Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TPB now blocked in the Netherlands

Mr. Boardburner

TPB now blocked in the Netherlands

It has finally happened. But not in Sweden. The Dutch RIAA/MPAA counterpart (BREIN) started a lawsuit against TPB almost right after the one in Sweden. Anyway, a Dutch judge decided that TBP should be blocked for all Dutch users at a penalty of €30k/day. It has to be offline within 10 days from now.

A Dutch judge making decisions over a foreign website with a foreign owner with a server located in a foreign country. Something really stinks here.

Source (in Dutch)

Translated

Don't shoot the messenger
    Last edited by Martijn; 07-30-2009 at 07:52 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Nice, so it seems that that my neighbor can order me to not put a tree on my ground, or not to play on xbox, because he want's that?
    RiG1: Ryzen 7 1700 @4.0GHz 1.39V, Asus X370 Prime, G.Skill RipJaws 2x8GB 3200MHz CL14 Samsung B-die, TuL Vega 56 Stock, Samsung SS805 100GB SLC SDD (OS Drive) + 512GB Evo 850 SSD (2nd OS Drive) + 3TB Seagate + 1TB Seagate, BeQuiet PowerZone 1000W

RiG2: HTPC AMD A10-7850K APU, 2x8GB Kingstone HyperX 2400C12, AsRock FM2A88M Extreme4+, 128GB SSD + 640GB Samsung 7200, LG Blu-ray Recorder, Thermaltake BACH, Hiper 4M880 880W PSU

SmartPhone Samsung Galaxy S7 EDGE
    XBONE paired with 55'' Samsung LED 3D TV

Xtreme Addict
    It's not been banned in germany, yet! It's not even blacklisted in google.de

I guess this thread will be closed soon, even sooner the typical legal/illegal-discussion will begin

OT: I'm always surprised how similar dutch is to our Plattdeutsch.
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

Theres a reason proxies exist...

Use foxyproxy for that domain only...

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Main Rig

Intel Core i7-2600K (SLB8W, E0 Stepping) @ 4.6Ghz (4.6x100), Corsair H80i AIO Cooler
    MSI Z77A GD-65 Gaming (MS-7551), v25 BIOS
    Kingston HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-19200 Kit (HX24C11BRK2/16-OC) @ 1.5v, 11-13-13-30 Timings (1:8 Ratio)
    8GB MSI Radeon R9 390X (1080 Mhz Core, 6000 Mhz Memory)
    NZXT H440 Case with NZXT Hue+ Installed
    24" Dell U2412HM (1920x1200, e-IPS panel)
    1 x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO (Boot & Install)
    1 x 2Tb Hitachi 7K2000 in External Enclosure (Scratch Disk)

Entertainment Setup

Samsung Series 6 37" 1080p TV
    Gigabyte GA-J1800N-D2H based media PC, Mini ITX Case, Blu-Ray Drive
    Netgear ReadyNAS104 w/4x2TB Toshiba DTACA200's for 5.8TB Volume size

I refuse to participate in any debate with creationists because doing so would give them the "oxygen of respectability" that they want.
    Creationists don't mind being beaten in an argument. What matters to them is that I give them recognition by bothering to argue with them in public.

Banned
    This is all hot air, you can fine all the peeps you want, but unless they are sitting on your soil, there is nothing you can do, he has no way to enfoece the 30K fine in any way, and TPB will laugh this off.

that is of course if they were still the TPB, but they are not, so there goes that fine

Xtreme Member
    Aren't the local ISPs supposed to be the ones to block TPB from being seen? If so, the fine would apply to them, no?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by adpr_02 View Post
    Aren't the local ISPs supposed to be the ones to block TPB from being seen? If so, the fine would apply to them, no?
    This, and how are the ISP's supposed to be responsible of what their users browse? It's not their job to do the babysitting, hence ISP's shouldn't do a thing. ...unless they are forced to. But still, refuse and resist!

Xtreme Addict
    There's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. :p
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    I am magical.

haha funny stuff. A foreign judge can't do squat. Seems like everybody is trying to take a chunk since the fluke in the courtroom with the TPB case.

"Prowler"
    X570 Tomahawk | R7 3700X | 2x16GB Klevv BoltX @ 3600MHz CL18 | Powercolor 6800XT Red Devil | Xonar DX 7.1 | 2TB Barracuda | 256GB & 512GB Asgard NVMe drives | 2x DVD & Blu-Ray opticals | EVGA Supernova 1000w G2

Cooling:

6x 140mm LED fans, 1x 200mm LED fan | Modified CoolerMaster Masterliquid 240

Asrock Z77 thread! | Asrock Z77 Extreme6 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4 Review | Asrock P67 Extreme4/6 Pro3 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread | Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Review | Asrock Z68 Gen3 Thread | 8GB G-Skill review | TK 2.ZERO homepage | P5Q series mBIOS thread
    Modded X570 Aorus UEFIs

Most ISP's here in Denmark have been blocking access to TPB since february, because of a court order against Sonofon last year.

Anyway it's a simple DNS block so if you use openDNS you can still access it.
    Core i7 920 D0
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5
    6GB Corsair Dominator 1600Mhz
    XFX GTX 275 Core Edition
    Corsair HX1000
    Coolermaster ATCS 840

I couldn't care less to be honest, because frankly TPB blows donkey balls. Usenet = win win.

Got to love BREIN. A company payed by our own tax money, that still thinks they can stop the whole piracy.. single handed. lulz
    ||

Xtreme Member
    Good, blocking that crap is a good start, but a better measure would be closing all public/private trackers that link to copyrighted stuff and prosecuting their owners.

Quote Originally Posted by lunat!c# View Post
    I couldn't care less to be honest, because frankly TPB blows donkey balls. Usenet = win win.

Got to love BREIN. A company payed by our own tax money, that still thinks they can stop the whole piracy.. single handed. lulz
    It says a lot about a person's intelligence when they use retarded memes like lulz, epic win, epic fail, noob, owned and so on. Usually when I encounter such retarded in a post I disregard anything that poster has to say.
    Last edited by azraeel101; 08-01-2009 at 02:02 AM.
    the state is universally evil, there is no good country only good people

xtreme energy
    azraeel101, be real sales will barely increase if you close all trackers. In the worst case we might come back to pirated CDs/DVDs at the local market like it was 10 years ago Besides things such as encryption, private social groups online etc. etc. exist so piracy is unlikely to be stopped ever.

Also ISPs here protect consumer interests cause if they don't download stuff people have no use for high speed Internet and ISPs lose clients/money

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kai Robinson View Post

Quote Originally Posted by azraeel101 View Post
    It says a lot about a person's intelligence when they use retarded memes like lulz, epic win, epic fail, noob, owned and so on. Usually when I encounter such retarded in a post I disregard anything that poster has to say.
    is that called Romanian humor? Some would see the above as a personal attack, frankly I couldn't care less.
    Last edited by lunat!c#; 07-31-2009 at 10:39 AM.
    ||

I am Xtreme
    A Dutch judge making decisions over a foreign website with a foreign owner with a server located in a foreign country. Something really stinks here.
    your statement really shows off your lack of mental age and reasoning. - sorry dude, but it does.

that has nothing to do with a local judge making judgments against a foreign anything. they have made no judgements against the site, they have blocked it, big deal, get a new illegal download site.
    thats like saying your government doesnt have the right to make drugs illegal because they are made in a foreign country.

bullsh|t..

the governement has the right to do anything they please, its the government, and if you dont like it move or vote them out.
    if you dont like them blocking this one site, then stop illegally downloading stuff that warrants your anger about the site being blocked.
    and use a differernt site for fvcks sake.

wahhhwahhhhwahhhh.. someone call the waahhhhmbulance
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback

Xtreme Addict
    Good, blocking that crap is a good start, but a better measure would be closing all public/private trackers that link to copyrighted stuff and prosecuting their owners.

Do you always post bile or save it up for users of this forum?
    Workstation:
    3960X | 32GB G.Skill 2133 | Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    3*EVGA GTX580 HC2 3GB | 3*Dell U3011
    4*Crucial M4 256GB R0 | 6*3TB WD Green R6
    Areca 1680ix-24 + 4GB | 2*Pioneer BDR-205 | Enermax Plat 1500W
    Internal W/C | PC-P80 | G19 | G700 | G27
    Destop Audio:
    Squeezebox Duet | Beresford TC-7520 Caiman modded | NAD M3 | MA RX8 | HD650 | ATH-ES7
    Man Cave:
    PT-AT5000E | TXP65VT30 | PR-SC5509 | PA-MC5500 | MA GX300*2, GXFX*4, GXC350 | 2*BK Monolith+
    Gaming on the go:
    Alienware M18x
    i7 2920XM | 16GB DDR3 1600
    2*6990 | WLED 1080P
    2*Crucial M4 256GB | BD-RW
    BT 375 | Intel 6300 | 330W PSU

2011 Audi R8 V10 Ibis White ABT Tuned - 600HP

Mr. Boardburner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
    your statement really shows off your lack of mental age and reasoning. - sorry dude, but it does.
    Thank you, I was merely saying what I thought about it. Keep in mind that I use newsgroups and that downloading media is completely legal in this country as long as it is for private use. That might put it in a little more perspective.

that has nothing to do with a local judge making judgments against a foreign anything. they have made no judgements against the site, they have blocked it, big deal, get a new illegal download site.
    thats like saying your government doesnt have the right to make drugs illegal because they are made in a foreign country.

bullsh|t..
    Like I said, downloading is VERY legal here. That makes the website legal and thus they shouldn't be interfering. Also, BREIN isn't even a government section, it is no more than a group of people than XS is.

the governement has the right to do anything they please, its the government, and if you dont like it move or vote them out.
    if you dont like them blocking this one site, then stop illegally downloading stuff that warrants your anger about the site being blocked.
    and use a differernt site for fvcks sake.
    True, but this isn't the government speaking here. Again, downloading is fully legal here.

wahhhwahhhhwahhhh.. someone call the waahhhhmbulance
    What did you say?
    Hmm, that tends gets me thinking.

I said this as well in my first post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    Don't shoot the messenger

I would be very pleased if you did a little more research before making statements like these. Also, I don't really like being called a child without there being some decent arguments. Maybe in some ways it is true and I wouldn't care if you backed it up, but you hit a sensitive spot here right now. I don't want to be rude, and I don't think you should be either. Thanks
    Last edited by Martijn; 07-31-2009 at 11:38 AM.
    Main rig:
    CPU: I7 920C0 @ 3.6Ghz (180*20)
    Mobo: DFI UT X58 T3eH8
    RAM: 12GB OCZ DDR3-1600 Platinum
    GPU/LCD: GeForce GTX280 + GeForce 8600GTS (Quad LCDs)
    Intel X25-M G2 80GB, 12TB storage
    PSU/Case: Corsair AX850, Silverstone TJ07

Xtreme Member
    Title is misleading, I can still access TPB, we'll see in 9 days if anything changes though..
    Quote Originally Posted by Manicdan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by informal View Post
    It was shown alright.Charlie was right .
    hes only have as bad as a broken clock, whos right 2x a day.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Censorship of any kind is a slippery slope.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 3NZ0 View Post
    Do you always post bile or save it up for users of this forum?
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by Martijn View Post
    Like I said, downloading is VERY legal here.
    just fyi it's not "downloading", it's plain stealing (like shoplifting)

Quote Originally Posted by HotGore View Post
    Censorship of any kind is a slippery slope.
    quick let's legalize child :banana::banana::banana::banana: so that forums user HotGore can stop feeling the evils of censorship!

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Gentlemen:
    Lets try and be a bit more civil to one another ok?
    Thanks.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Mentor
    why don't they just close it and name it Pyratebay, or something...
    New site, new company, new case need building... byebye :p
    Quote Originally Posted by LexDiamonds View Post
    Anti-Virus software is for n00bs.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    yes

just fyi it's not "downloading", it's plain stealing (like shoplifting)

quick let's legalize child :banana::banana::banana::banana: so that forums user HotGore can stop feeling the evils of censorship!
    Yes that is exactly what I meant. Everytime you download a song illegally you are doing the same as raping a child, taking pictures and distributing them.

Exactly the same.

FYI I have 460gb of TV, 313gb of movies, 366gb of games, 47.2gb of music. I am sure you can guess how I got them. I hope this makes your blood boil.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast