Thread: Coretemp vs Realtemp

Xtreme Enthusiast

Coretemp vs Realtemp

Whats more accurate?

I have a 3ghz OC'd e6600 and core says im at around 40 idle while realtemp says im around 45 idle.

I am Xtreme
    I would trust realtemp more, Uncleweb has gone trough great lengths to determine real Tjcasemax. Either way them 5°C difference ain't gonna mean much do they... Idle temps don't interest me, load temps are far more important... (coretemp uses a different Tjcasemax offset prolly for your CPU)
    Last edited by Leeghoofd; 08-28-2009 at 05:02 PM.
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

i've got the same values both in coretemp and realtemp with my quad core
    CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.4GHz (Turbo Mode) Mobo: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 Air Cooler: Scythe Mine 2
    GPU: MSI Radeon HD6870 Twin Frozr II RAM: G.Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBXL PSU: OCZ Fatal1ty 550W
    Case: Antec Twelve Hundred OS: Windows 7 64-bit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    I use both but favor core-temp for the G-15 read out. But i talked to Uncleweb and he says he will work on adding it for the G-15 in a later release. Then i will switch to it then. But both read the same way but realtemp will allow you to log the data from it and you can read it later.

Xtreme Member
    KILLER_K if you're a RivaTuner user you can use RealTemp plugin for RivaTuner and send data to your G15.

breathemetal try to rely on distance to TJMax because this is the only value that matter for your CPU thermal behavior (throttle/thermal shutdown).
    If it ain't broke... fix it until it is.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by burebista View Post
    KILLER_K if you're a RivaTuner user you can use RealTemp plugin for RivaTuner and send data to your G15.
    Yes, me a and Uncleweb done discussed this. Just i really don't need or use rivatuner for anything i need. So i will just wait for Uncleweb to make it port straight to the G-15.

You can use just the "RTCore.dll" and it will port to the G-15 though. I may give it a try later on today. So you don't need rivatuner running also.

All this was from Uncleweb, and thanks to him again for the time to help and answer my questions.