Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [Review] Indigo Xtreme vs. AS5, MX-2, IC Diamond, Shin-Etsu X23-7783D

Xtreme Guru
    I have to note that different color of IHS because of LM diffusion into surfaces will not affect thermal performance in any way and does not need cleaning. So yes, to get that completely off one needs sanding, which will remove info printed on IHS, question is - is it needed to do at all? That surface is hidden all the time, no-one sees it and about the only time looks of it matters - when one is selling that cpu or cooler or wb. I doubt that selling old cpus or cooling hardware can net anyone big enough money to care as much about that.

Xtreme Addict
    hey vapor, in the next review, could you post pics of how much tim you put like this?
    I remember you saying that more tim=better for mx-3, though results weren't conclusive due to time constraints. Could you take a picture of this "1cm blob?"
    It would help make it a bit more understandable.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    Just as bad as Liquid Pro then?

CLP, CLU, and CLMP were all on the board for last to be tested, will be interesting to see if they're even viable for a multi-mount test like other TIMs are. IC Diamond erased my IHS last time too

Rasa and Black Sun block tests are on the board currently, then revisiting Koolance CPU-360 Midplate testing, then this TIM review kicks off
    Pretty much...well, somewhat better, but not good still. I do not understand why they cannot make it so that it removes easier. IX has a very nice formula clearly since their stuff just peels with no residue for me. I had the exact same experience as you with IC Diamond as well. I used it on a naked GPU die and when I wiped it off the die looked like I rubbed sand all over it.

A big IMHO. The performance is good, but the cleaning sucks

Quote Originally Posted by churchy View Post
    I have to note that different color of IHS because of LM diffusion into surfaces will not affect thermal performance in any way and does not need cleaning. So yes, to get that completely off one needs sanding, which will remove info printed on IHS, question is - is it needed to do at all? That surface is hidden all the time, no-one sees it and about the only time looks of it matters - when one is selling that cpu or cooler or wb. I doubt that selling old cpus or cooling hardware can net anyone big enough money to care as much about that.
    Yes, but if you need to RMA good luck getting a replacement if the CLP/CLU is all over the IHS.

I did find a good way to use it though...it works well on naked dies Cleans easy and it provides better temps than the TIMs I tested against CLU.
    Last edited by dejanh; 07-29-2010 at 05:52 PM.

Question

noob question...

Now I use IC Diamond (btw quite hard to apply, I had to warmup tube in boiled water... then could spread TIM much easier...)

but I want to try MX-2/3 , and here is my quest. how do you apply it ? Do I have to squeeze ~1cm bead and simply press my waterblock or do I have to spread it thinly across my cpu ???
    Core i7 i920 @4.4Ghz (BCLK209x21) @ 1.39v 24/7 | H2O
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme X58
    G.Skill Pi Black 3x2GB @1659Mhz 1.65v
    SSD Vertex 120GB & Intel G2 80GB & HDD WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Logitech Illuminated & G500 & Steelseries 5L
    Dell 2209WA

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SwIeRsZcZ View Post
    noob question...

Now I use IC Diamond (btw quite hard to apply, I had to warmup tube in boiled water... then could spread TIM much easier...)

but I want to try MX-2/3 , and here is my quest. how do you apply it ? Do I have to squeeze ~1cm bead and simply press my waterblock or do I have to spread it thinly across my cpu ???
    Just press your waterblock down on a bead of TIM, its the same for any TIM in syringe form.

OK, one more.... I have heared that some people, rotate the whole waterblock/cooler to make sure that the paste is spread evenly and no air is trapped in between ? ;/
    Last edited by SwIeRsZcZ; 08-17-2010 at 06:42 AM.
    Core i7 i920 @4.4Ghz (BCLK209x21) @ 1.39v 24/7 | H2O
    Asus Rampage 2 Extreme X58
    G.Skill Pi Black 3x2GB @1659Mhz 1.65v
    SSD Vertex 120GB & Intel G2 80GB & HDD WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Logitech Illuminated & G500 & Steelseries 5L
    Dell 2209WA

So being the over anxious bum I didn't install IX after Windows install and whatnot. So did I just loose $10 down the drain?

Edit: So anyways I just took a stab at reflow and after letting it sit at 90C for 5mins the idle temps of a stock i7 920 is in the 60's. Fail on my part?
    Last edited by Dar_T; 08-18-2010 at 08:11 AM.

Hello all:

I received a sample of the Indigo Xtreme (IX) - ETI from Enerdyne Solutions. I read some of the info here on this forum and the last comment that Dar_T just posted and I wanted to share this to Dar first then tell our story on what this ETI did for us. Hey Dar, just call Enerdyne's main number on there website (www.indigo-xtreme.com) and ask for Chris Macris. If the answering machine comes on leave a detailed message for him and he WILL call you back. In fact here's his email: Chris Macris <chris@enerdynesolutions.com> and you can tell him what you just posted here and ask him to call you.

You know, we test out quite a few products, and quite honestly we weren't expecting much with the IX ETI. MAN!!! Were we mistaken. All we have to say is proof is in viewing the results and in the video link that I provided that's exactly what you're going to see -- RESULTS !!!!! Hopefully at the end of this video you're going to make the same decision that we did. This is truly the NEW KING of THERMAL COMPOUNDS !!! For anyone overclocking your processors there is simply no better product on the market - THIS IS A MUST BUY !!!!! We hope you like this review as much as we did and would appreciate any feedback you have. Please Subscribe to our YouTube page - ENJOY !!!

On a special note, I have a i7 930 that was clocked @ 4.09GHz and couldn't reach the full potential of what we wanted (4.2GHz). Well, NOW we can ONLY BECAUSE of the IX ETI !!! I say this with true conviction through application. Now mind you we are new to PC building and I NEVER put a PC together EVER. And if I can do it then ANYONE can do this and reach similar results. Call Chris Macris (one of guys at Enerdyne Solutuons) who actually walked me through the process. The IX ETI DOES WORK !!! Here's the vid link:

http://www.youtube.com/ReNuTechSolutions

It's the first main vid that you'll see in front of you on our YouTube page. Now when you are done watching this vid completely, back it up and then select the vid links to the other two vids that will help you fully understand how to properly install the IX ETI from Enerdyne Solutions. If you are interested in purchasing this ETI please go here:

http://www.renutechsolutions.com/pro...ga1366-socket/

If you need a different size for a different type of processor, just let us know. I hope we can be of some help to anyone in doubt that thinks may not work for them - BECAUSE IT DOES WORK !!!

Lastly, as I was re-reading this, it may appear like I'm trying to sell you something - Honestly when I see what someone like Dar_T is going through all I want to do is help, and once he's fixed and back in action, I'm sure he'll have similar results like we did with our system and that will fire us up more than anything !!! I hope you call him Dar so you can get the help you need and paid for... Later...

Xtreme Guru
    But it really looks like trying to sell. 1st post, lot of marketing blabla and such pushy advertising made me think worse of vendor. Pitty, I thought better of them, afterall rather good product. But i don't want to see Feser copy, so please stop.
    Last edited by Church; 08-20-2010 at 01:46 AM.

Xtreme Member
    But it really looks like trying to sell. 1st post, lot of marketing blabla and such pushy advertising made me think worse of vendor. Pitty, I thought better of them, afterall rather good product. But i don't want to see Feser copy, so please stop.
    Yeah I kind of suspect the same thing, but this is coming from "ReNuTechSolutions" so I direct my suspicion towards them and not Enerdyne.

Xtreme Member
    I can assure you that "PunkNugget" is not affiliated with Enerdyne.
    Its not our practice to engage or condone inappropriate or insincere marketing in any way.
    Very happy to hear of your good results PunkNugget
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Guru
    masska: oh, glad to hear that. A bit wierd that such shill posted here where are lot of clueful users and links to much better Vapor@skinneelabs tests with proper testing methodology, where IX already is winner even against best of classic pastes shin etsu without no need to artificially widen gap by using underdog like AS5 as in that video. BTW, imho IX should be marketed with accenting more like liquid metal but without it's main drawback - diffusion into IHS/WB&air cooler bases. I think that it, not price, is main showstopper that keeps lot of potential buyers from getting coolaboratory's liquid metal TIMs.

Xtreme Member
    you're right mate and COGS will soon be more competitive.
    Still I understand that for users that change over cpu's on a regular basis IX will be more expensive (per application). Overall though the enthusiast that requires maximum cooling efficiency/performance, wont mind paying a little extra (I hope ).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Guru
    Price is not that important. After all there are enough people that intend to use their builds for at least year or two without any changes/maintenance if possible, not just those that "change on a regular basis". So if you count it as almost "one time purchase", price is reasonable enough. Especially if as Vapor shown, IX mounts are very consistent compared to classic pastes, and fact that set include two IX applications. While IX application is more difficult, it also has less chance to do it wrong if you follow instructions to the letter. It's much easier to misaply classic pastes.
    I wonder though if it makes sense to broaden offer with custom cut sets by user suplied sizes. I started to think about it after question of someone in other forum: "can i use IX on my gpu aswell?"
    Last edited by Church; 08-20-2010 at 04:23 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Price is not that important. After all there are enough people that intend to use their builds for at least year or two without any changes/maintenance if possible, not just those that "change on a regular basis". So if you count it as almost "one time purchase", price is reasonable enough. Especially if as Vapor shown, IX mounts are very consistent compared to classic pastes, and fact that set include two IX applications. While IX application is more difficult, it also has less chance to do it wrong if you follow instructions to the letter. It's much easier to misaply classic pastes.
    I wonder though if it makes sense to broaden offer with custom cut sets by user suplied sizes. I started to think about it after question of someone in other forum: "can i use IX on my gpu aswell?"
    GPU applications are a consideration atm. But given that the tolerance and thresholds in GPU's are much greater than CPU's, I doubt this r&d will take precedence over other developments in the pipeline.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Guru
    masska: i wonder if it makes sense to make some 'gpu set' with few most popular gpu sized cut interchangeable plastic piece of different sizes. And same for releasing one single 'universal' set for all cpu sockets. Or custom orderable just needed plastic pieces for cheaper prices and cheaper shipping. Just divide from IX application metallic U part from the rest for implementation of all of the above.

Hi Churchy, and whoever else this applies to: You know it's easy to sit behind a your PC and start passing judgement on what was written by someone like myself, but I hope you will consider that this post was mainly directed toward the person who was discouraged about their personal use of the product and he's not EVEN a customer of mine. Also Churchy, since you're a "clueful user" then maybe you too may understand that much time and dedication was spent producing our video (if you took the time to view it). I agree with you that their are better & more detailed reviews out there; actually we gave quite a few references in our video over the one we produced (as I don't want to reinvent the wheel). Our main goal was to give our results. So am I advertising in our video - YES, but MAINLY to help out others looking to better what they currently have, and in this case - lower temp scores with utilizing the IX ETI - and YES, it's worth every penny - OOPS !!! There I go again being PASSIONATE (or as you would describe it "shilling"). Their are many words to use for what I posted for Dar_T's situation, "shilling" is not a word that I would use toward someone that I don't even know. Gathering reasons; basically - asking questions why someone like myself would post something like this would probably be a better approach in the future.

Also, to you Masska, I appreciate your "half" compliment toward me, but I can "assure" you that I'm not "inappropriate or insincere" in my approach towards Dar_T's hour of need, and just to let you (and anyone else who reads this), the ONLY "affiliation" that I have with Enerdyne Solutions is as a RESELLER of their product - very much like yourself
    BTW, Masska nice website.

I think what I'm taken back more by is that (so far) I haven't seen anyone go the extra distance (and I'm not applying that in other situations where you may have with someone else, just in this one) to help out the person who's got the real issue… and that's Dar_T. It shows by spending your time making comments about what I posted. We're here to build relationships and hopefully solve problems and to make a living along the way, so we can continue helping others. I still hope that Dar_T will get the help he needs. We're grateful that we've had great success using this product and want the same for him…
    Last edited by PunkNugget; 08-20-2010 at 09:46 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkNugget View Post
    Hi Churchy, and whoever else this applies to: You know it's easy to sit behind a your PC and start passing judgement on what was written by someone like myself, but I hope you will consider that this post was mainly directed toward the person who was discouraged about their personal use of the product and he's not EVEN a customer of mine. Also Churchy, since you're a "clueful user" then maybe you too may understand that much time and dedication was spent producing our video (if you took the time to view it). I agree with you that their are better & more detailed reviews out there; actually we gave quite a few references in our video over the one we produced (as I don't want to reinvent the wheel). Our main goal was to give our results. So am I advertising in our video - YES, but MAINLY to help out others looking to better what they currently have, and in this case - lower temp scores with utilizing the IX ETI - and YES, it's worth every penny - OOPS !!! There I go again being PASSIONATE (or as you would describe it "shilling"). Their are many words to use for what I posted for Dar_T's situation, "shilling" is not a word that I would use toward someone that I don't even know. Gathering reasons; basically - asking questions why someone like myself would post something like this would probably be a better approach in the future.

Also, to you Masska, I appreciate your "half" compliment toward me, but I can "assure" you that I'm not "inappropriate or insincere" in my approach towards Dar_T's hour of need, and just to let you (and anyone else who reads this), the ONLY "affiliation" that I have with Enerdyne Solutions is as a RESELLER of their product - very much like yourself
    BTW, Masska nice website.

I think what I'm taken back more by is that (so far) I haven't seen anyone go the extra distance (and I'm not applying that in other situations where you may have with someone else, just in this one) to help out the person who's got the real issue… and that's Dar_T. It shows by spending your time making comments about what I posted. We're here to build relationships and hopefully solve problems and to make a living along the way, so we can continue helping others. I still hope that Dar_T will get the help he needs. We're grateful that we've had great success using this product and want the same for him…
    I should have made my self a little clearer,sorry.My comments were not directed at you, but rather to the open thread and possible posts to follow.
    Yes I'am a proud reseller of Enerdyne but we are also the area distributor and that is why I posted that you were not affiliated with Enerdyne, (I was trying to defend you from possible backlash).
    The reason why I posted after your post and those of churchy and Hu1kamania, was that I could see that your post was going to be misinterpreted. Yes its sad that some people will quickly pass judgment and assume the worst but it is expected especially since other companies and individuals have tried shenanigans on this forum before. Having said that though, we as a community and individuals should not assume, and or classify before we know all the facts. I for one appreciate your contribution and feedback on this forum, and I hope to see you more often.

to XS
    Last edited by masska; 08-20-2010 at 06:12 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

To Masska:

I really appreciate your reply. I really hope you guys take to time to watch the vid that we put together.

http://www.youtube.com/ReNuTechSolutions (it's the first main vid on our page).

Actually, the vid was a lot of work. And yeah, it's a bit "hammy" in it's approach (I don't deny it), but that's a part of who I am. BELIEVE me, I'm NOT trying to "sell" anything ONLY what I KNOW WORKS, and this product DOES DO IT'S JOB and it does it well. Also, if it wasn't for Chris Macris @ Enerdyne, I don't think our install would have gone so well, because it the melting/adhering process was pretty quick for us (within 15 seconds of us starting the program), even Chris thought we weren't finished with the process, but since we did it over the phone he really couldn't see what we saw using the SpeedFan graph they suggested in their video to use. This is a pretty durable product, I say this because we CLEARLY went OVER the melting/adhering time by almost 2 minutes and it STILL didn't spill over or fail on us. That too gave us an even STRONGER CONVICTION about the quality of this product. To us, it's worth the $10.00 a pad (since they include two for about $20) and especially if you don't want to change it every few months (like with certain pastes).

Now we're going to work on trying to get out there and tell as many as we can so others can have the same success we had. I'm still blown away that we're OVER 6C less than before, and although we used a very common mediocre paste, it still blew us away, cause I honestly didn't think it was going to work that well. Now that it does, we're going to try to up our i7 930 to 4.4GHz and see where that goes.

BTW, on our vid we suggest others (who might be having issues to thoroughly view these other two vids):

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8fS20W_low
    2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvemu...eature=related

Now I know that most of you that have kept up with this product may have already have watched these vids, but for those that haven't all 3 of these vids will help (and of course, reading the instructions). Now that we know how to install this if ANYONE needs help if you have the product already (even if you didn't purchase it from us) please go to our site (www.renutechsolutions.com) and give us a call or email us and we'll help you as best as we can. Later... PNugg...
    Last edited by PunkNugget; 08-20-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Xtreme Guru
    PunkNugget: If you don't mind, please stop overusing bold font, it makes post harder to read, just like using all big letters. It's a little bit against unofficial netiquette. If you are not paid shill, i'm glad to hear that, as those have caused lot of ruckus here on forum on several ocasions, it's just that your post reminded few advertisements of theirs or advertisements in general. Welcome to the forum.

Okay I'll stop using the BOLD words and all caps (oops - I did it again; only did it for demonstration). Well, if you get a small clue into what we're like on our vids then we hope you'll begin to understand what we do. We will be posting vid references on here from time to time (like the one we're going to do a full review on our Mac Hak Pro). We hope you guys will like that one. It'll go over all the products we installed. Of course we're now resellers for all different types PC parts companies. So if you guys need anything, please let us know and hopefully we can be competitive with the pricing. We're sure the customer service is just as important and we have that too. Aside from that - what ever happened to Dar_T? We just spoke with Chris Macris at Enerdyne Solutions today (since he called us) and we mentioned this particular page and if Chris (within the last few days) had anyone call or email him with Dar_T's (similar) issue and so far he didn't receive any contact from anyone with that issue.

So Dar_T, if you're out there the guys at Enerdyne want to help and so do we, if you want the help and if you did something wrong with the ETI pad, well... you have another one. Which is why they put two in there... Well, gotta go, busy day and look forward to posting the vid review up here shortly. Later...
    Last edited by PunkNugget; 08-21-2010 at 09:31 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Vapor, I just got the indigo extreme with my new supreme HF and I wondered how you set it up with a water loop? How long did you leave the pumps off? do you wait for the pc to overheat and turn itself off?? thx!!
    (New build):MSI Big Bang X-power II with XSPC MB blocks, Core I7 3930k@4.6Ghz with HT on, 3x GTX 480 SLI with EK Waterblocks(for now), X-fi Titanium, Gskill quad kit 16GB 2133mhz, 2x240GB Corsair GT SSD's(raid 0), 3xWD 2TB drives, Silverstone Strider ST1500 Watt, Dell3007WFP and 2x Samsung 305T's. Water loop: EK HF CPU block, XSPC RX480 Rad, Coolgate GC480, Airplex Revolution 420 Rad, 2x DDC 3.25 18W with EK dual top, Caselabs STH10 white with customizations....

Quote Originally Posted by BringerOdeath View Post
    Vapor, I just got the indigo extreme with my new supreme HF and I wondered how you set it up with a water loop? How long did you leave the pumps off? do you wait for the pc to overheat and turn itself off?? thx!!
    If Vapor doesn't have a quicker way to walk you through it (and there might be) the best way (that we found) is to watch all three vids (that we posted - slightly above your comment) and to read all instructions that came with the ETI thoroughly. Then you should have a good idea on what to do. With ours it took only a about 20 seconds to liquify and we were through. With others it might take longer; up to a few minutes. All depends on your system... Remember this is a careful process, once done right though, you'll be golden... Enjoy watching the vids... Later ...
    Last edited by PunkNugget; 08-22-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkNugget View Post
    If Vapor doesn't have a quicker way to walk you through it (and there might be) the best way (that we found) is to watch all three vids (that we posted - slightly above your comment) and to read all instructions that came with the ETI thoroughly. Then you should have a good idea on what to do. With ours it took only a about 20 seconds to liquify and we were through. With others it might take longer. So from 20 seconds to 3 minutes. All depends on your system... Remember this is a careful process, once done right though, you'll be golden... Later and enjoy watching the vids... Later ...
    Thx Punknugget, I guess I am a bit ray charles today and didn't see those links....:P
    (New build):MSI Big Bang X-power II with XSPC MB blocks, Core I7 3930k@4.6Ghz with HT on, 3x GTX 480 SLI with EK Waterblocks(for now), X-fi Titanium, Gskill quad kit 16GB 2133mhz, 2x240GB Corsair GT SSD's(raid 0), 3xWD 2TB drives, Silverstone Strider ST1500 Watt, Dell3007WFP and 2x Samsung 305T's. Water loop: EK HF CPU block, XSPC RX480 Rad, Coolgate GC480, Airplex Revolution 420 Rad, 2x DDC 3.25 18W with EK dual top, Caselabs STH10 white with customizations....

Smile

To BringerOdeath: By the way, if you really get stuck on any of the vids and instructions, don't hesitate to call us (www.renutechsolutions.com on our contact page) or Chris Macris at Enerdyne Solutions. As I mentioned before, he was very kind to walk us through the process... I think you're going to like the results. Later...

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast