Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Simon Says - Water Cooling Edition

Engineering The Xtreme

Cool Simon Says - Water Cooling Edition

I have put this off far too long and I know I said it would be done sooner but I have had some other computer issues to deal with

So here I am to give you the:

Simon Says - Water Cooling Edition Contest

sponsored by:

Contest Rules:
    -This contest will require you to have a camera, a few watercooling parts of any brand, and a lot of creativity.

-There are no boundaries for nationality, I will ship to any country. Each contest round will be run for a period no shorter than 24 hours, this way anyone in the world can participate.

-The contest will work like this: I will post a request for a picture containing certain watercooling parts and certain non watercooling items as well, I may ask you to put the part(s) in a certain setting or do a certain task with the part or parts. Photoshop is acceptable unless I expressly forbid it in the simon says.

-Extra points will be given for creativity

-I will draw from some of Fugger's ideas in the simon says CPU giveaway so if you want your hints get them there.

PRIZES

The grand prize will be this ONE OF A KIND custom machined Lamptron FC-3 fan controller designed by me. This particular controller is one of the first PWM based controllers and can hold up to 30w on each of its four control channels.

Runner up prizes are being determined at this time, but will include White Lamptron cold cathode kits, possibly a radiator and a few other modding related items - there will hopefully be lots of prizes so get in the contest, even if you don't win the fan controller you have a high chance of getting something good!

Contest Entry:

this First contest entry is easy

Simon Says: Post a picture of a Waterblock on top of a piece of paper, on the paper should be written the name of one Lamptron product - repeats are only allowed if all products have been used already - you can find the product list here www.lamptron.com

You have until Saturday, August 15th at 11:59pm EST to complete this task

post any questions in this thread and I will answer them best I can
    Last edited by SNiiPE_DoGG; 08-12-2009 at 08:18 AM.

Engineering The Xtreme
    PrometheusCon = 1

Chris_redfield = 1

Josifek = 1

stonedsurd = 1

Ashraf = 1

zanzabar = 1

biglipzit = 1

MaByBoI = 2

nypunkgeek = 2

stangracin3 = 1

sniperbob = 1

hausner = 1

asabaraba = 1

GregSG = 1

0Ro! = 2

borec = 1

MpG = 2

K404 = 1

LogAn'sRun = 2

Aerou = 2

ridney= 1

Tsaroth = 2

paul_ = 1

~CS~ = 2

marmott = 1

Kallenator = 2

slim142 = 2

EliTE22 = 1
    Last edited by SNiiPE_DoGG; 08-18-2009 at 06:10 AM.

Banned
    if you want interest like Fugger thread has ... you need better prizes ...

Engineering The Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by OBR View Post
    your right a one of a kind CNC milled fan controller worth 7 times its normal MSRP isn't a good prize

this is for watercoolers and modders, not overclockers

I have to agree with OBR, its a cool fan controller and all but the amount of work and conditions that your asking on this contest doesnt make it well worth it to be honest even if its worth 7times over other fan controller.

I have water cooling gear as do others but Im sure most have well them in use by their rig and I dont think they want to take a part their loop or go buy parts just to enter this contest for such a prize thats why I dont think its that great of an idea or prize for such efforts or even possible expense just to enter into this contest

Thats just my opinion of course.

But hey for those who do enter best of luck.
    Last edited by PCFlip; 08-12-2009 at 09:35 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by OBR View Post
    Yea a fan controller does not seem to spark much interest to me.

Engineering The Xtreme
    you guys fail to see the point of this contest eh?

its for people who are modders who are currently building a liquid cooling rig. I am not asking anyone to rip apart their rig, in fact the point is I dont want to give it to someone who has a rig already built. Clearly this needs to go into liquid cooling because you guys are just crapping all over a thread that has absolutely nothing to do with you.

EDIT: Not to mention that I am running this, paying for shipping and a lot of the runner up prizes completely out of my own pocket
    Last edited by SNiiPE_DoGG; 08-12-2009 at 09:43 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Wow talk about ungrateful. You people are ridiculous. If you don't want to participate then don't bother posting in the thread. Sorry SNiiPE_DoGG but I had to reply to this...

Chris

Xtreme Member
    Do we need to write our usernames on any of these said papers? If not...

*smaller pic*

and it's an AquaXtreme.
    Last edited by PrometheusCon; 08-12-2009 at 09:57 AM.

well snipe you should have worded it better then, now we know its a limited spectrum contest only to those in the process of putting together their loop/rig.

Engineering The Xtreme
    no username is fine, I am sure we wont have any stolen pics

thankyou for entering and being the first

@previous posters whom I have already addressed: Next time I feel like giving away my personal prized possessions, free of charge in a contest, I will be sure to have prizes totaling in no less than $1000 value for each winner before I start the competition.

all I was saying is you should have spent a bit more time listing out the guidelines like other sites do when giving a contest, doesnt matter that this is a personal out of your pocket contest there is still steps you take when listing a contest, consider it a learning experience. I have done 5 out of pocket contest as you have stated with this being out of pocket so I know by now what and how a contest should be formatted, so thats all I was referring to was that your post wasnt that descriptive and the requirements were not properly listed thus you got the post responses that you did. All Im saying for in the future to plan it out a bit more. Again good luck with the contest, I really do hope it works out for you and those who enter.

Xtreme Member
    Guys I think it's not fair to criticise the efforts that Sniipe have done for this contest.

If you think that there is no interest in it just don't participate, I don't see any obligation in first post.

Xtreme Enthusiast

Does this count

Technically, that is a waterblock on a piece of paper with a lamptron product name written on it. It just so happens that the waterblock is attached to a full working loop. (I apologise for the appearance of the wires they are a bit messy as I have been in and out of the case recently experimenting with a Coolermaster Cooldrive 5 for a new build I am in the process of sorting out, I wanted a Musketeer but they don't make those anymore )

If this doesn't count let me know because tommorrow night I'll take the loop apart. I would punch my nan in the face for the first prize as I have ordered a Lamptron FC-3 just because I had seen your build log.

The only problem is don't have enough fluid so I may not be able to fill the loop back up again afterwards.

Engineering The Xtreme
    cheers chris that works for your entry , but I don't want you to get through too much trouble to enter the contest! I must warn that later on the water block will need to go places/be in different settings for the required pictures . this obviously wont happen until the weekend though

Xtreme Member
    Here we go Hope its good...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    24/7 PC: Motherboard : Biostar T-Force I45 || CPU : Intel Pentium D930 @ 5000 Mhz On custom 400W Peltier cooler
    GFX : Sapphire HD2900 Pro 512-bit @875/2200Mhz!!! || RAM :Crucial Ballistix @ 1066mhz 5-5-5-10
    HDD : WD 80Gb SATA + 250Gb WD SATA II || PSU : Akasa paxpower 460W (Blue led fan) + Forton XBooster 300W Mouse : A4 Tech X-718F, Steelpad QcK+
    Audio : Creative SB Audigy 2 Platinum eX + DIY 2.1 Audio system Custom Benchmarking Windows XP SP2

Lan Party PC: DFI LP NF3 250Gb || AMD Athlon64 @ 2,6Ghz || A-Data Vitesta 600 Mhz || 6600GT Passive || 250Gb WD + 40Gb Maxtor
    Notebook: HP 530 Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 || 1Gb 667Mhz RAM || 160Gb HDD

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Cheers for the heads up.

I actually need some more blocks for my upcoming build so I might put a quick order in.

EDIT: Cheers for this Snipe dogg you just gave me the excuse I needed to get some of the Aqua Computer Cuplex blocks
    Last edited by Chris_redfield; 08-12-2009 at 11:25 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Yet another contest I technically don't qualify for. :P Too bad, I was able to get all the way to the finals with a cooking pot in the last one...

Royal Administrator
    Am I allowed to join?

Engineering The Xtreme
    indeed all members and admins can play I know you've got a beautiful build in the making ashraf so go for it

Xtreme Addict
    do renders count?

Engineering The Xtreme
    ah, no, sorry but because the prize is a real physical object, so must be the waterblock in the picture

two confirmed runner up prizes so far are:

-Swiftech MCR320 radiator
    -EK Supreme Acetal Waterblock
    -Lamptron White cathode kit (2 x available)

more TBD when I go through my inventory!

Thumbs up Nice contest!

Nice idea Sniipe.

Here's my entry:

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by INJViper View Post
    Wow talk about ungrateful. You people are ridiculous. If you don't want to participate then don't bother posting in the thread. Sorry SNiiPE_DoGG but I had to reply to this...

Chris
    2x

Nice contest and you get a prize if you win if not you have a lot of fun.

Royal Administrator
    Last edited by Ashraf; 02-17-2010 at 04:23 PM. Reason: New hosting link.

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast