Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Westmere 32nm (6Cores 12T)*2

Xtreme Addict
    "Core 2" changed quite a bit with shrink from 65nm to 45nm.
    new instructions, more cache, faster divide etc...

Gulftown is just 32nm Nehalem with 6 cores and 12MB L3 (sounds very server'ish).
    Wondering what surprise minor improvements Gulftown has.

Very excited to see how Intel manages ~130W TDP with 6 cores (thats only ~20W per core!!)

24/7: A64 3000+ (\_/) @2.4Ghz, 1.4V
    1 GB OCZ Gold (='.'=) 240 2-2-2-5
    Giga-byte NF3 (")_(") K8NSC-939
    XFX 6800 16/6 NV5 @420/936, 1.33V

Banned
    Gulftown to Bloomfield is what Wolfdale was to Conroe. It has as much micro-architectural updates compared to it's 45nm brother as Wolfdale had compared to Conroe.

As for the TDP per core, your math is plain wrong. i7 has other parts of the logic which are dissipating heat, other than the cores. It is the L3, IMCs, NB, etc.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoulz View Post

Sweet! @ that^^ price I'll take 10 ...!
    i'll buy the other few million left in stock
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Xtreme Member
    Intel begins production of 32nm Westmere processors
    Were you so impressed by the reviews of Intel's latest Lynfield Core i7 chips that you ran out and paid the early-adopter premium to buy one? Your period of superiority hasn't lasted long, dear reader, with the company announcing initial production of 32nm processors has begun. It's taken many years (and a $7 billion manufacturing investment) to get these Westmere chips onto silicon, with the Clarkdale (desktop) and Arrandale (notebook) lines expected to start showing up in over-sized cardboard boxes before the end of the year. What's next for 45nm chips, like those new Lynnfields? A slow fade to obsolescence, as they're likely to be the last of the breed -- but they at least can take pride in knowing they were the king of their class; a class that resulted in a whopping 200 million sales. Check out the video after the break for a some silicon and cleanroom action.
    http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/14/i...sors/#comments

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by geo View Post
    Intel begins production of 32nm Westmere processors

http://www.engadget.com/2009/09/14/i...sors/#comments
    A link to the video, for the lazy people.

Video

Infor really ?and when it can sell ?

Xtreme Cruncher
    lol what a necro post. moniternvn, look at the date of the thread. it's also already available, i7-980X retails for about $1000 USD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    Is it an absolute necessity for all of you to call HOLY TREAD NECRO and whatnots EVERY time somebody revives a thread? It's not funny, it's like each time somebody posts in an old thread, you jump on it to be the first one to say it. Still, I understand this is the news thread and we need to stay on topic.

I mean, it's so rude, no need to always mention it..

Being a little more on topic, you answered about gulftown availability but not about westmere.. I can't really answer better but I wanted to let you know
    Last edited by metalop1g; 04-25-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by metalop1g View Post
    Is it an absolute necessity for all of you to call HOLY TREAD NECRO and whatnots EVERY time somebody revives a thread? It's not funny, it's like each time somebody posts in an old thread, you jump on it to be the first one to say it. Still, I understand this is the news thread and we need to stay on topic.

Being a little more on topic, you answered about gulftown availability but not about westmere.. I can't really answer better but I wanted to let you know

No bro... MANY people find it highly offensive to necro threads. Doing so is wrong.. plain & simple.

The offender(s) understands now, & probably will never do it again. But please don't dismiss it as funny! Why call out the educator and not the infractor..?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Xoulz View Post
    No bro... MANY people find it highly offensive to necro threads. Doing so is wrong.. plain & simple.

The offender(s) understands now, & probably will never do it again. But please don't dismiss it as funny! Why call out the educator and not the infractor..?
    Maybe we need a rule or something? It's not that I agree with the practice, it's tolerated but kind of annoying when it gets out of hand.

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by metalop1g View Post

yes, actually, if you look at the content of the person who necro'd the thread.

/closed.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456