Thread: Perfect GPU for Bloodrage

Xtreme Member

Perfect GPU for Bloodrage

check this out, Its not the fastest or cheapest but two of these would sure look nice in my Bloodrage LOL.
    http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/gra...en-oc-review/1

Asus P9X79PRO, EK MOSFET H20,
    3930K @ 4.8 Full Nickel HF Supreme
    EVGA classified GTX 780 Hydro copper 4 x 4gb Mushkin 1600 @1.5v
    2 X 250 GB Samsung evo RO, 3 x 640 WD Blacks Storage, Corsair AX1200, Phobya Nova 1080, Fesser 120,with GT 1850's

Xtreme Addict
    Ehm.. man, if you want some good graphic card.. I would go for eVGA GTX285 + HK GPU block for it.. or HD 4890 with some GPU block.. but MSI is definetly bad choice.. always. Especially as graphic card.. Their mobos are almost "ok".

HK GPU 285 block
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme Member
    I have never had any MSI products so I dont know about there quality. I am also very happy with my BFG280H2OC card, I just think the Msi looks so nice with the red PCB LOL

Asus P9X79PRO, EK MOSFET H20,
    3930K @ 4.8 Full Nickel HF Supreme
    EVGA classified GTX 780 Hydro copper 4 x 4gb Mushkin 1600 @1.5v
    2 X 250 GB Samsung evo RO, 3 x 640 WD Blacks Storage, Corsair AX1200, Phobya Nova 1080, Fesser 120,with GT 1850's

Xtreme X.I.P.
    i never heard of problems with msi vgas... on contrary...
    their boards on the other hand...

the red pcb looks nice, but the block... not my taste... looks chunky and too simplistic imo :P
    but yeah, a red pcb card on BR def looks nice, i got one myself

I have 2 MSI GTX260 (216) SLI OC edition, V2 and V4. Performance wise, I have no issues. Passmark 3D score was 2037, 10 points shy of the GTX295, and 3dMark06 score 27,000

Saaya is right about the V2 block it is large and clunky, the V4 has a smaller block for only the GPU and RAMDAC and metal cooling pins on the end. I haven't gone to water (yet), but both fans run @ 40% stock and you have to run EVGA precision to get them to reasonable speeds for good cooling. Even at that they put out alot of heat under average loads (gaming) and need room to breathe. They only tolerate mild increases from the already OC speed. The gpu is running 655Mhz Core clock at stock OC and I can only push them to about 690Mhz. I'm sure the water guys get better results

...and they do look nice with BR
    BloodRage | 920-D0 | TRUE Black 120 | Mushkin 2000Mhz DDR3 | VelociRaptor | 2x SLI GTX-260 OC

Xtreme Addict
    Well, their mobos are usually weak in any benchmarks or real use.. only recent were good enough to keep with opponents. Tough, they sometimes last like forever (I have 7 yrs old MSi mobo.. still working). Not sure if they improved since, but I twice bought graphic card from them and twice RMAŽed it.. quite similar to "quality" of Sapphire, or GB.. and ASUS isnŽt much better.. From my experience, eVGA does best nVidia based graphic cards. ATi is.. hm.. hard to say, I would try HIS, they are little bit more expensive, but seems quite good and from ppl that own them, I never heard any regret.. tough there isnŽt much of HIS owners.
    i7 930 D0 - 4,2 GHz + Megashadow
    3x4GB Crucial 1600MHz CL8
    Foxconn Bloodrage rev. 1.1 - P09
    MSI HAWK N760
    Crucial M500 240GB SSD
    SeaGate ES.2 1TB + 1TB External SeaGate
    Corsair HX 850W (its GOLD man!)
    ASUS STX + Sennheiser HD 555 (tape mod)

Old-new camera so some new pics will be there.. My Flickr My 500px.com My Tumblr

Xtreme X.I.P.
    fyi:
    evga = reference design from nvidia, the cards are actually all made by palit
    evga, bfg, xfx, asus, gigabyte, msi, foxconn etc... the first series of cards after launch are all identical and all made by palit
    then nvidia allows its important partners to create custom designs with cheaper components etc...

i would also recommend evga though, cause of their good support... at least in the usa, in europe... not great, but better than asus or msi etc...

as for ati, i really dont know... i dont know any ati card maker that offers exceptional support... a real shame actually...

and yes, the little brother of a friend of mine had an msi socket a board that lasted for quite a while, i think 4 years or so, and he used it pretty much 24/7

This is a WaterCool HK Waterblock and the best you can buy for money.

So i got a EVGA + HK GPU-X2.