Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Everything You Need To Know About World Community Grid/BOINC

Xtreme Legend
    If you want to maximise your output on WCG then don't run gpu as it uses core time some and cannot be used on WCG. That said, if you want to help out on the GPUGrid team for the week too then any nVidia gtx 260-216 or later would be most welcome..... at the cost of up to maybe 25% of one core/thread (I guess)

My Biggest Fear Is When I die, My Wife Sells All My Stuff For What I Told Her I Paid For It.
    79 SB threads and 32 IB Threads across 4 rigs 111 threads Crunching!!

Just a quick question, about how long for things to update?

Only WCG shows on Free DC for me - the GPUgrid stuff isn't there yet (got around 11k showing on GPUgrid site).

Am i missing some kind of profile setting or does it take a few days to all catch up?

EDIT: Ignore me - just as I post this it shows up... typical
    Last edited by Chickenman; 04-25-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I'm up and running but task manager cpu usage looks like steep sloped square wave instead of all cores 100%???

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaganII View Post
    I'm up and running but task manager cpu usage looks like steep sloped square wave instead of all cores 100%???
    Open Boinc manager, then on the left clicj "My grid" and it will take you to your WCG page.
    Go thru all your settings one by one.
    Tune it to what you want it to do.
    Thanks for helping!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Yep, woke up in the middle of the night thinking it was throttling but ambients are 20F cooler this year (AC!).
    CPU was set to default 65%. Going full blast now.

Edit: 5/3/11
    #3 computer died last night due to windows activation BS Got errors and now WCG won't give it any work.
    Suggestions?
    Update: Solved, renamed computer after stabilizing, reinstalled WCG and now have plenty work.
    Last edited by PaganII; 05-03-2011 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Update

Not Yours!
    Any one knows why my "pending validation" suddenly shot up from 12 pages to 22 since yesterday and my points are dropping down the same time?

Had one rig down for 1,5 hrs while switching CPU, my buddy's Classified 760 did not accept the Xeon W3570 so we swapped it with my i7 970 cause my P6T7 Supercomputer had no issues with the Xeon.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mydog View Post
    Any one knows why my "pending validation" suddenly shot up from 12 pages to 22 since yesterday and my points are dropping down the same time?

Had one rig down for 1,5 hrs while switching CPU, my buddy's Classified 760 did not accept the Xeon W3570 so we swapped it with my i7 970 cause my P6T7 Supercomputer had no issues with the Xeon.
    It's the weekend and MANY machines on WCG are Mon-Fri only unfortunately..
    Don't worry, they will validate this week and your points will go back up..
    Think of them as "money in the bank"
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Not Yours!
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    It's the weekend and MANY machines on WCG are Mon-Fri only unfortunately..
    Don't worry, they will validate this week and your points will go back up..
    Think of them as "money in the bank"
    To bad I don't get any intrest on them then

Not Yours!
    Just discovered that I got 2-two pages of inconclusives on top of the still growing pending validation list now at 28 full pages, also got five errored WU's but they are from all the rigs and of the same project(Human Proteome Folding - Phase 2).

Xtreme Cruncher
    For a few weeks I have been getting many errors, invalids and inconclusive on multiple machines, most that have had no changes. Some of the error WUs and inconclusives had the same result from wingman but not all. I am used to an occasional error or invalid and all these, sometimes several pages of them, has had me upset. I started a thread on it. One machine was a particular problem but I had installed new CPU that required a BIOS update. Assuming that was the problem but got 2 more errors on it today and 2 more on another machine. Pretty much all projects, C4CW, HCC, HFC and DSL have been involved.

I dunno what is going on.

Not Yours!
    The errors I get on HPFP2 are all within one sec. and I think I recall that Dave said that project was bull.
    The inconclusive ones I don't like at all nor the fact that I seem to put more wu's in the "bank" and my dail output keeps dropping due to this.
    I belive my rigs are all stable, they have been crunching/folding for months without any issues.

I now have four more rigs ready to crunch but we are having what an "indian summer" here with temps over 25C so I'm waiting for cooler weather, forcast for next week are from 2C up to 15C.

Xtreme crazy bastid
    The problem with the HPF projects isn't the work so much as the guy in charge. It's a long story I won't go into here.
    The units going into pending will eventually come out, they are not lost. It can take a week for your output to level out when you start and there is ALWAYS a period at the beginning where your output drops after you add in a project with a validation quorum like HPF. If you stick with it for about a week it will level out and your points output will come back up. Also, units that error out within one second are most likely nothing to do with your machines and should be ignored.
    WCG is not a project you should try to micro-manage. Just pick the sub-projects that appeal to you, make sure your gear is stable and well maintained and let it go.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    I never had problems with HPFP2 on Linux but did on Vista. I am not running it now. I do not know why there are so many inconclusives, I guess it is because I have had so many errors except machine that have not had any errors are getting inconclusives too. While it seems many of what I see are not my fault it is hard to figure out what is a problem on my end when it has been so many and no real patterns. One machine would go 2 days to a week with no errors, then a bunch of errors. Reboot and no errors for 2 days to a week then a bunch. Then another machine started doing the same thing??????

I just would like to know what is going on if there is something I need to fix.

Not Yours!
    Got 3 more errors today all HPF and on different rigs so I think I'll drop that project all together.
    Pending is dropping fast, four pages and thats good

Xtreme Cruncher
    Is there any other way of checking monthly production than on free-dc? Last updated month is January in my case... I added few new hosts recently (16 threads) and wanted to see how it compares to my "peak" from 2010.
    SB 2600K
    MSI P67A-GD65

8GB 1600/CL8
    GTX580
    64GB SSD
    4TB
    Xonar DX
    BeQuiet Straight Power 680W sleeved
    in
    Cosmos 1000, modded
    TC PA120.3+XSPC RX240mm+XSPC RASA+DDC1T+OCLabs top+EK Multioption 150+ EK-FC580

Xtreme crazy bastid
    The stats on the WCG site go back to the day you joined. You can set many days to display per page and take it from there.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    I can do similar on free-dc and add using calculator last 28 days which are always displayed. But I want to see monthly cummulative score as at the bottom of my profile page on free-dc. The data in this plot is only until January. I already know that in March I will hit my highest monthly score (did the math with calculator...).
    SB 2600K
    MSI P67A-GD65

8GB 1600/CL8
    GTX580
    64GB SSD
    4TB
    Xonar DX
    in
    Cosmos 1000, modded

Xtreme Member
    I don't know about getting to see that on the Free-DC site but I just did a quick check and you can copy all your data off the WCG site, save it as a text file, then move that data to a spreadsheet and chart it yourself.

Xtreme Cruncher
    ... and this is soooo much work
    JK, will do that later.
    SB 2600K
    MSI P67A-GD65

8GB 1600/CL8
    GTX580
    64GB SSD
    4TB
    Xonar DX
    in
    Cosmos 1000, modded

Nanoseconds from Permaban
    Quote Originally Posted by ggdh View Post
    Is there any other way of checking monthly production than on free-dc? Last updated month is January in my case... I added few new hosts recently (16 threads) and wanted to see how it compares to my "peak" from 2010.
    Try this link when you are logged into WCG as yourself. You can get to this by going to your WCG My Grid and scroll down to where is says 14 records. Look for this:

Does the weak account key in your WCG account allow someone to use that as a password?

Xtreme Member
    No. Some one that has your weak key can only attach computers to your account.

And when you change your password for WCG, your weak key should change too. And the old weak key stops working.
    So you are the only one with full control over your account.
    Last edited by Rob_B; 03-28-2012 at 10:18 AM.

Ok, so how do I have someone attach to my project. Do I just give them my username and my weak key and they can plug that into the BOINC client and start crunching?

Xtreme Member
    Only the weak key.

Have a look at this post from Bobsama. http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...=1#post5054807

You have to change the weak key ofcourse and maybe the location of the Boinc folder.
    The first one worked perfect form me on Windows.

Just joined today, now I need to find out what to do to participate in Supercomputer Week: May 1-7 2012, or is it just automatic so long as the machine is on and the software active ?
    It's not relevant that I joined with a username different from the forum is it ?
    Excellent Guide to K10 Clocking Features,http://www.ocia.net/articles/k10overclock/page2.shtml

Asus Crosshair IV Formula
    AMD Phenom x6 1090TBE @ 4.03GHZ - 20 C @ idle
    IAS 9211-4i Hardware SAS SATA RAID Controller
    Cooling Switech H20-220 Ultima XT Plus
    RAM Mushkin Blackline 8GB @1600 7.6.7.15.1T
    PSU Tagan BZ900
    Sapphire Radeon 6870 - Liquid Cooled 28 C @ idle
    Samsung F1 1 Terrabyte x2 2TB RAID 0 Array
    Samsung F3 x2 - 2 terra in RAID 0 4 terra array
    Liteon iHS524 x3
    Cooler Master HAF 932 case

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425 LastLast