Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5 hits 272 BCLK

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    so these high bclocks only work at subzero and on air we are stuck at the same bclocks? 210 on air but close to 300 cold? thats odd 0_o
    whats the max stable 3d bclock under cold then?
    The real question is: what inside the processor likes to be this cold and how can we use this information to go faster on X58?
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Member
    Here's how we can go faster on i7's ... new chipset.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ovard View Post
    My UD5 with F5d bios ABSOLUTELY wont accept a BCLK of more than 160 :/ Hoping its the BIOS and not the board/CPU.

Anyone else with this problem?
    You need to turn Turbo off..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lesstutrey View Post
    Yeah I second that

Quote Originally Posted by bingo13 View Post
    You need to turn Turbo off..
    I solved it, 210 BCLK so far. All i did was to remove two of my four ram sticks.

PI in the face
    finding that at x36 222 is the max bclk on the ud4p w/i750 which "qpi link" hits 4ghz its hardlock city
    x32 same settings 21x234 is reached.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by massman View Post
    The real question is: what inside the processor likes to be this cold and how can we use this information to go faster on X58?
    heh, good question... my guess is that at lower temperatures its easier to terminate io at the interfaces cause the resistances change in a beneficial way... it probably helps having the mainboard between the cpu and chipset cold, not just the cpu and chipset itself... lower temperatures on the traces = lower resistance on the traces = easier to drive a signal through the traces...

but most of it is really the chipset... its stupid to try and push qpi clocks higher when even the slowest qpi setting is way more than we need anyways... even for quad vga setups...

the real solution would be to have a chipset with a 16x or 12x qpi multiplier...

Quote Originally Posted by lesstutrey View Post
    exactly... but the boneheads up in intel top floors think it would hurt their highend cpu sales cause people buy the lowest end chips and clock them to the top... well DUH thats what everybody does already, and the people who buy XE chips now will still buy XE chips if a new chipset allowed higher overclocking...

and even if they would lose half or all their XE sales, i bet theyd make 5x that money by offering an X58pro chipset that had lower qpi multipliers and sold it for 20$ more... cause theyd actually sell millions of those, and not a measily few hundred-thousand pieces like with their XE cpus...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456