Thread: Progress thru processors Questions

Xtreme Addict

Progress thru processors Questions

So I'm doing the facebook Rosetta dealy but whats annoying me is that I can go to my account via http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/show_user.php?userid= and I see my name like my Real First and last name. Not so much a fan of that. Any idea how to change this. The dumbass thing (thanks Intel) doesn't give me a password to even sign in to change it or join a team or anything.
    i3 2100, MSI H61M-E33. 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws.
    MSI GTX 460 Twin Frozr II. 1TB Caviar Blue.
    Corsair HX 620, CM 690, Win 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I would suggest just running the regular BOINC client then, it's not that bad to deal with
    Once you've got it installed/configured there's no upkeep unless you want to add/remove projects, or upgrade the software once in a blue moon.

From what I can tell, the Intel/GridRepublic facebook app is designed for ease of installation/use so they can make the push into the group of people that wouldn't normally be interested, due to things like lack of knowledge or not wanting to install another software app. Basically it's just a fancy front-end wrapper with the publicity of being on facebook and a PR campaign, albeit at the expense of configurability, but whatever gets people involved is all that matters.