Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Project] : Lateralus

Xtreme Member
    Honestly I only looked at the thread because of the title (big Tool fan, heck anything Maynard does is awesome, now i just need to try his wine) and then I see the Rush stuff. The Floyd stuff. And the Antec Lanboy that you tried to hide in one pic. Are you my long lost little brother?

Oh, are you going to work in any references to the Fibonacci Sequence in the build or design of the case?

P.S. I almost forgot the love of Bawls. best energy drink there is.
    Dataseed - DFI P35-T2R - Intel E6850 Core2Duo @ 4Ghz - 2GB (2x1024) Geil Black Dragon EVO ONE PC8500@1066Mhz - eVGA 8800 GT Superclocked 650Mhz/950Mhz - 2x Maxtor 75GB 6Y080m0 SATA RAID 0 - 750GB Hitachi Deskstar- Pioneer DVD-RW DVR212D SATA - OCZ GameXStream 700W - Samsung 226BW - Logitech G15 Keyboard - Razer Diamondback - WinXP Home SP2- Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01 Cooling - Danger Den MC-TDX - Danger Den IONE - Swiftech MR320QR - DDC 3.2 w/Petra top - 1/2 Inch Tygon - Zalman ZM-MFC1 Plus Fan Controller

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taowulf View Post
    Honestly I only looked at the thread because of the title (big Tool fan, heck anything Maynard does is awesome, now i just need to try his wine) and then I see the Rush stuff. The Floyd stuff. And the Antec Lanboy that you tried to hide in one pic. Are you my long lost little brother?

Oh, are you going to work in any references to the Fibonacci Sequence in the build or design of the case?

P.S. I almost forgot the love of Bawls. best energy drink there is.
    It's really funny you mention working in some secret code. I was trying to think of ways I could do that on the way home... Like sleeving my cables 1,1,2,3,5... Haha. I dunno. Maybe I'll come up with something

Also, That lanboy at one point looked pretty bad ass until the ultra PSU decided to die...

O yyeeaaahhh!

That thing is pretty old now... I just realized I'm still using the same mousepad... Holy crap I'm adding a mousepad to the order list. lol!

[Project] Lateralus
    ------------------
    Intel i7 920 DO @4.2gz /H20
    EVGA Classified 760 /H20
    EVGA GTX275 715/1600 /H20
    6gb Corsair Dominator CL7
    Auzentech X-fi Forte
    Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    WD Black 1TB
    Corsair 1000HX
    Custom Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Member
    Alright, decided to order some stuff that I can start working on. I had enough money to feel safe ordering this and still being left with plenty for the semester. This will be it until then though for buying stuff I believe . Enjoy.

oooooooooo

aaahhhhhhhhh

I can't believe I just spent 1,000$ on three components. Seems crazy :|. I need less expensive hobbies.
    Last edited by Armitage; 08-17-2009 at 07:29 PM.

[Project] Lateralus
    ------------------
    EVGA Classified 760 /H20
    Auzentech X-fi Forte
    Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    WD Black 1TB
    Corsair 1000HX
    Custom Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Member
    hey yo whats up your rigs look neat.BTW I live in FL and attending SCF Computer Science then USF BSIT after that and I will post my HAF soon so stay tuned for that.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Armitage View Post
    I can't believe I just spent 1,000$ on three components. Seems crazy :|. I need less expensive hobbies.
    We always say that; funny how it never really follows through... (I've decided to treat my bank account like a golf score. lower the better oh wait, you're not allowed to go negative in this game)

Excellent work log so far cant wait to start mine, after i pay my visa off a little, my build will be similar to yours , except im using the haf 932 and 2 xtc 3*120 and 2 285gtx

Xtreme Member
    Alright guys, sorry for the delay. First week of class + Lots of stuff to do around the office with a lot of new grad students and what not. I have been completely busy. Barely anytime to worry about this. Here is a little update for fun, hope you enjoy.

The office, where most of the building will be done

28 TB's... I think I'm going to need a bigger case

Sold these guys that were sitting in storage to partially fund this build and pay for college. That happened last week :P

Oh that's not my build... But it is 16 sata cables, and 2 processors and a motherboard I have to replace... sigh

some...

...teasing . I havn't even opened this stuff yet, that's how busy I have been. It's actually quite sad

Here is the plan guys. I hope to tomorrow open up the TJ07 and start getting some cuts layed out. Then take it to powder coating soon, although I may wait until I order everything else. Hopefully my sleeving kit will be here tomorrow.

As for an update on ordering everything else, if all goes to budget (My tuition was more then expected). I will be ordering everything on Friday, wish me luck!

[Project] Lateralus
    ------------------
    EVGA Classified 760 /H20
    Auzentech X-fi Forte
    Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    WD Black 1TB
    Corsair 1000HX
    Custom Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Member
    Finally, some actual work on the build. Sorry for the delay!

I'll just start with the pictures, all I had time for today was to take apart the case and get ready for some cutting. I havn't decided if I'm going to take it to the powder coating place now, or after I order everything else. I'm thinking of taking it now, then going later with whatever else I find that I will be powdercoating.

Freshly opened box!

but wait... a closer look

Who is this! O, everyone - this is lego R2-D2. He will be helping on through the journey

I have to say the packaging for this case is superb.

It's sexy even in plastic :P

So sexy that I forgot to take a picture without the plastic on... Lol O well, these pics will do.

This case is in a league of its own for quality.

He's so cute

Taking the mobo tray out.

I'm up here!

Nope, nope I'm over here!

Looking good.

R2 was having a hard time controlling himself in front of this naked hardware.

This case is much more then I expected, and this made me realize why it's in a totally different price tier.

Going to build me a pod racer after this

Prepping for some cuts

The side 5.25 drive bay, so I have room for some cables in there

Most of these are just rough ideas of where to cut, my machine guy will do a much better job - these are just the "where"

Getting those grills off is a pain in the butt.

All done for today.

I have a lot of the parts separated into white and black for powder coating.

Hope you enjoyed. I am exhausted from this week. Hopefully ordering everything saturday or monday

[Project] Lateralus
    ------------------
    EVGA Classified 760 /H20
    Auzentech X-fi Forte
    Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    WD Black 1TB
    Corsair 1000HX
    Custom Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Addict
    Very nice mate.

Keep at it!

Xtreme Member
    Case is looking good... can't wait to see how the powedercoating turns out.

What did you plan to powdercoat white or black if you don't mind me asking.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yeys, looks really good! Can't get enough of that wonderful ... masking tape

Hehe, lil R2 hiding in the pictures :P
    [Project] : Altair | A Lian-Li PC-P80, dual loop, all internal build. Written as a tutorial for any newcomers

Hardware
    Core i7 920 D0 | 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz CL8 RAM | 2x EVGA GTX 285 SLI | ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | ASUS Xonar D2X
    2x Intel X-25M SSD | Corsair HX-1000W | Lian-Li PC-P80 | Dell 3008WFP 30"

Watercooling Gear (Dual Loop)
    Koolance 350AT (CPU Loop) | 2x Koolance VID-NX285 (GPU Loop) | 2x Laing DDC 3.2 / XSPC Acrylic top Rev. 3 | 2x EK Multioption 150 Res Ver. 2 | 2x Thermochill PA 120.3 |
    6x Scythe S-Flex 1200 RPM Fans | 7/16" Primochill Pro Green LRT | 7/16" Primochill Pro Blue LRT | B.P. Silver Shiny 1\2" Barbs | Alphacool Ball Valve / B.P. M-M Rotary fill-port / drain | Bitspower Black Freezer AIX58NS NB/SB (GPU Loop)| Black Freezer MOS AMOSII POM Version (GPU Loop)| Bitspower Black Freezer MOS AMOSIII POM Version (GPU Loop)

Armitage...its looking good so far...really enjoy your worklog ... subscribed

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twwen2 View Post
    Very nice mate.

Keep at it!
    Thanks bud.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm804 View Post
    Case is looking good... can't wait to see how the powedercoating turns out.

What did you plan to powdercoat white or black if you don't mind me asking.
    Outside will be white, with the inside black

Quote Originally Posted by eponymous View Post
    Yeys, looks really good! Can't get enough of that wonderful ... masking tape

Hehe, lil R2 hiding in the pictures :P
    I got some sticky masking tape too, it was good times getting it stuck to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by bullydog View Post
    Armitage...its looking good so far...really enjoy your worklog ... subscribed
    Me too

Quote Originally Posted by dingdong555 View Post
    Fantastic pictures! Loving it man.
    Thanks bud.

Small update. I will hopefully have some more pictures tonight, but this project may really slow down depending on what I find out today. Somehow part of my scholarship just disappeared and isn't being offered to me suddenly. So I may have to pay for more then i thought for school sadly
    Lets hope it's just a glitch because it just happened today, I'm going over there to find out.

[Project] Lateralus
    ------------------
    EVGA Classified 760 /H20
    Auzentech X-fi Forte
    Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    WD Black 1TB
    Corsair 1000HX
    Custom Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Guru
    That sucks dude. I know the joys of paying for college all too well and the joys of the financial aid office screwing things up.

Hope you get it fix. I like the mascot and look forward to more.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Shame you sold your drums

Mine are at my parents house 'cause I'm living in an apartment now :P
    [Project] : Altair | A Lian-Li PC-P80, dual loop, all internal build. Written as a tutorial for any newcomers

Hardware
    Core i7 920 D0 | 12GB Corsair Dominator 1600MHz CL8 RAM | 2x EVGA GTX 285 SLI | ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 | ASUS Xonar D2X
    2x Intel X-25M SSD | Corsair HX-1000W | Lian-Li PC-P80 | Dell 3008WFP 30"

Watercooling Gear (Dual Loop)
    Koolance 350AT (CPU Loop) | 2x Koolance VID-NX285 (GPU Loop) | 2x Laing DDC 3.2 / XSPC Acrylic top Rev. 3 | 2x EK Multioption 150 Res Ver. 2 | 2x Thermochill PA 120.3 |
    6x Scythe S-Flex 1200 RPM Fans | 7/16" Primochill Pro Green LRT | 7/16" Primochill Pro Blue LRT | B.P. Silver Shiny 1\2" Barbs | Alphacool Ball Valve / B.P. M-M Rotary fill-port / drain | Bitspower Black Freezer AIX58NS NB/SB (GPU Loop)| Black Freezer MOS AMOSII POM Version (GPU Loop)| Bitspower Black Freezer MOS AMOSIII POM Version (GPU Loop)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post
    That sucks dude. I know the joys of paying for college all too well and the joys of the financial aid office screwing things up.

Thanks MT. Looks like I got it fixed, so I will be ordering most of the components tomorrow. I will be ordering the watercooling stuff next week when I know for sure I have that missing money

Quote Originally Posted by eponymous View Post
    Shame you sold your drums

Mine are at my parents house 'cause I'm living in an apartment now :P
    No worries. They were in storage forever because I have no room to set them up.

Small update

I gave the pieces to be cut to my machine guy at the office. Should easily be done on monday. Decided not to cut the 5.25 bay side.

Also : For anyone who has gotten their TJ07 Powder coated. How does it effect the screw holes. Especially the ones in the main shell of the case. Where the bays attach too etc. Should I cover them somehow?

edit* - These damn intel drives keep selling out and going up in price... sigh
    Last edited by Armitage; 08-28-2009 at 06:57 PM.

[Project] Lateralus
    ------------------
    EVGA Classified 760 /H20
    Auzentech X-fi Forte
    Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    WD Black 1TB
    Corsair 1000HX
    Custom Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Member
    Good to see everthing is back on track....

I was waiting for those Intel SSD's to come back in stock also....hate it how these etailer's are marking them up also.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by millertime359 View Post

Yea paying for school sux. Just got my student loans paid off. And luckily my work is paying for my masters I hope everything works out with the finaid so you can keep your build going!

I was waiting for those Intel SSD's to come back in stock also....hate it how these etailer's are marking them up also.
    Yea what a load of BS. I just saw that newegg now has them listed at 280, instead of 229 where they started the day... I guess I'll just wait a couple months to get mine.
    Main PC
    i7 3770k
    Asus P8Z77-Deluxe
    4x4 GB Gskill Sniper
    Sandisk Extreme 240 GB
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    Coolermaster ATCS 840
    MCP35X - Apogee Drive II - MCR320

HTPC
    i7 920
    Gigabyte EX58 UD5
    Sapphire 5670
    3x2 GB OCZ Platinum @ 7-7-7-20
    Corsair HX-650
    Silverstone LC10
    Intel X25-M G2

Xtreme Enthusiast
    nice, subscribed
    Worklog: Project Black Copper
    Lian Li PC-P80 | Thermochill PA140.3 | Noiseblocker fans | mdpc-x stuff

Xtreme Member

Same, it's kind of a pain. I don't really know what I'm going to do now, either buy the old one. Or hold off on buying it until after the build is done.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_kai View Post
    Yea paying for school sux. Just got my student loans paid off. And luckily my work is paying for my masters I hope everything works out with the finaid so you can keep your build going!

Yea what a load of BS. I just saw that newegg now has them listed at 280, instead of 229 where they started the day... I guess I'll just wait a couple months to get mine.
    Thanks mate, Doing my best to not spend everything I have I'm pretty good at that though. Thankfully my stocks keep going up, so my savings just keeps rising =]

Quote Originally Posted by aka_GK View Post
    nice, subscribed
    Appreciate it

Update!

Look what I got in the mail today. (Sorry for the crappy shots, my house has no light)

Deutsche Post... Hmm, what could this be...

oooo <3

Don't want to mess up the nice packaging

Lots of fun right there!

This will be my first sleeving job ever. So wish me luck. I may go in tonight or tomorrow and do some work =]

For now, It's time to ride my bike

[Project] Lateralus
    ------------------
    EVGA Classified 760 /H20
    Auzentech X-fi Forte
    Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    WD Black 1TB
    Corsair 1000HX
    Custom Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Enthusiast
    same package - same fun

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by aka_GK View Post
    same package - same fun
    Oh it was fun alright.

So, this is my first sleeving experience. And let me say, holy crap it took a lot longer then I expected. 7 hours just to do the 24pin >.<. I mean, after I got the hang of it - it wasn't too bad. I could probably do it in 3 or 4 now. But my fingers really hurt. It also didn't come out perfect But can't expect it to my first time around. A lot of the pins that had double wires in them screwed me up. I also had a hard time getting them out of the ATX connector, until i used staples (Thats the key). While I did cut the same length heat shrink for every connector, it definitely didn't come out that way. I ran into problems with cables that wouldn't fit back in - it was a pain in the ass. I know for next time though, but I think they turned out "okay".

Da Boxx.

What was inside

First task, remove that sleeving.

4 Minutes into removing the sleeving... I realize, I should probably make sure this thing works first. It did (i think)

It's like snake skin.

Almost there !

Hope snipping the extra connectors for the 6/8 pin doesn't void my warranty. I couldn't figure out what to do with them when I sleeve them... So I just cut em off. There's plenty more in the bag if I ever actually need them

All removed.

Used some electrical tape at first. Then heat shrinked the ends when I was finally done.

After what Seemed like an hour, I finally got one cable removed :P

R2 Labled em for me

Little organizing.

omg progress... It took FOREVER

All Sleeved up.

About to jumbo shrink the ends.

So pretty

Shrinked! Hopefully going to push the colors back into the psu a bit.

Almost time for the plastic

It works. Thank jesus, Allah, the holy grail, grandma's cookin - It worked!

7 hours >.< . Words cannot describe.

If you can't notice, there is white electrical tape under the first 5 inches or so of each wire. Like I said, it's not perfect. But I did my best, and got better at it as time went along.

Enjoy guys. Ill be sleeving more his week, on easier stuff of course

ps. sorry I don't have a nice studio setup for some of this stuff, but everyone here has seen that stuff before. Hope you can still enjoy it
    Last edited by Armitage; 08-30-2009 at 07:26 PM.

[Project] Lateralus
    ------------------
    EVGA Classified 760 /H20
    Auzentech X-fi Forte
    Intel X25-M G2 80gb
    WD Black 1TB
    Corsair 1000HX
    Custom Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Armitage, yeah that was hard
    don't be in a rush and keep it up
    Last edited by aka_GK; 08-30-2009 at 08:31 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice job Armitage, keep at it!

Some small comments:

-I find worklogs flow better if captions precede photos. Sure there's no standardized format to follow (that would be boring) but I feel it is easier to "prime" myself for what I'm about to see, rather than looking at a photo then scrolling down to see what's so significant about it. IM-humble-O of course.

-After chopping the excess wiring I think (I could be wrong) the warranty is null anyway. You might as well open her up and terminate them inside the PSU casing. That also frees up precious bore space which you could use to push the sleeved wiring in a bit, enough so there's less bare wire showing.

Good luck!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast