Page 181 of 217 FirstFirst ... 81131171178179180181182183184191 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,525 of 5414

Thread: XS HWBot Team

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I think setLOD needs .NET framework (don't know which version) to be installed.
    if you are using an ATI you can try this: http://mafio.host56.com/ati-driver-tweaker/

Pie assassin
    setlod

Quote Originally Posted by Mafio View Post
    I think setLOD needs .NET framework (don't know which version) to be installed.
    if you are using an ATI you can try this: http://mafio.host56.com/ati-driver-tweaker/
    tool looks nice. I will play around with it this weekend thanks!
    Current Status - Testing & Research

Xtreme Guru
    Hey team, I have a question. I can't seem to get any board to power on with this 3770k. Ive tried it in my mvg and ud3h and its the same thing. Board lights up, i hit the power button and it immediately powers off. I thought it was the psu but I tried 2 psus and same thing occurs. I contacted intel and they will give me an rma. I just want to know if there is anything else I should try before tossing in the towel.
    I tried single stick of ram and several different slots, differnt ram, 1066, 1333, etc. cleared cmos. tried just ram, cpu and vga. same thing. the cpu looks totally fine underneath and both sockets looks fine. I dont know what the hell happened?

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    Hey team, I have a question. I can't seem to get any board to power on with this 3770k. Ive tried it in my mvg and ud3h and its the same thing. Board lights up, i hit the power button and it immediately powers off. I thought it was the psu but I tried 2 psus and same thing occurs. I contacted intel and they will give me an rma. I just want to know if there is anything else I should try before tossing in the towel.
    I tried single stick of ram and several different slots, differnt ram, 1066, 1333, etc. cleared cmos. tried just ram, cpu and vga. same thing. the cpu looks totally fine underneath and both sockets looks fine. I dont know what the hell happened?
    Sounds, looks and smells like a dead cpu, so your on the right path, just wait for the replacement
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
    Sounds, looks and smells like a dead cpu, so your on the right path, just wait for the replacement
    It has to be the cpu. What are the odds both boards are dead at the same time? With my luck anything is possible. I have a 3rd 1155 board at work I can try tomorrow just to be sure but I think its the cpu.
    Its strange because Ive killed cpu's in the past and my experience has been fans start up and run for a bit and then it powers off. this just powers off as soon as i hit the power button. I doubt this was a golden chip so maybe I'll get one on the turnaround. Does intel have some extra warranty no questions asked deal with cpus? I saw a thread a while back about something like that. You pay extra and if something happens they replace it?
    Last edited by trans am; 09-20-2012 at 03:28 PM.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    It has to be the cpu. What are the odds both boards are dead at the same time? With my luck anything is possible. I have a 3rd 1155 board at work I can try tomorrow just to be sure but I think its the cpu.
    Its strange because Ive killed cpu's in the past and my experience has been fans start up and run for a bit and then it powers off. this just powers off as soon as i hit the power button. I doubt this was a golden chip so maybe I'll get one on the turnaround. Does intel have some extra warranty no questions asked deal with cpus? I saw a thread a while back about something like that. You pay extra and if something happens they replace it?
    Yes but you don't want to pay extra for that, just wait, they are usually quick if they are in stock.
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Guru
    Yes but you don't want to pay extra for that, just wait, they are usually quick if they are in stock.
    okay, thanks buddy. I hope you guys are well. I'm gonna go play some HL black mesa mod. see if I can figure out how to get the damn elevator to work.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    okay, thanks buddy. I hope you guys are well. I'm gonna go play some HL black mesa mod. see if I can figure out how to get the damn elevator to work.
    Good stuff, I will be playing a bit of 01 tonight I think

I can't believe they actually released/leaked HL Black Mesa Mod, thought it was vaporware for sure lol
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme Guru
    if you are gonna bench 01 please set up the tripod and take some video for me. i wanna see you in action.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    if you are gonna bench 01 please set up the tripod and take some video for me. i wanna see you in action.
    Haha would love to but my connection does not allow this, unfortunately pics is about it
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme 3D Team
    @loud what did you say the 8150 you sent me did on water? 5.5?
    Do you know if it was all cores or just one?

Monday I think I'm gonna get LN2.
    Smile

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    @loud what did you say the 8150 you sent me did on water? 5.5?
    Do you know if it was all cores or just one?

Monday I think I'm gonna get LN2.
    You know I am not sure, as one of my friends did it, and he is a noob so I have no idea if it was all cores or just one, probably all though.

Just try it
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme 3D Team
    You know I am not sure, as one of my friends did it, and he is a noob so I have no idea if it was all cores or just one, probably all though.

Just try it
    5.5 is decent on all cores, scaling seems to be about air/water + 2 GHz. If one, beats mine, if all then maybe 7.5+ GHz chip
    Smile

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    5.5 is decent on all cores, scaling seems to be about air/water + 2 GHz. If one, beats mine, if all then maybe 7.5+ GHz chip
    Have you tested it on air/water yourself?
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Pshh no, unless I throw it into this machine with a UD5 in it and sh*t PSU...only time I used it was during memory stage team cup.
    I'm not busy tomorrow, I mean I haven't slept yet and it's 4:15 AM...when I wake up I'll go ahead and throw a rig together with the Crosshair board.

I've had the flu for two weeks and has developed into bronchitis, having trouble talking lately without pain.
    Smile

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    tested some different LOD values for 01

this run was looking good until I realized half way through I forgot to enable the 01 tweak in the bios

got a new 3226B988 to test tonight

ps those mem clocks were with a mere 1.8v, I am still waiting for some resistors to get here to hopefully fix my memory issue.
    Last edited by l0ud_sil3nc3; 09-25-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    gskillllin it!

The OC Formula is looking really great, I saw they included memory profiles in their latest BIOS version, that's very good.

45.6k in 06 is nice too!

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    The OC Formula is looking really great, I saw they included memory profiles in their latest BIOS version, that's very good.

45.6k in 06 is nice too!
    Ya that chip was chit as well, 6.2XX 4c 8t and does not like high voltage, though it does run 32M 4c 8t at 1.4v and I figured out some weird way to get around q code 23 on the Z77 OC Formula, that works every time.

So all you need to do is walk it up in steps, i.e. set bclk >106 with memory at one divider lower, then reboot and set memory to proper divider i.e. 2600+, but if you try and go directly to 2600+, at least on this chip, I would 00 then 23 like it could not run that frequency which is crazy because the same settings were 32M stable. Crazy ivy chips lol

I will do a quick run with a GTX 680 Lightning and try to improve on that score tomorrow, just doing some reading on Keplar clocking
    Last edited by l0ud_sil3nc3; 09-26-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme 3D Team
    derp, was unable to get LN2 because others did not want to get it for me. AirGas 35 minutes away, close at 4:30, not good when I get home just before 4.

Have had lots of homework and had two computers to repair too...

Oh, and I'm going to talk to my Comp-tia A+ / Cisco CCNA teacher if I can hold an LN2 OC demo at school some time. None of the kids will get into this kind of stuff, but they might find it interesting to look at.

Bench room/entertainment room is a mess, so gotta clean up too to make space again, my brother's computer sitting where I had previously been benching.
    Smile

hi guys !!!

i posted some new benchmarks not at my max but i wanted to be there, and damn i made a 3000+ mem shot air and didnt do the CPUID validation god...will do again lol

cheers to the great team !!!
    Sergio
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by andressergio View Post
    hi guys !!!

i posted some new benchmarks not at my max but i wanted to be there, and damn i made a 3000+ mem shot air and didnt do the CPUID validation god...will do again lol

cheers to the great team !!!
    Sergio
    Hey andres

If you need any tips for efficiency or anything else just let us know, too
    Smile

Hey andres

If you need any tips for efficiency or anything else just let us know, too
    Thanks Beep i have to get an SSD for benchmark as all i post its on my only PC wich is a movie server for wife and kid and games but i have good stuff and sometimes i crap out install lol

my both reference GTX680's are very good they do +195/+545 air
    my 3770K boots water at 2933CL11-13-13-35 1T@ 1.725 vdimm
    and the RAM GSkill TridentX 2800 are awesome
    and the M5F is awesome

my aim is to get a dimastech from the US and make a bench rig so i can post more benches but for now i have to get the $$$

Cheers to all !!!

here's my 3000 AIR i forgot to CPUID it and 5GHz HT 3770K using offset vcore

and of course big thanks to all my friends of the forum that help me buy the good parts there and get the time to test, pack and send to my country
    Last edited by andressergio; 09-30-2012 at 03:29 PM.
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme 3D Team
    Nice
    Looks like a nice CPU. Definitely nice IMC, looks like cores are strong too.
    Smile

Nice
    Looks like a nice CPU. Definitely nice IMC, looks like cores are strong too.
    yeah taking care of it like a baby lol its a very strong IMC one when i get that benching SSD will run SPI32 on 2933

what are you runing on this days Beep ??? remember the old days of the UD3P and The Hyper mem
    ASRock X299 OC Formula

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by andressergio View Post
    yeah taking care of it like a baby lol its a very strong IMC one when i get that benching SSD will run SPI32 on 2933

what are you runing on this days Beep ??? remember the old days of the UD3P and The Hyper mem
    Right now the only PCs in my house are my crappy 15.6" Compaq laptop, slightly better than a netbook but with 4x worse battery life, cheap chinese battery in there and replaced keyboard, I got it free.
    Other machine is 965 BE on Gigabyte 990FX UD5 with 6 year old FSP 700w PSU and 4GB RipjawsX 1600 CL6, I have one of my HD 5770 in there.

Got FX-8150 here too and ASUS CHV, need to sell my 8150 though, uhh 2600K is still here and haven't sent RMA for MIVE yet after several months. Basically when I started OC on LN2 I had to tear apart my normal 24/7 rig (my 850w PSU, 8150, CHV, optical drives) ...didn't have money for a "bench set" of parts except for 2600K / MIVE which I payed for with money from a part time job I don't work anymore.

So here is a little story about why I haven't been overclocking:
    I really haven't done anything the last few months...and I've been diagnosed with ADD, plus excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) and/or mild narcolepsy and I am an insomniac, and in the past I have been rather depressed so I take medication called Vyvanse (amphetamine stimulant) in the morning now.
    School grades have been bad (struggling to pass my classes) on top of no overclocking or gaming so I'm really trying to turn my life around now.

Up until Friday (when I started medication) for a long time now I have had insomnia (sometimes really bad, sometimes not so bad) and just feeling tired/out of energy all the time. Furthermore I get migraines once in a while (used to be 1 a week!) which don't help things, I missed a lot of school, like almost 2 months during the last school year. (I am in my last year of high school)

Basically I don't sleep well at night or I sleep but it doesn't feel like it, I have very vivid dreams and bounce between dreaming and reality, sometimes dreaming mid thought without losing touch with surroundings...

For example:
    I was sick two weeks ago and I was laying in bed, with the flu...I started thinking about what I needed to do for my Photography class at school because I was worried about not having my assignment done, and all the sudden I am standing in the classroom with my teacher yelling at me. Then another time, I was at the park, sitting on a bench alone and I just turned and laid down on it because I was so tired...I was thinking about things and my thoughts morphed into dreams but I was aware of my surroundings, when I finally got my eyes open it was like I wasn't sleeping because I never stopped hearing the ambient noises of others talking and children playing...it wasn't a surprise like I was really awaking.

Been doing things like going to bed on weekdays at 5pm an hour after getting home, not doing homework and lots of head bobbing at school. In my English class (At noon) I was reading a book we were assigned that we had quizzes on each chapter, even though I read the chapters I needed to there and again at home, I was half asleep the whole time and failed my quizzes. Teachers treating me like I'm every other slacker..."no, you can't retake your failed test, I let other people do it because they actually try"

This story is long but that sums it up.
    Smile

Page 181 of 217 FirstFirst ... 81131171178179180181182183184191 ... LastLast