Thread: Liquid cooling RAM And CPU

Liquid cooling RAM And CPU

Ok guys, Im looking at buying some OCZ Flex EX Pc2-9600's 4gb which has liquid cooling capabilities...as well as im looking at upgrading my CPU to a Q9550, I was looking at some liquid cooling solutions for my ram and CPU becuase im looking at OC's both... sugestions please be under $200(AUS).
    PS Thats The best DDR2 RAM i can buy in AUS, i Know that G.Skill 1200 pi's are the best but i hav looked evry where and got NOTHING.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodangel27 View Post
    Ok guys, Im looking at buying some OCZ Flex EX Pc2-9600's 4gb which has liquid cooling capabilities...as well as im looking at upgrading my CPU to a Q9550, I was looking at some liquid cooling solutions for my ram and CPU becuase im looking at OC's both... sugestions please be under $200(AUS).
    PS Thats The best DDR2 RAM i can buy in AUS, i Know that G.Skill 1200 pi's are the best but i hav looked evry where and got NOTHING.
    Don't worry about WC the ram it's not needed. Corsair makes a Dominator triple fan that blows on the ram and that's plenty. I use the Dominator ram itself with the dominator fan and my ddr3 1600 ram is easily OC over 2000.

As far as the CPU WB Swiftech Apogee GTZ is very popular. I'm an AMD guy and I run the enzotech luna which i've got great results from, it's LGA 775 compatible also.

Xtreme Member
    isn't the inside of the flex aluminum too? you'll have problems with corrosion if you use copper anywhere in your loop..

Xtreme Member
    As @ScottyPimpin mentioned it here, you can barely see who using the watercooling with their rams on these days. People prefer to use the air cooling on them.

Some of Alternatives below;

- CORSAIR CMXAF1 Fans
    - Corsair CMXAF2
    - OCZ XTC
    - Arctic RC Turbo
    Extreme ways I know will part the colors of my sea, perfect color me | Arthur's WC Worklog with Lian Li PC-9

Xtreme Guru
    The ram blocks that are out there also seem to be real flow killers. I have that Corsair fan too and it isn't very loud at all. If you are really worried, Enzotech makes some aftermarket heatsinks for the ram if you get a set that doesn't have the big heatsinks already.

HK 3.0 LT is a great block and isn't too pricey. The EK Supreme LT is also a great block and is a little cheaper that the HK and GTZ. The HK and EK don't include a backplate, so I would suggest getting one too. The GTZ does include everything you need and is the most direct to install.
    Project Millertime: The Core I5 build

Crunching/folding box on air: AMD Athlon X2 7750 Black Edition; Sapphire Radeon HD 4830; Gigabyte MA78GM-US2H; Lian Li PC-V351; Windows 7 RC