Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Count Down to #1 - Join us!

I am Addicted!
    did I already mention that I do not know what patience is

buy now with the deals, and continue to buy when the new deals come towards the end of the year, thats my philosophy. one can never keep up and prices will always continue to drop no matter when you buy.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I hear ya on that i just bought 2 more GTX 260s so im gearing up a little. im trying to phase out my gts 250s so that will give me a total of 7 gtx 260s
    and i hope those 2 cards will work on the grid from what i can see it is luck of the draw with those cards for the gpugrid. but they can fold so they wont go to waste.:up

i may need to get ear plugs my wife can get loud but im evil and still plotting the take over of the #1 spot.
    Last edited by shadowwind; 08-17-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: after thought

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    did I already mention that I do not know what patience is

buy now with the deals, and continue to buy when the new deals come towards the end of the year, thats my philosophy. one can never keep up and prices will always continue to drop no matter when you buy.---> <---

hmmm mood swings, yeah you need to buy something, fast!

Xtreme Cruncher
    #9 today #8 very soon!

I am Addicted!
    Damn we should have started when we were first invited to the team a long time ago. Some of the teams have a huge head start on us, but we are steadily climbing!

Also glad to see that we are continuing to build up the team and including members adding more cards daily!...or at least weekly

Da Goose
    Da Goosey wants to fly with a larger flock. Let's keep recruiting. BTW, MikeB12 is responsible for Da Goosey coming over to this team, so Blame him for any Goose droppings...

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Attack Dachshund
    Quote Originally Posted by DAK1640 View Post
    Da Goosey wants to fly with a larger flock. Let's keep recruiting. BTW, MikeB12 is responsible for Da Goosey coming over to this team, so Blame him for any Goose droppings...
    I'm outnumbered! I tellya!

Iron Within Iron Without
    My Czech coleagues ed the living electrons out of my nucleoid brain grid for this
    Sony PS3 | Nintendo Wii + Nintendo Wii Fit

By Mercedes - Adventure Trips around Middle Europe in a Youngtimer | https://www.facebook.com/S.Mercedesem - Like Us, if you Like us that is

Da Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondik View Post
    My Czech coleagues ed the living electrons out of my nucleoid brain grid for this

i7-860 Farm with nVidia GPU's

Iron Within Iron Without
    Gramps give me please phone no on your children, we have to discuss which rest home we will pick up for you.

By Mercedes - Adventure Trips around Middle Europe in a Youngtimer | https://www.facebook.com/S.Mercedesem - Like Us, if you Like us that is

Xtreme Cruncher
    Ya gotta be careful with da Goose. He may not do what ya want. He is kinda twicky...
    Even his numbers can sneak up on ya.

Iron Within Iron Without
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaGeek View Post
    Ya gotta be careful with da Goose. He may not do what ya want. He is kinda twicky...
    Even his numbers can sneak up on ya.
    Back in the 16th century we used to temper steel in the slaves, most of them were still alive so

He can't steal anything from me and I belive after several glases of vodka he won't be able to distinquish if it's a vodka od kondik backbreaker poison mix

+ I'm fairly sure he won't be able to catch me

Xtreme Cruncher
    XS GPUGrid Team is NOW #8

of the Strawhat crew.
    That was quick. Good job everyone.

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I joined the team, I wanna see what my humble little 295 can do. Now to just figure out how to make it use both cores...

Xtreme Legend
    try using 190.xx drivers and turning sli on...(I don't have 295 this is just what I heard)

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Iron Within Iron Without
    Yup as OC said, SLI + 190.38 works as charm.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Guess I should have stated, I'm on x64 Linux.

Xtreme Cruncher
    k i have not tried it on linux yet so my best guess is to check the gpugrid forums they have a linux setup section and to the team pwolfe.

Back from the Dead
    Is it worth updating to 190.38 for a GTX 260? I still got one running on the team, even tho the heat is killing me with all the CPUs burning and 35C ambients...
    World Community Grid - come join a great team and help us fight for a better tomorrow![size=1]

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by pwolfe View Post
    I joined the team, I wanna see what my humble little 295 can do. Now to just figure out how to make it use both cores...

I am Addicted!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaGeek View Post
    +1 @pwolfe

I cannot help you at this time on this, but I hope you can find your answers.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    +1 @pwolfe

I cannot help you at this time on this, but I hope you can find your answers.
    Thanks; all my research suggests I just need to wait until the 190 drivers mature a bit more for Linux. I'll be sure to make a new thread if I come across anything post worthy.

Xtreme Cruncher
    We are on the move and gaining momentum! In spite of all the problems members have had getting it up, er I mean with drivers and KVM switches and running multi-GPU setups we continue to dominate the daily points and are building momentum.

On 8-15, a mere 2 weeks ago, we were #10 and had 789 days to overtake the #2 team. We are now #8 and are 612 days to overtake team #2. #3 was 120 days now 90. In 14 days we not only gained 2 places in the charts we reduced our #2 take over by 177 days and #3 by 30 days.

We are Xtreme and soon will be #1.

Refer to the 1st post in this thread to compare charts and numbers.

WCG Cruncher
    Very nice. Great work team! I've been down for a week or so whilst I build an i7 SLI rig. I just bought a second gtx280, should be here next week, so I hope to start turning in some more WU's soon.

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast