Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATI Catalyst 10.4 Preview Information and Download

Xtreme Mentor

ATI Catalyst 10.4 Preview Information and Download

ATI Catalyst™ 10.4 Preview features:

The ATI Catalyst 10.4 Preview provides resolution for the following issue:

* Long load times for new maps in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when using an ATI Radeon HD 5xxx series graphics card

Note! This driver is provided as is and is not supported by AMD. It has not completed full AMD testing, and is only recommended for users experiencing the particular issue described above. This release is not supported by ATI Radeon™ HD5800 Eyefinity 6 series of products.

For detailed instructions on how to install the driver preview, refer to:

* Article GPU-33 for a Windows 7 based system
    * Article GPU-1 for a Windows Vista based system
    * Article GPU-2 for a Windows XP / Windows 2000 based system

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...-4-Hotfix.aspx

NooB MOD
    Why did this come out AFTER the 10.5 betas?
    Xtreme SUPERCOMPUTER
    Nov 1 - Nov 8 Join Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy Atreides View Post
    Intel is about to get athlon'd
    Athlon64 3700+ KACAE 0605APAW @ 3455MHz 314x11 1.92v/Vapochill || Core 2 Duo E8500 Q807 @ 6060MHz 638x9.5 1.95v LN2 @ -120'c || Athlon64 FX-55 CABCE 0516WPMW @ 3916MHz 261x15 1.802v/LN2 @ -40c || DFI LP UT CFX3200-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 SLI-DR || DFI LP UT NF4 Ultra D || Sapphire X1950XT || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 290MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v || 2x256MB G.Skill TCCD @ 350MHz 3-4-4-8 3.1v || 2x256MB Kingston HyperX BH-5 @ 294MHz 2-2-2-5 3.94v

I think they run two or three driver teams at the same time since it takes longer than a month to go through programming, testing, and validation.
    Particle's First Rule of Online Technical Discussion:
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

Random Tip o' the Whatever
    You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

Quote Originally Posted by onethreehill View Post
    ATI Catalyst™ 10.4 Preview features:

The ATI Catalyst 10.4 Preview provides resolution for the following issue:

* Long load times for new maps in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 when using an ATI Radeon HD 5xxx series graphics card

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now lets hope these work
    555x2 @ 4.2 / h50
    Crosshair 3 formula
    2x2g ripjaws
    5970, hx1000

I am Xtreme
    Yup, I am getting into servers for the 1st time in less then 10 seconds. During map rotation it's less then 5 seconds. This is with DX11.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    it says for 5xxx series only. I guess im SOL with my 4890?
    Corsair 700D
    Intel i7 920 @ 4.20|Asus P6T6 Revolution|G.Skill 6gb DDR3 1600|Zotac GTX480|Intel x-25-M 80GB x 2 / Raid0
    H2O
    |Perfecting the Obsidian series case. Build log to follow soon...|

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Penguin View Post
    it says for 5xxx series only. I guess im SOL with my 4890?
    Yes, until next week. It's not clear if it will be another preview driver or official driver but expect something by next week.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Addict
    Wait, so the long load times for all ATI GPU's is because of the driver?

Core i7 920 D0 B-batch (4.1) (Kinda Stable?) | DFI X58 T3eH8 (Fed up with its' issues, may get a new board soon) | Patriot 1600 (9-9-9-24) (for now) | XFX HD 4890 (971/1065) (for now) |
    80GB X25-m G2 | WD 640GB | PCP&C 750 | Dell 2408 LCD | NEC 1970GX LCD | Win7 Pro | CoolerMaster ATCS 840 {Modded to reverse-ATX, WC'ing internal}

CPU Loop: MCP655 > HK 3.0 LT > ST 320 (3x Scythe G's) > ST Res >Pump
    GPU Loop: MCP655 > MCW-60 > PA160 (1x YL D12SH) > ST Res > BIP 220 (2x YL D12SH) >Pump

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCain View Post
    From what I read it was something to do with DX11. But it's really unclear as nothing was said as to how it was fixed. Using DX9 loads about the same for me. Haven't tried DX10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Not much change here with the week-old betas. Maybe went from 45 seconds to 30. Game crashes a lot. Let's try these instead.
    As a thread about any computer related subject has its length approach infinity, the likelihood and inevitability of a poorly constructed AMD vs. Intel fight also exponentially increases.

Rule 1A:
    Likewise, the frequency of a car pseudoanalogy to explain a technical concept increases with thread length. This will make many people chuckle, as computer people are rarely knowledgeable about vehicular mechanics.

Rule 2:
    When confronted with a post that is contrary to what a poster likes, believes, or most often wants to be correct, the poster will pick out only minor details that are largely irrelevant in an attempt to shut out the conflicting idea. The core of the post will be left alone since it isn't easy to contradict what the person is actually saying.

Rule 2A:
    When a poster cannot properly refute a post they do not like (as described above), the poster will most likely invent fictitious counter-points and/or begin to attack the other's credibility in feeble ways that are dramatic but irrelevant. Do not underestimate this tactic, as in the online world this will sway many observers. Do not forget: Correctness is decided only by what is said last, the most loudly, or with greatest repetition.

Rule 3:
    When it comes to computer news, 70% of Internet rumors are outright fabricated, 20% are inaccurate enough to simply be discarded, and about 10% are based in reality. Grains of salt--become familiar with them.

Remember: When debating online, everyone else is ALWAYS wrong if they do not agree with you!

You just can't win. If your product offers feature A instead of B, people will moan how A is stupid and it didn't offer B. If your product offers B instead of A, they'll likewise complain and rant about how anyone's retarded cousin could figure out A is what the market wants.

I take that back. Tried another map and load times were drastically cut down to about 10 seconds or so.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Xtreme X.I.P.
    nice of ati to allow customers to alfa/beta test their drivers...
    smart move, makes q&a easier and faster for them and solves bugs faster for the customers...

they should have a unified feedback system though so they can gather feedback from these drivers faster and more efficiently...

Xtreme Member
    They work!
    PC-A04 | Z68MA-ED55 | 2500k | 2200+ XPG | 7970 | 180g 520 | 2x1t Black | X3 1000w

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChinStrap View Post
    They work!
    Good news, will download now a give them a go.

Edit: Just had a jam on BC2 map loading times are drastically reduced, by about 2/3 on my system.
    Last edited by V0id; 04-14-2010 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Results

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonelCain View Post
    Yes, all D3D10 or upper class hardware had this problem, meaning HD2000 Series and upwards. For HD5k Series is fixed now as it seems.

"We are going to hell, so bring your sunblock..."

Xtreme Addict
    ATi must really like BC2 since it seems that's the only thing they're updating drivers for now
    i7 920 @ 4GHz 1.25v
    GTX 470 @ 859MHz 1062mv

Quote Originally Posted by Helloworld_98 View Post
    ATi must really like BC2 since it seems that's the only thing they're updating drivers for now
    bc2 is the premier FPS right now, its also a driving force for buying new hardware on older systems

and the driver works on the hd4 they were just lazy about writing it up
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme Addict
    may be cause its an ati game
    Quote Originally Posted by LesGrossman View Post
    So for the last 3 months Nvidia talked about Uniengine and then Uniengine and more Uniengine and finally Uniengine. And then takes the best 5 seconds from all the benchmark run, makes a graph and then proudly shows it everywhere.

Xtreme Addict
    1 year from now, you can trow at trash your HD 5xxx, cause by then you'll see full support only for HD 6XXX.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oj101 View Post
    Why did this come out AFTER the 10.5 betas?
    10.5 are leaked Beta Drivers, you wont find them on AMD/ATI drivers site.
    Last edited by Heinz68; 04-15-2010 at 01:49 AM.
    Core i7-4930K LGA 2011 Six-Core - Cooler Master Seidon 120XL ? Push-Pull Liquid Water
    ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition LGA2011 - G.SKILL Trident X Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1866
    Sapphire R9 290X 4GB TRI-X OC in CrossFire - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
    Intel X25-M 160GB G2 SSD - WD Black 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6
    Corsair HX1000W PSU - Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R
    Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
    Sennheiser RS 180 - Cooler Master Cosmos S Case

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz68 View Post
    10.5 are leaked Beta Drivers, you wont find them on AMD/ATI drivers site.
    Yes you will, on 5'th month as in "Mai". The extension number represents each moth of this year. That's why ATi goes till 12 each year (as in 10.12 - then next year, in 2011 you'll se 11.1 same as this year, it went from 9.12 to 10.1 in January).

Xtreme Addict
    yep the 10.5 leaked are a newer 3d driver, but these are better, the 10.5 has reduced fps but with all the fixes, these have proper fps restored and all the load time and flashing/lines fixes. I also installed april7 profiles on top of them. freakin sweet...

oh and OMG an ATI game NOT THAT, to whoever posted that.
    Mpower Max | 4770k | H100 | 16gb Sammy 30nm 1866 | GTX780 SC | Xonar Essence Stx | BIC DV62si | ATH AD700 | 550d | AX850 | VG24QE | 840pro 256gb | 640black | 2tb | CherryReds | m60 | Func1030 |
    HEAT

Xtreme Addict
    This is more of a hotfix. I'm sure the official 10.4 drivers will have more fixes than this.
    "When in doubt, C-4!" -- Jamie Hyneman

Silverstone TJ-09 Case | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Intel Core i5 750 CPU | ASUS P7P55D PRO Mobo | OCZ 4GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon 5850 GPU | Intel X-25M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB HDD | Windows 7 x64 | NEC EA23WMi 23" Monitor |Auzentech X-Fi Forte Soundcard | Creative T3 2.1 Speakers | AudioTechnica AD900 Headphone |

AMD always focuses on quickly fixing/improving things with whatever is hottest at a given moment. BC2 is new and very popular. Unless you're upset that they're focusing on what they should logically focus on, I'm not sure what the point is.

Rule 1A:

Rule 2:

Rule 2A:

Rule 3:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast