Thread: Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP for $469

Xtreme Mentor

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Great price for a fantastic screen.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Addict
    Wasn't this $400 a month or so ago?

Xtreme Mentor
    Horrible gaming monitor.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
    Horrible gaming monitor.
    Based on what? I've used one for, I dunno, nearly a year now, absolutely no complaints. Colours are fantastic, range of inputs is great, no perceptible input lag even when side-by-side compared to a Trinitron CRT.

The only issue that might result in decreased gaming performance is if you're silly enough to enable the scaler and use the LCD scaling options rather than your VGA.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulsCollective View Post
    Based on what? I've used one for, I dunno, nearly a year now, absolutely no complaints. Colours are fantastic, range of inputs is great, no perceptible input lag even when side-by-side compared to a Trinitron CRT.
    Based on lots of user tests and reviews around the web. Google brings up lots of hits. However, the A01 and A02 revisions took the input lag from ~60ms down to ~30ms, which I totally forgot about out. Most of the units bought brand new should be one of the newer revisions, but I imagine there are still early models floating around.

For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    As you mention, there have been several revisions of the monitor. I've got one of the later ones, with the full brightness controls and significantly reduced input lag and ghosting. As you can see by the newer forum comments, and as I can confirm with my own side-by-side testing with a CRT, the input lag issues are fixed - and as for early models, I doubt purchasing straight from Dell will get you an earlier revision.
    Rig specs

Xtreme Mentor
    Yup. I just forgot about the newer revisions. From researching the monitor a long time ago, I only remembered the initial input lag fiasco.

Xtreme Member
    Gateway FHD2400 is a much better monitor and is going for $250ish on eBay...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TopFuel1471 View Post
    To be fair, the 2400 is disco'd and selling for $250ish because they are refurbished. Cnet also wasnt very happy with the performance of it.
    Corsair 700D
    Intel i7 920 @ 4.20|Asus P6T6 Revolution|G.Skill 6gb DDR3 1600|Zotac GTX480|Intel x-25-M 80GB x 2 / Raid0
    H2O
    |Perfecting the Obsidian series case. Build log to follow soon...|

Xtreme Addict
    Actually these are going lower not because of the refurbish issue, but rather because the 2410 models are coming soon. Classic case of "leap on a bargain" vs wait for the latest and greatest. Personal choice really, but that's the reason for the bargains abounding these days.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by TopFuel1471 View Post
    It has better input lag, but it's a TN panel, so picture performance wise it's worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
    Actually these are going lower not because of the refurbish issue, but rather because the 2410 models are coming soon. Classic case of "leap on a bargain" vs wait for the latest and greatest. Personal choice really, but that's the reason for the bargains abounding these days.
    He's not talking about the Dell.