Thread: Looking for a Game!

Looking for a Game!

I have been looking to find a game lets you do some customizing. There where games in the past like Nexus: The Jupiter Incident that let you mod your ships.

Just post what ya got and i will try them out.

Xtreme Addict
    What kind of customizing? And what type of games? RPGs let you "customize", but thats just how RPGs are. A little more specific would be helpful
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod

I am Xtreme
    Fallout 3? Best game I've played in a while.
    Lian-Li Armorsuit PC-P80
    Asus P6T Deluxe w/ OC Palm| TFC X-Changer 360 x2
    Intel i7 965 Extreme Edition | Swiftech Apogee GTZ
    Asus GTX 295 x 2 (Quad-SLi) | Koolance VID-NX295 x 2
    Velociraptor 300GB | Swiftech MCP655 Pump x 2
    G.SKILL PI Black 6GB | EK 250ml Reservoir
    Tygon 7/16 Tubing | Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w Fully Sleeved

Xtreme Addict
    Ya Fallout 3 *might* be what you are looking for. It is a first person shooter RPG. If you like Fallout 3, try the original Dues Ex. Old game so graphics are kinda bad, it used a modified Unreal 1 engine. But that game also allowed you to customize your character and weapons, and gave you different options for how to progress through the game. Hack through the electronics, gun your way through enemies, use stealth and sneak past people. Supposedly some people can even play through the entire game of Dues Ex without being seen by any enemies except the necessary "bosses" and such.

Or EVE Online lets you basically do whatever you want for a job, and weapons and equipment on your ships. But it takes a lot of work to get what you want in the game, and the game is pretty darn harsh to most players. EVE loves me for some reason, I took a guy up on an offer no one else would and was given a free 2 million ISK, also happened to come along really early in the game on a battleship fight between rival corporations and was able to loot 2 of the battleships for crazy expensive equipment that saved me millions of ISK. Lots of people play the game and toil and work for a long time just to have their stuff blown apart and stolen from them, but only good things have happened to me... Pay monthly for this game though.

Space Empires 5, or Lest Empires: Immortals on the turn based strategy front. Massive games that let you research what you want and design the ships you want. Not games for most people as they dont have a lot in the way of graphics or fighting, these games are all about strategy and commitment. Most people just aren't capable of it. Lost Empires: Immortals takes a BEAST of a computer, preferably with a very fast processor, sh*tloads of RAM, and a solid state drive. Playing the game for more than 200 turns will get you 5 minutes in between turns while the computers do their stuff. It really doesn't take long for most things, but battle calculations take forever in that game.

Technically Call of Duty 4 and 5 have some customization options. You can select the weapons you use and perks for your character in multiplayer. Although that probably isn't what you are asking for. w00t for Modern Warfare 2 soon!
    Rig 1:
    ASUS P8Z77-V
    Intel i5 3570K @ 4.75GHz
    16GB of Team Xtreme DDR-2666 RAM (11-13-13-35-2T)
    Nvidia GTX 670 4GB SLI

Rig 2:
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX
    AMD FX-8350 @ 5.6GHz
    16GB of Mushkin DDR-1866 RAM (8-9-8-26-1T)
    AMD 6950 with 6970 bios flash

Yamakasi Catleap 2B overclocked to 120Hz refresh rate
    Audio-GD FUN DAC unit w/ AD797BRZ opamps
    Sennheiser PC350 headset w/ hero mod