Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: STALKER fans unite!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I hate this game now. I played a bunch of missions, had to reinstall windows, and now I cant use my old savefiles. Horrible! Why can't they just be in My Documents? Why can't they just work?!? Such a pain in my buttox...
    Love the game, hate the programmers...
    Loonym...You are missed.

The element of one

Breathe me in
    Breathe me in

I disbelieve in separation. I close my eyes to see you.
    This is for you, everything I am. This is for you, take it from me.
    I, I disbelieve separation. I close my eyes
    there's no escaping me
    In your heart in your soul. I perceive rejuvenation

Breathe me in. I am forever. Deep within I am eternal.

I will return to you. I am with you always. I will never turn away from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemic View Post
    I hate this game now. I played a bunch of missions, had to reinstall windows, and now I cant use my old savefiles. Horrible! Why can't they just be in My Documents? Why can't they just work?!? Such a pain in my buttox...
    Love the game, hate the programmers...
    They're in: Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\STALKER-STCS

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armored_Kech1 View Post
    They're in: Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\STALKER-STCS
    Well, döh! That I know, and I copied them before reinstalling ofcourse. But still they wont load. Same patches and same mods but no go.
    Loonym...You are missed.

The element of one

Breathe me in
    Breathe me in

there's no escaping me

Why would anyone who liked SOC but got somewhat burned with CS like this?
    I think this will be another failure.....not sure if the fail will be as epic as Wolfensteins, but either way, I'm not predicting a STALKER4.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by HabpChips View Post
    Why would anyone who liked SOC but got somewhat burned with CS like this?
    I think this will be another failure.....not sure if the fail will be as epic as Wolfensteins, but either way, I'm not predicting a STALKER4.
    Even though S:CS was too easy, it was still better than a lot of games. I actually think S:COP will be pretty good, even if it isn't there is always the possibility of moddability, and even if it isn't they've probably gotten enough feedback that S:CS was too easy, as one of the patches made medkits make you lose stamina, you practically used to be able to stand in front of a LMG guy so long as you could hit the medkit button fast enough.That is one of the main reasons I don't like the "quick medkit" thing, it is too quick, it'd take a bit of time to stop the bleeding, then some rest to heal up, but that isn't fun, now is it? On the S:COP site the medkits would appear to take 5 seconds to heal, which is a pretty cool idea, as it stops people from just carrying 50 medkits and being a tank, but doesn't reduce your stamina to the point where you can't get to cover.

Well, back to them receiving the "too easy" mail, they'll probably make it have more even harder difficulty settings, but still with the easy ones for casual gamers... It is a good solution as then people won't whine that it is too hard, and other people won't be on the other end of the spectrum saying it is too easy.

It'd be cool to have a mode where one hit on you will dang near kill, but enemies will still take the normal amount of damage. Sort of a "realism mode"...
    Last edited by [486]; 09-11-2009 at 02:06 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    love it

i'm currently playing SoC with S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Complete 2009 Mod
    New Version 1.4
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/stalker-complete-2009

This is just the weather mods.

* Natural multi-phase day and night transition, based on daily observations.
    * Vast distant views, creating large open world around player.
    * New multi-phase moon design authored by Dolgov Studio.
    * Proper sun travel according to date (01.05.2012) and geo location (Ukraine).
    * Enhanced High Dynamic Range lightning.
    * Number of weather cycles multiplied.
    * Different types of storms, from fast to slow.
    * Wet surfaces during rain.
    * High resolution star constellation map.
    * Realistic sunsets and sunrises.
    * Improved water animation.
    * Sun effects ported from Clear Sky.
    * Over 100 smaller improvements.

84 LIVE music recordings added to soundtrack (campfire).

Just reading the change list makes me want to reinstall!!
    Last edited by PaganII; 10-01-2009 at 11:41 PM. Reason: add info

Nursing Student -or- Beta Testing Escape From Tarkov
    Would probably be one of the best FPS/RPG's...besides Deus Ex IF:

1. They play tested the games BEFORE release and fixed the bugs.

2. Improved the AI of NPCs

3. Make the game zones a sandbox (think FarCry 2)...which the creators originally promised.

4. Fix the faction system (Concept: each faction starts with X members and controls Y territory - but due to YOUR interactions and choices in the game AS WELL as NPC actions..Z is the final ending of the game. Doesn't sound too difficult, but haven't seen them be able to implement it yet. Would add amazing re-playability and depth to the game if they ever pull it off.)

5. Focused on improving/designing a stronger character driven story element - largest weakness in the game as a whole (action, graphics, atmosphere it's got all that).

Btw - game is now pushed to Q1 2010
    Intel Core i7 7700K | MSI Z270 XPOWER G.T. | EVGA 1080Ti SC2 | 16GB DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z 3200 | Samsung S27A950D | 3 x Samsung 850 EVO (250GB, 2 x 2TB) | EVGA Supernova P2 1200w | Coolermaster Cosmos II

call of pripyat is out in russia!

english translation mods are availible!

ill get some screens later

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Reinstalled SoC
    Applied 1.0005 patch
    Installed SMM (smart mod manager)
    Used SMM to install Complete 2009 mod (it doesn't get any easier than this)
    Played to 1st level change at max settings without a hickup @ 80-100fps!

STALKER CALL OF PRIPYAT!!!!!!
    xray engine 1.6
    take that crysis
    these are on medium btw
    getting stable 60 on a 4850 and q6600.
    will tweak more and come back to you

did i mention its an amazing game? head and shoulders above the first two if you can believe it

Xtreme Enthusiast
    STALKER SoC Complete 2009 mod now has 1 click install version 1.4.1 exe with a few more fixes.

http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2009...lete-2009.html

Getting up to 200fps after 1st level. Ready to head to Military Warehouses from the Bar. Love the new sky and traveling at night with full moon lighting up the scenes. No freezes or slowdowns in Rostok anymore.

Thanks for the screens of CoP moditir!
    Last edited by PaganII; 10-13-2009 at 06:59 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Why did they delay everything but the Russia version?

Core i7 920 D0 B-batch (4.1) (Kinda Stable?) | DFI X58 T3eH8 (Fed up with its' issues, may get a new board soon) | Patriot 1600 (9-9-9-24) (for now) | XFX HD 4890 (971/1065) (for now) |
    80GB X25-m G2 | WD 640GB | PCP&C 750 | Dell 2408 LCD | NEC 1970GX LCD | Win7 Pro | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 {Modded to reverse-ATX, WC'ing internal}

CPU Loop: MCP655 > HK 3.0 LT > ST 320 (3x Scythe G's) > ST Res >Pump
    GPU Loop: MCP655 > MCW-60 > PA160 (1x YL D12SH) > ST Res > BIP 220 (2x YL D12SH) >Pump

Xtreme Member
    [QUOTEWhy did they delay everything but the Russia version?][/QUOTE]
    I hope its because the Russians are the Guinea pigs, Or it may be it takes along time to develop the different language Packs or support for different languages, I think the German release is next month.
    I have noticed the Russian version of the game for sale on Ebay for £28 + p&p, I'm tempted to buy it. I dont think I can wait till Jan/Feb for UK release.

Asus P9X79PRO, EK MOSFET H20,
    3930K @ 4.8 Full Nickel HF Supreme
    EVGA classified GTX 780 Hydro copper 4 x 4gb Mushkin 1600 @1.5v
    2 X 250 GB Samsung evo RO, 3 x 640 WD Blacks Storage, Corsair AX1200, Phobya Nova 1080, Fesser 120,with GT 1850's

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by moditir View Post

did i mention its an amazing game? head and shoulders above the first two if you can believe it
    Huh? Wha? *hyperventilates*
    Dangit, guess the translation to English was one of the last things they were gonna do, or us Americans whined too much about minor bugs...

I don't care if it has a few bugs, so long as it is playable. I don't ask any more of my mods for CS...

I just started a game of SoC with Oblivion Lost 2.2. I think I'll reinstall and try STALKER SoC complete 2009 instead because of the new high res art resources. Does anyone have any suggestions for Clear Sky mods? I haven't started Clear Sky yet as I've just discovered the first game.

I can't believe nobody has done it yet, so

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theystolemyname View Post
    I just started a game of SoC with Oblivion Lost 2.2. I think I'll reinstall and try STALKER SoC complete 2009 instead because of the new high res art resources. Does anyone have any suggestions for Clear Sky mods? I haven't started Clear Sky yet as I've just discovered the first game.

I can't believe nobody has done it yet, so

GET OUT OF HERE STALKER
    OGSM is a pretty good mod for CS. It brings some of the SoC feeling to the game.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Bought the russian version on ebay, and got the english translation for it, it pretty well sucks. The maps are huge, but there are only 3 of them.
    Because of the huge maps there is a lot of walking, and also there are not many stash boxes, so you gotta either drop a lot of stuff or make a ton of
    trips back and forth.

The rifles wear out in a few mags, monsters are finally a threat but that is countered by the huge amount of medkits. You quite
    quickly get most of the assault rifles [I'm a couple hours in and I got an L85, a LR300 and many AK74s] You can't sell weapons to the trader unless they
    are in very good condition, which is 1/20 of the weapons dropped. The repairman can't do upgrades until you find him a toolkit and the place it is in
    has tons of zombies, but it is across the map, so you have to go back to the base a lot to drop off valuables and fix your rifle that is already worn out
    even though you only fired 5 mags through it. Maintenance practically costs more than ammo!

I'm really disappointed in the game, maybe the english version will be better, I'm gonna sell this one to a friend who speaks russian. Probably will get the
    english one when it comes out... Well, back to modding SHoC and CS... Though I've been getting out of the whole gaming and computers thing, so it
    might just be that gaming ain't as fun for me any more but I doubt that. Clear sky is more fun than CoP...

Was expecting better...

I added the extra lines because for whatever reason the page here is about 10" wider than my monitor, and side scrolling is annoying while reading.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Okay, played through the first level, and it does get a lot better, though the english translations went to crap. The game looks pretty good actually... It
    suffers the same problem that CS had. The 1st level sucks! The 2nd looks pretty nice from what I've seen, I'm starting to see people carrying VSS's and
    one guy with an SVD, so rifleman's ammo may be getting more common, and I can finally use the vintorez I found. Yay, using the stealth thing in game, rather
    than just rushing in and emptying mags I can pick off a few, sneak in and get their loot. I'm giving it a much better review now. I sorta like the changes
    to the upgrade mechanics they did, but I won't say what they did as to not prejudice you guys for/against a change before you try it out.

I'm re adding the english version of this game to my "can't wait" list, which now only contains one game that I can remember ATM... There were many
    games that looked pretty cool and I wanted to play, but couldn't afford them when they came out. Now most have disappeared, like pariah, I remember
    reading the back of the box and thinking "Hey, cool. You can upgrade the weapons, I'll have to play this." Still haven't...

Xtreme Enthusiast

Xtreme Member
    Hey guys i love stalker.
    Coolermaster:
    PC Specs.
    AMD FX-60,Asus A8N32-SLI DELUXE,Nvidia Gefroce 8800gts running SLI, 4 Gigs of Corsair Ram, Coolermaster HAF Case,Coolermaster 850w Real Power Pro PS,Harddrives out the ass,Water Cooled CPU/GPUs

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Finally finished Call of Pripyat and started the free play mode. It's a blast.

Sale on Steam this weekend! Get Shadow of Chernobyl and Call of Pripyat both for $9.95usd!!!
    A few hours left. Gift 1 or both to a friend thru steam if they have a Steam account.

Xtreme Member
    yea i got the 10 buck deal. even tho i already own the games.
    ive been playing the complete mods for clear sky and SOC they are good. waiting on the mod to hit CoP.

cant wait for the Lost Alpha mod to come out for SOC and STALKER 2 in 2012. i just cant wait to see what they do with stalker 2
    Coolermaster:
    PC Specs.
    AMD FX-60,Asus A8N32-SLI DELUXE,Nvidia Gefroce 8800gts running SLI, 4 Gigs of Corsair Ram, Coolermaster HAF Case,Coolermaster 850w Real Power Pro PS,Harddrives out the ass,Water Cooled CPU/GPUs

Damn old thread but suits me, just finished COP a few days ago finally. That mission to get to Pripyat was epic, one of the best parts of a game I remember. Love the series, just hope it isn't ruined now that it's going multi-platform unfortunately.
    System: i7 920 | Sapphire 5870 | EVGA X58 Classified 760 | 3x2GB Dominator GT 1866 | Corsair 800D
    Cooling: EK Supreme Classified Red cpu block | DD 5870 block | EK X58 Classified Mobo block

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I found this pretty kewl Stalker Movie at the tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFg-m-RWsM
    Loonym...You are missed.

The element of one

Breathe me in
    Breathe me in

there's no escaping me

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Anemic View Post
    I found this pretty kewl Stalker Movie at the tube
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFg-m-RWsM
    Home made russian movie called "Rust" (RDZA).

EDIT?

Ops, pressed the Quote button instead of Edit, stupid me!
    Loonym...You are missed.

The element of one

Breathe me in
    Breathe me in

there's no escaping me

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast