Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Count Down to #1 - Join us!

Xtreme Cruncher

Count Down to #1 - Join us!

We are on our way to the #1 GPUGrid Team. I posted the charts so non-team members can see how fast this team is going. On July 14 we were #24 now we are #10. . As we are still building up steam, members adding new GPUs and new members joining, we will over take the #3 and #2 position much sooner than the charts show. We average 28 members turning in work and 27k per member. While #1 has alot of points we are matching them some days on points and some days turn in much more.

Help us get to #1!

WCG Cruncher
    wow. if those numbers are consistent we will definitely be moving up. time for me for to find an affordable gtx2xx

Distributed Computing: Making the world a better place, one work-unit at a time.

http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/index.jsp

Xtreme Cruncher
    if we can get some help from the forum members for a week or 2 it will help us out a lot to cut the time frame down any help would be appreciated.To help us get to are goal to the #1 spot.

of the Strawhat crew.
    I'm givin-er all she's got captain!

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

Iron Within Iron Without
    Ooh our local Rebels are 9th ?

Well then

LETS STEAMROLL THEM

---->
    Sony PS3 | Nintendo Wii + Nintendo Wii Fit

By Mercedes - Adventure Trips around Middle Europe in a Youngtimer | https://www.facebook.com/S.Mercedesem - Like Us, if you Like us that is

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Kondik View Post
    Ooh our local Rebels are 9th ?

Well then

LETS STEAMROLL THEM

---->
    kondik and thanks for joining the team we need all the help we can get.

Iron Within Iron Without
    I've betrayed my F@H brothers, if they find it out I'll be gutted.

Pretty much like this
    And there is nothing extreme with me just two GTX 285's and one Nehalem on 4 GHz's that Shreds for WCG
    Last edited by Kondik; 08-15-2009 at 11:26 AM.

By Mercedes - Adventure Trips around Middle Europe in a Youngtimer | https://www.facebook.com/S.Mercedesem - Like Us, if you Like us that is

Xtreme Cruncher
    i guess i did all so but i cant run F@H with all the heat my vid cards was pushing out the back of the computers so whenit gets cooler im going to put 3 cards back on folding and 4 cards will stay on the grid for now.
    Last edited by shadowwind; 08-15-2009 at 11:35 AM.

Iron Within Iron Without
    Well I don't care it's 5 degrees difference between FAH and GPUGRID for me , the GTX coolers with my MX2 Thermal compoud are well even in these heat's and the CPU is in max 7's but that's to be suspected form a 4 GHz 8 threader.
    Pretty much nor I care, I breaks I buy a new one. But I had some issues running both GPU clients without checking them so I became lazy and found this an alternative, and it's easy to set up ... click one button and go the best solution for lazy farts as I am.
    No flags here no flags there just smoooooth onebuttoning.

But I usually work 12 hours a day max, SLI on -> Gaming / HD movies etc etc, -> Bed -> GRID + CRUNCH up

Xtreme Cruncher
    good thing your cards are gtx 285 if they was gtx 260s they might present a problem the 3 cards im holding back are gtx260s i was only able to get one to work in the grid if they fix the problem with the cards throttling down to 2D i will turn that computer back on, but i did lower the electricity bill down some with it off so it keeps the wife happy for now till i turn it back on

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well I don't care it's 5 degrees difference between FAH and GPUGRID for me , the GTX coolers with my MX2 Thermal compoud are well even in these heat's and the CPU is in max 7's but that's to be suspected form a 4 GHz 8 threader.
    Pretty much nor I care, I breaks I buy a new one. But I had some issues running both GPU clients without checking them so I became lazy and found this an alternative, and it's easy to set up ... click one button and go the best solution for lazy farts as I am.
    No flags here no flags there just smoooooth onebuttoning.

But I usually work 12 hours a day max, SLI on -> Gaming / HD movies etc etc, -> Bed -> GRID + CRUNCH up

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwind View Post
    if we can get some help from the forum members for a week or 2 it will help us out a lot to cut the time frame down any help would be appreciated.To help us get to are goal to the #1 spot.
    That might help as I know when the weather cools we will loose some GPUS as they will go back to F@H. Hopefully we can make good progress and then keep enough to maintain enough GPUS/points to continue to progress.

That is IF GPUGrid can keep up with US!

Xtreme Cruncher
    i guess your right poppa but 4 of my cards are staying here in the gpugrid now the problem will be what is going to happen with WCG will it be a combo of cpu and gpu or all gpu that is the million dollar ?????

I am Addicted!
    you guys betrayed me J/K

I betrayed myself last night. I moved 3 GTX 275's over for a total of 6 GTX 275's now! I should be averaging approx 95k ppd if not more with these cards.

I now only have 1 gtx 275 and a 9800gt for F@H.

I am glad to see that we are moving along nicely; its just a matter of time till we hit #1

Once I get to a comfortable level on the grid I will probably split up my cards again between the grid and F@H, and hope too slowly add more. I currently have 3 more empty slots to fill in my rigs till its time to add another rig, but I might get 1 more card and possibly add another rig by the years end to add more to WCG as well.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their dedication to the team too ....THANKS EVERYONE!

now lets get more gpus on the team
    only time will tell

Iron Within Iron Without
    Quote Originally Posted by INFRNL View Post
    you guys betrayed me J/K

I betrayed myself last night. I moved 3 GTX 275's over for a total of 6 GTX 275's now! I should be averaging approx 95k ppd if not more with these cards.

I now only have 1 gtx 275 and a 9800gt for F@H.

I am glad to see that we are moving along nicely; its just a matter of time till we hit #1

Once I get to a comfortable level on the grid I will probably split up my cards again between the grid and F@H, and hope too slowly add more. I currently have 3 more empty slots to fill in my rigs till its time to add another rig, but I might get 1 more card and possibly add another rig by the years end to add more to WCG as well.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their dedication to the team too ....THANKS EVERYONE!

now lets get more gpus on the team
    only time will tell
    You will make Vijay Pande cry, are you aware of that and are you able to bear the consequences ?

I am Addicted!
    ^^^ I think I can accept that to help this team get to #1 faster!

I have a plan, lets just hope it works...ok plan is not quite finalized

Xtreme Cruncher
    You will make Vijay Pande cry, are you aware of that and are you able to bear the consequences ?

having 5 petaflops should be enough for him. other scientists need supercomputing too.
    HPC will be one of the pillars of medical research in the future so we need to get some decent competitors(computing power wise) against f@h.

Did anyone saw DAK ? I need to the living atoms out of him for the betrayal !
    you hipocrite
    Last edited by Chumbucket843; 08-16-2009 at 07:19 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Awesome job guys. If I get my other computer built I will definitely have either this main rig on GPUgrid or I will put the new one on and leave this one on F@h.

Again congrats guys on the great work and GET TO NUMBER 1
    ~ Little Slice of Heaven ~
    Lian Li PC-A05NB w/ Gentle Typhoons
    Core i7 860 @ 3gHz w/ Thor's Hammer
    eVGA P55 SLI
    8GB RAM
    Gigabyte 7970
    Corsair HX850
    OZC Vertex3 SSD 240GB

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Xtreme Cruncher
    ^^^ I think I can accept that to help this team get to #1 faster!

I have a plan, lets just hope it works...ok plan is not quite finalized
    It is an EVIL Plan right? It has to be an EVIL Plan. OK? E V I L.

I love Evil Plans.

of the Strawhat crew.
    0.49 days till we mow down the #9 spot!

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

I am Addicted!
    Quote Originally Posted by PoppaGeek View Post
    It is an EVIL Plan right? It has to be an EVIL Plan. OK? E V I L.

I love Evil Plans.
    of course

Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    0.49 days till we mow down the #9 spot!
    Nice more GPU's guys, more GPU's, thats all I can say

Can't wait till the GTX 300 series comes ...damn time to save more $$$, too many EVIL plans right now, dammit

Xtreme Cruncher
    of course

Nice more GPU's guys, more GPU's, thats all I can say

Can't wait till the GTX 300 series comes ...damn time to save more $$$, too many EVIL plans right now, dammit
    That's what I'm thinking. Start getting 2.5 GFLOPS/Card...

Xtreme Cruncher
    This is really a bad time to buy a CPU or GPU with AMD and ATI releasing new CPUS and GPUS in Sept. Prices should drop nicely on the existing stuff pretty soon after the new stuff hits the market.

Patience. I hate that word.

Xtreme Cruncher
    This is really a bad time to buy a CPU or GPU with AMD and ATI releasing new CPUS and GPUS in Sept. Prices should drop nicely on the existing stuff pretty soon after the new stuff hits the market.

Sounds to me like there's a christmas build coming...

Xtreme Cruncher

patience is a good thing istanbul may come down in price by January maybe in January the GTX 275 will be 150,99 a card. so bring on the GTX 300 so i can get a price drop plz, it nice to dream

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast