Thread: Raid Q

Xtreme Member
    Hi,

I have a gigabyte UD5 mobo.

I have 4 drives in a raid 10 array.
    If I was to remove the drives and also set the bios back to normal mode rather than RAID, can I put the 4 drives back and will the drives be remembered as been as a set?
    Or will the pairing be lost?
    I thought I only lost the drives been as a pair if I went onto the raid area and removed the pairing? But it's not somthing I want to go and do for the sake of a test I want to do unless i'm sure I will be able to return it to it's last state.

Also is it important to plug up the same HDD back to the same Sata port?
    Or will the raid bios be able to identify the drives ok (all 4 hdds are the same).

Thanks in advanced!

Also what'ss the better mode to use IDE or
    AHCI?
    Last edited by MonsterDK; 08-01-2009 at 03:31 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I've switched motherboards and still been able to use the same RAID 10 set so I would guess you can change interface modes no problem.

u will be fine, u can re enable raid and it will pick it back up so long as u dont write anything to the drives. u can plug them in cherever so long as they re on the same controller.

and ahci is like raid for a single drive, it has native command que and the other things that ide dosnt do
    Last edited by zanzabar; 08-01-2009 at 01:27 PM.
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Member
    thank you very much for your help folks