Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: "Bits power" (without the space) is censored

Xtreme Cruncher
    RRR is a kid with a big mouth behind his monitor, just ignore that kid.

One word to sum up that site: PATHETIC
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post

I'm running out to the door for some girl's birthday party,
    Don't forget to bring your guns... in case you get shot and raped.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Is sidewinder going to get censored as well?

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    Don't forget to bring your guns... in case you get shot and raped.
    I'm strapped and wearing my classiest kevlar. Now the whole being raped bit.. there are some hot women going out tonight that I'd let have their way with me

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    what si wrong with Bananas ? I love them, especially when they do crazy stuff

Xtreme Cruncher
    lol i'm quite impressed but how many so called "adults" can act like little junior high girls. quite entertaining, but i think this case crossed the line

anyways, mods can you please take off the censored B*P? this is the fault of only a few individuals, but the whole forum has to pay for it and most will not see this thread or know where it's coming from. those dancing bananas are funny and cute at first, but now it's just annoying. like how you mods said, it's the people, not the product. ok so vince was banned already, but B*P is the PRODUCT, so why censor it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    At that point, I took it upon myself to notify the vendors who support that site - whether officially or by allowing their names to be on the banner - that I would not be purchasing from them in the future. This hurts me more than them, as it limits my selections. But, it is a matter of principle. A miniscule impact on their business, but I didn't know what else I could do. I'm NOT calling for a group boycott of any particular vendors, just stating what I've done.
    shazza, welcome to the club. While I've not notified any of the companies involved, I've had my own little quiet boycott going since Jan. of this year. I happened to mention that I had "personal issues" with one of the vendors in an older topic and it drew a lot more attention than I thought it would, I wound up answering something like 10 PM's on the matter. Some respectfully went on their way without a reply after I explained, others responded and said they could understand my point of view but did nothing, 2-3 decided to join me and 1 (yes 1) shot back a fiery PM that ended in "IGNORED", that 1 person was a "supposed friend" who is now banned from XS.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hopefully you guys are being very careful when you're handing out bans to people who simply have an account over there... I don't like that one bit...

Obviously I'm not banned, but it could have easily happened given I've been a member there for over 6 months.

As far as Vincent goes, banning him demonstrates an acute cluelessness about how sponsorship and advertising often work unless there's something FAR bigger behind the scenes... Any company can advertise with anyone. That doesn't mean their reps are best buds with the admins of the site...
    Last edited by LinusTech; 07-25-2009 at 05:50 PM.
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Linus@ncix View Post
    Hopefully you guys are being very careful when you're handing out bans to people who simply have an account over there... I don't like that one bit...

Obviously I'm not banned, but it could have easily happened given I've been a member there for over 6 months.

Did you read the previous posts carefully? As far as i know, bans are hand out to the people who have account over there and causes trouble at here only.

Xtreme Member
    i dont want to start trouble, as i am discussing it with someone

But some would disagree. Many were banned, some having absolutely no correlation with the problem and are even good active members here
    Gaming: Antec 1200|Antec Signature 850|Maximus II Formula|Q9550 (stock atm)|4GB Corsair Dominator 1066|EVGA 9800GX2|WD 640AAKS

Workstations(x3): Antec P182|Antec Signature 650|Asus P5Q Deluxe|4GB G-Skill DDR2800|1GB Sapphire 4870|19" WS and 30" monitor

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bail_w View Post
    Did you read the previous posts carefully? Bans are hand out to the people who have account over there and causes trouble at here only.
    Vincent caused trouble?

I don't have any personal friends that I've met or that I engage with exclusively via this site, so I have little to no vested interest in such petty things as who got banned from where and why. It's all kinda ridiculous (and I don't care who started it).

But I really don't like seeing a good guy like Vincent banned unless there's some compelling reason for it. And to me his company being a paid sponsor of the site does NOT mean he's personally involved in any of this.
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Xtreme Cruncher
    Vincent caused trouble?
    Apparently, it seems that way. As to why, maybe someone else can answer that.

Banned Movieman...
    from what i can see all the trouble he cause was his logo on RRR's forum.
    Last edited by stangracin3; 07-25-2009 at 06:01 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Apparently, it seems that way. As to why, maybe someone else can answer that.
    Well I suppose it's not my place to question how this site is run and why.

This whole thing seems a little melodramatic to me though, and clearly the ban on the words instead of quietly deleting posts and banning select members isn't helping anything because then you create threads like this.

/$0.02

Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    stangracin3 / SparkyJJO / ownage / SoulsCollective / faster3200 / [XC] riptide

we are being called out by RR

and yes RR i know your reading this i will be visiting your house in a minute
    Seriously? I'm being called out? Wow I had no idea I was that important

Now that I've had time to think over this stuff some more I say ignore them. So they think we're a bunch of idiots. Well we know who really has attitude issues so why not let them be and glory in their own self-importance
    If members over there drop in here and cause trouble, ban said members. But other than that, leave them swim in their own mudbath.
    Last edited by Sparky; 07-25-2009 at 06:16 PM.
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

V3 Xeons coming soon!

As far as Vincent goes, banning him demonstrates an acute cluelessness about how sponsorship and advertising often work unless there's something FAR bigger behind the scenes... Any company can advertise with anyone. That doesn't mean their reps are best buds with the admins of the site...
    Linus: Did you bother to read my post #71?
    The people that were banned were because of hate posts aimed at this site so how would that effect you in any way?
    As to Vincent, read the above. This had nothing to do with his company and their advertisements there but with the individual so please, stop the drama ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverion77 View Post
    i dont want to start trouble, as i am discussing it with someone

But some would disagree. Many were banned, some having absolutely no correlation with the problem and are even good active members here
    Not true, I made the list based on posts I saw there.
    Hate post, name on list.. no hate post, no name on list.
    That simple.
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Engineering The Xtreme
    now.... how to remove these logos on my fittings, shall I post a tutorial when I figure it out?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Linus: Did you bother to read my post #71?
    The people that were banned were because of hate posts aimed at this site so how would that effect you in any way?
    As to Vincent, read the above. This had nothing to do with his company and their advertisements there but with the individual so please, stop the drama ok?
    Yes I did read it, and I'd love to know what a "hate post" is, but that's really nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make.

This is an overreaction. Think about it this way: It's like blocking "NCIX" because I posted something anti-XS on some random forum somewhere. It's ridiculous.

And if it had nothing to do with the company, then their trade name (including its punctuated form) wouldn't be blocked here.

Engineering The Xtreme
    Yes I did read it, and I'd love to know what a "hate post" is, but that's really nothing to do with the point I'm trying to make.

This is an overreaction. Think about it this way: It's like blocking "NCIX" because I posted something anti-XS on some random forum somewhere. It's ridiculous.

And if it had nothing to do with the company, then their trade name (including its punctuated form) wouldn't be blocked here.
    clearly you haven't read the bigotry and hate that is posted on that forum, you would know clearly what a hate-post is.

EDIT: its one thing to be anti-XS, its another to be anti-american and anti-freedom by device of your words and actions, freedom of speech in america was not created so that people could be racist and spread hate.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by SNiiPE_DoGG View Post
    now.... how to remove these logos on my fittings, shall I post a tutorial when I figure it out?
    If it's electrochemical etching, good luck. The only cure for that IIRC is to sand down until it's gone and in the case of B*P. . .re-plate.
    Circles SucQ!

If your annoyed by sigs telling you to put things in your sig, then put this in your sig

Bribery won't work on me...just say NO to AT!!!

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by stangracin3 View Post
    stangracin3 / SparkyJJO / ownage / SoulsCollective / faster3200 / [XC] riptide

we are being called out by RR
    Um...what? Why? I don't think it's particularly worth it to register an account just to look at a single thread, now that guests can't view.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Cruncher

This have been going on for a couple months already, something is need to be done. Overrecated? perhaps, but if this is the necessary action to put an end to this, why not?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    This have been going on for a couple months already, something is need to be done. Overrecated? perhaps, but if this is the necessary action to put an end to this, why not?
    I've had a chance to read through his posting history over there and I don't see anything unusual.

Unlike me, Saaya, and some of the other more "casual" company-affiliated people around here, Vincent is all business both on this site and on RRR.

Every one of his posts is an ETA, a new product, or a direct response to a question about him or his company's products.

Like I've said though, I MUST not know the whole story about Vincent, but even if it's something he personally did, I feel that blocking the name of the company he works for is like killing a mosquito with a nuclear warhead.

EDIT: Got Vincent on MSN right now and he seems as confused as I am as to why he's been banned. He's been a very positive contributor around here for a long time and you guys OWE him an explanation at the very least...
    Last edited by LinusTech; 07-25-2009 at 10:23 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    EDIT: Got Vincent on MSN right now and he seems as confused as I am as to why he's been banned. He's been a very positive contributor around here for a long time and you guys OWE him an explanation at the very least...
    If i am Vincent, I would be confused as well too.

Oh ya, Xtremesystems does not owe anyone an explanation. He gets one if someone feels like giving him one.
    Last edited by Bail_w; 07-25-2009 at 11:16 PM.

Xtreme Member
    I may be a new member here and may not mean much coming from me, but this saddens me that XS would continue this drama by filtering out a company name just because they advertise on someone else's site.

I know they have hurt your pride/ego, but just let it go and move on.....XS banning company names just shows them that they have something on you. You are stooping to their level of drama.

I do hope everything gets sorted out in the end. Good luck.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast