Thread: BIIIG Win 7 x64 rtm Fail help.

Xtreme Mentor

BIIIG Win 7 x64 rtm Fail help.

Well if i open any, ANY exe program,,, after i close it down etc so its not running anymore (even checked task manager etc) it will
    NOT let me delete until I restart (says it's in use even when it's not..)
    Its REALLY such a pain as I like to leave my comp in sleep mode now not completley turn it off.. and its such a pain to having to restart everytime as It just waste's time and is a neuicance...

any idea what IT could be? Thanks.
    Last edited by Jamesrt2004; 08-06-2009 at 02:38 AM.
    "Cast off your fear. Look forward. Never stand still, retreat and you will age. Hesitate and you will die. SHOUT! My name is…"
    //James

Xtreme Member
    first thing i would do is grab process explorer that should tell you if anyhting has a lock on the file
    Gaming Box:: q6600 @3.0 :: 9800gtx :: Abit IP35 :: 4gb :: 1.4TB :: akasa eclipse :: Win7
    Development:: PhenomII 955BE @3.2 :: 4200 :: asus M4A785 M Evo :: 1.25TB ::Win7
    Media Centre :: q6600 @3.0 :: x1950pro :: asus p35 epu :: 8gb :: 320 GB :: Lc17B :: Win7
    server:: I7 860 :: p55 gd65 :: 3450 :: 8 TB :: 8gb :: Rebel 12 :: server 2008 R2

I am Xtreme
    i dont understand what you are trying to do.

by your own words you close a program, try to reopen it, then try and delete it ?????
    and what are you tryin to delete??? do you mean uninstall?.
    and if you are trying to uninstall the ap, then why are you trying to reopen it.

try re-explaining yourself in a more,,,, "plain english" way. ie; give us an example of whats happening.
    Last edited by Lestat; 08-09-2009 at 04:27 PM.
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback