as the cap

and the link
    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
    Last edited by zanzabar; 08-18-2009 at 01:23 AM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by zanzabar View Post
    there is no .net framework on CCC like a year and a half ago they changed to the visual c++ distributable and u dont need to be online to install it.

for changing the max clocks unless u volt mod u will not see more than 865 in CCC and most have that or right before that as the cap

and the link
    http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
    Well.. The 9.8 wanted net framework to work :o

On XP, it still uses the .NET framework. For Vista/7, the driver bundles the VC++ 2005 redistributable.