Hello everyone. Long time reader, first time posting =].
After hours... Days... Months even, of research. I have come a long way into what exactly I plan for my first Water Cooling build. It started with ugly worm clamps and has evolved into much more. So let me explain what I currently have planned.
This is for an i7 920 and obviously a gtx275. Case will be TJ07 because there's nothing else that compares.Watercooling Setup
- Blocks: 85$ + 125$ + 145$
- Rad: 160$ Feser X-Changer QUAD 480 Extreme Performance Radiator
- Pump: 68$ + 25$
- Res : 47$ EK Waterblocks EK-Multioption RES 250 rev.2
- Fans : 30$ 3x Scythe DFS123812-3000 "ULTRA KAZE" 120 x 38 mm
- Fan Controller : 40$ ZALMAN MFC1 Plus-B Black 6 Channel Multi Fan Controller
- Tubing/Liquid/Clamps: 30$ + 3$ + 70$ + 70$
At first I wasn't planning on cooling anything more then the CPU. But that leaves quite a bit of hot air in the computer, so I decided to WC the GPU. So I've pretty much decided I'm going to cool the chipset. I was going to buy the Rampage II E, but have decided the Classified goes better with my color scheme (White/black). So first
1) I currently have a 120.3 Rad picked out. But I know the 120.4 will fit the TJ07. Should I upgrade to it if I decide to WC the motherboard. I plan on OC the CPU as far as I can push it. So that also worries me. I don't really plan to OC the GPU. Will that be enough to cool those 3? And will there be enough flow through the loop to effectively do so. I know the motherboard blocks kill flow rates. EK-FB KIT EVGA X58 CLASSIFIED Full Board North/Southbridge Water Block - Act+Nik Is what I have in mind. If I do go this route, I plan on coming from the Rad>GPU>CPU>Mobo>Res. Because coming from the Rad all the way to the CPU creates too long of a tube, and looks bad. Will that hurt the OC'ing Potential?
I contemplated a dual loop, but really don't know how capable I am of that for my first build. I thought if I added another GPU at a later date, that I would also change my WC setup. Lemmie know what you think.
2) Considering this is my first WC setup, the whole drain/fill thing also bothers me. Filling I assume I can just funnel the liquid into the top of the res. But draining is another issue. I was thinking of putting a line somewhere at the bottom, but I can't figure out how to effectively do that and still make everything look clean - Any ideas?
3) I want a different fan controller. But I don't want one that Looks like trash. This is going to be a clean build, and most fan controllers look like garbage. I was looking at the aquareos (butchered spelling), but It looks like almost too much.
4)Speaking of fans, I know good choices are GT's, Yates, Slims, S-Flex's etc. So I may change up my fan choice. Noise isn't 100% an issue. I'd like to be able to adjust the fans to where I can't really hear them, but also be able to have performance for benchmarks.
5) When I was picking 45' Angle fittings. I figured you have to use rotaries right? Because the 45' (Here) if you tried to screw them into a thread, they are stuck that whatever angle they screw in at. I dunno if that makes sense... Hopefully it does.
I come up with new questions everyday it seems like. But I'll leave it at this for now.
Thanks for any replies and suggestions.