Page 174 of 217 FirstFirst ... 74124164171172173174175176177184 ... LastLast
Results 4,326 to 4,350 of 5414

Thread: XS HWBot Team

Xtreme 3D Team
    Nice imc, hope it scales further with subzero.

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by ZenEffect View Post
    hmmm 2933 memory divider works

1500 yet? nope. still on air if you can even call it that. i have the pot strapped on there, with a fan blowing on it... but nothing inside the pot.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2458071

i do silly things like this
    That's how I usually install my OSes, underclocked with the pot mounted.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Yeah. Forgot to mention though on HWBOT that when it was running again, though, only one of my sticks was detected...
    Took it out and it had burn marks on the pins...swapped slots and still didn't work. Luckily I had 4 sticks of GSKill HZ (both kits GMH) and the sticks I was using before were the weakest out of the bunch.
    It's nice that the board came back from the dead, but I'm sorry to hear about your memory.
    Did you get your validation validated by CPU-Z?

hmmm 2933 memory divider works

1500 yet? nope. still on air if you can even call it that. i have the pot strapped on there, with a fan blowing on it... but nothing inside the pot.

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2458071

i do silly things like this
    You have 2x CPU-Z SPD tab in your screenshot, but no CPU tab!
    So now you have 1491MHz on Lynnfield and 1495MHz on Ivy Bridge, it's like you're not even trying for 1500MHz...
    Last edited by Don_Dan; 08-02-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme 3D Team
    No, I didn't even bother to send it in.
    My second kit of HZ did 350 FSB on air vs the other one doing 330 on the lower divider so I think it will go further than what I got out of the other kit.

I was only giving 2.3v...not sure what happened.

I fixed my M4A89TD Pro last night, hopefully it stays fixed...
    Smile

Pie assassin
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    It's nice that the board came back from the dead, but I'm sorry to hear about your memory.
    Did you get your validation validated by CPU-Z?

You have 2x CPU-Z SPD tab in your screenshot, but no CPU tab!
    So now you have 1491MHz on Lynnfield and 1495MHz on Ivy Bridge, it's like you're not even trying for 1500MHz...
    i have 2999.5 in my back pocket

you are right though.... kinda messing me up too. i will fix the ss when i get home. 1495.6 lol
    Last edited by ZenEffect; 08-02-2012 at 02:00 PM.
    Current Status - Testing & Research

Xtreme 3D Team
    Going to bench live tonight with OC Forums guys @ IMOG's place.

Hopefully they don't lock me in a closet and force me to switch to their team.
    Smile

No, I didn't even bother to send it in.
    My second kit of HZ did 350 FSB on air vs the other one doing 330 on the lower divider so I think it will go further than what I got out of the other kit.

I was only giving 2.3v...not sure what happened.

I fixed my M4A89TD Pro last night, hopefully it stays fixed...
    Maybe a MOSFET died or something else is defective, 2.3V shouldn't kill D9, my benching kit is still happy after several runs at 2.7V.

i have 2999.5 in my back pocket

you are right though.... kinda messing me up too. i will fix the ss when i get home. 1495.6 lol
    You'll get there!

Going to bench live tonight with OC Forums guys @ IMOG's place.

Hopefully they don't lock me in a closet and force me to switch to their team.
    Have fun benching BD!

I'll put the XS SAR team on standby right away!

Xtreme 3D Team
    I got absolutely nothing done at this session. O.o
    955 did squat on M4A89TD Pro, not what I was expecting and was hard to deal with. Very weak CPU-NB.

Mounted up FX-8150 and realized the board had a Phenom II only bios, so had to teardown because I needed to swap CPUs.
    Smile

Xtreme 3D Team
    http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2461662
    Tried for memory clock afterwards but couldn't get system to boot 2400+ 1600 6-8-6 RipjawsX...
    Smile

I got absolutely nothing done at this session. O.o
    955 did squat on M4A89TD Pro, not what I was expecting and was hard to deal with. Very weak CPU-NB.

Mounted up FX-8150 and realized the board had a Phenom II only bios, so had to teardown because I needed to swap CPUs.
    Sounds like you were sabotaged by members of that other team...

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2461662
    Tried for memory clock afterwards but couldn't get system to boot 2400+ 1600 6-8-6 RipjawsX...
    This is the same kit and CPU you used for your old submission, right? Maybe the IMC degraded or you missed a setting.

I saw your new score with the 965 BE, you beat chew*, nicely done!

Xtreme 3D Team
    That 8150 is fine, for some reason I can't run CAS 13 and crazy stuff like Honda did...I mean, IMC has always been kinda weak though. My old 8150 booted DDR3-2500 easy on air, but this one has never booted DDR3-2400+ on air. On the 1200/2400 divider with 2400 CPU-NB, it won't get past windows boot sequence to I think the 1372 I got for validation on air before was about all it had. I'm gonna work on it in the next few days again on air and make sure I set a profile on it this time around.

I have had a hard time getting CL10/CL11 working in the past, I'm obviously missing something and even have tried auto on secondary timings but doesn't work...though it has worked before

One of my GSkill Pi 2133 CL7 is dead, glad I still have RipjawsX 1600 CL6, though they aren't as strong. I'll just use more vdimm, lol
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 08-06-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    I think I might have damaged one of the MVG's, the Power button will not turn it on, however the board lights up and I can clear the cmos but that is about it. And the funny thing is the board has been sitting since my last subs like 2 weeks ago, and everything was assumed to be fine at the end of the session

Oh well I will have to try with another cpu just to be sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
    I think I might have damaged one of the MVG's, the Power button will not turn it on, however the board lights up and I can clear the cmos but that is about it. And the funny thing is the board has been sitting since my last subs like 2 weeks ago, and everything was assumed to be fine at the end of the session

Oh well I will have to try with another cpu just to be sure.
    Does it start for a split second or just not do anything?
    You've tried shorting front panel pins as well, I'm sure?

D:

EDIT:
    A DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B showed up at my door today, with fresh rubycon caps.
    Won't be good for memory clock but at least I can grab a lot of TPP with it. (We are missing a ton of Athlon XP/XP-M/MP/Duron submissions)
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 08-06-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme 3D Team
    Gonna say **** intel tonight and bench 3DMark01 and Aquamark on AMD.

My 965 should do 6.5-6.7 through those benches, probably not as good as my 2600K but should do the job.
    Smile

That 8150 is fine, for some reason I can't run CAS 13 and crazy stuff like Honda did...I mean, IMC has always been kinda weak though. My old 8150 booted DDR3-2500 easy on air, but this one has never booted DDR3-2400+ on air. On the 1200/2400 divider with 2400 CPU-NB, it won't get past windows boot sequence to I think the 1372 I got for validation on air before was about all it had. I'm gonna work on it in the next few days again on air and make sure I set a profile on it this time around.

I have had a hard time getting CL10/CL11 working in the past, I'm obviously missing something and even have tried auto on secondary timings but doesn't work...though it has worked before

One of my GSkill Pi 2133 CL7 is dead, glad I still have RipjawsX 1600 CL6, though they aren't as strong. I'll just use more vdimm, lol
    Didn't he run CL11 for his memory MHz validation?
    If it's a weak IMC there's nothing you can do, and imho if it can't even boot 1200MHz+ easily even the most excessive tweaking won't get you much further.

Did the PI Stick die on your SB rig or while benching AMD?
    More Vdimm is always an option...

A DFI Lanparty NFII Ultra B showed up at my door today, with fresh rubycon caps.
    Won't be good for memory clock but at least I can grab a lot of TPP with it. (We are missing a ton of Athlon XP/XP-M/MP/Duron submissions)
    Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    Didn't he run CL11 for his memory MHz validation?
    If it's a weak IMC there's nothing you can do, and imho if it can't even boot 1200MHz+ easily even the most excessive tweaking won't get you much further.

Did the PI Stick die on your SB rig or while benching AMD?
    More Vdimm is always an option...

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice!
    Yeah, somehow he got 11-15-15 to work. I don't know how...
    The Pi stick, I'm not really sure when it died. It has just been sitting for a long time, because I haven't needed it. (Sold AMD 1100T, dead intel setup)...but I think it died in the Crosshair V, at random with just 1.5v. The stick's SPD is read, but there is only 2GB useable in the system. I am hoping I can RMA them, I know for a fact that they didn't die in my intel setup 7 weeks ago.

EDIT:
    The Corsair RAM I bought on ebay is dead. System won't post with it. I threw in a generic stick and the board started right up. ...
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 08-07-2012 at 04:42 PM.
    Smile

Yeah, somehow he got 11-15-15 to work. I don't know how...
    The Pi stick, I'm not really sure when it died. It has just been sitting for a long time, because I haven't needed it. (Sold AMD 1100T, dead intel setup)...but I think it died in the Crosshair V, at random with just 1.5v. The stick's SPD is read, but there is only 2GB useable in the system. I am hoping I can RMA them, I know for a fact that they didn't die in my intel setup 7 weeks ago.
    Well, just send him a PM.
    That's weird, one of the dead ST sticks I got from ebay does the same, in one of ten tries it will boot to Windows and you can even use CPU-Z to display frequency and SPD, but it will quickly error out in Memtest.

EDIT:
    The Corsair RAM I bought on ebay is dead. System won't post with it. I threw in a generic stick and the board started right up. ...
    I'm sorry Sam.

Xtreme 3D Team
    It's alright.

Ebay seller pretty much claimed I was an idiot for even trying to contact him so late, however I did explain my situation fully, having not received my DFI motherboard until t_ski fixed it and stuff, so it was a month before I could have tested the sticks...but I didn't do anything to kill them other than remove them from the package and store them.

Anyway, the seller ignored me and the case was escalated to Ebay customer support, and Ebay ruled the case in my favor- full refund including shipping cost.

Found some TCCD, asking price was $25 + $3.65, I've offered $21.35.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 08-10-2012 at 09:57 AM.
    Smile

Xtreme Guru
    It's alright.

Ebay seller pretty much claimed I was an idiot for even trying to contact him so late, however I did explain my situation fully, having not received my DFI motherboard until t_ski fixed it and stuff, so it was a month before I could have tested the sticks...but I didn't do anything to kill them other than remove them from the package and store them.

Anyway, the seller ignored me and the case was escalated to Ebay customer support, and Ebay ruled the case in my favor- full refund including shipping cost.

Found some TCCD, asking price was $25 + $3.65, I've offered $21.35.
    dont waste your money sam. i have some killer tccd kits from a64 days. the 2x 256 kits are insane. I also have a ton of early ch5 kits from way back. take your pick and they are in the mail on monday.
    I even have a ocz ddr booster if you want to play with that. I got it when when we were doing ocz powerstream 520 a64 days. those were the days. I think I might have some early ocz enhanced bandwidth kits laying around here somewhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    ^ this is why i love our team
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Well I went ahead and bought the TCCD kit for $21.35 (25 shipped)...known working from a guy at OCF. Had you posted a yesterday evening I would have taken you up on that.

I dunno how much use the DDR booster would be with TCCD, do you think it would help much?
    I don't think it matters too much as my goal is to submit as much as possible with AMD K7 T-Bred Bs and Bartons for TPP and then sell off the board and CPUs.

I'd be happy to try it out though...

EDIT:
    I'm also finally free tomorrow, gonna run 8150 under LN2 again to improve 2D MT benches and spend time attempting memory clock.
    Smile

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
    ^ this is why i love our team
    I would be stoked just to see them maxed out. These kits are from way back when I was on water cooling noob days. I didnt have the balls for sub zero so I just oced ram at the time. They were amazing back then and have never really been pushed to the max. I went through a ton of these and kept the very best ones. they've been sitting in a box for years. All I remember was the 2x256 single sided kit of tccd was the ultimate benching kit on dfi nf4 ultra. the twinmos kits were the 1st out when we all thought bh5 would never return. back when we were tearing the spreaders off and looking for the 2 dots (winbond machine marks)

Xtreme Guru
    Well I went ahead and bought the TCCD kit for $21.35 (25 shipped)...known working from a guy at OCF. Had you posted a yesterday evening I would have taken you up on that.

I dunno how much use the DDR booster would be with TCCD, do you think it would help much?
    I don't think it matters too much as my goal is to submit as much as possible with AMD K7 T-Bred Bs and Bartons for TPP and then sell off the board and CPUs.

I'd be happy to try it out though...

EDIT:
    I'm also finally free tomorrow, gonna run 8150 under LN2 again to improve 2D MT benches and spend time attempting memory clock.

the ocz ddr booster was mostly meant for EB series and BH5 on 754 and 939. tccd if i remember wasnt known for scaling with high vdimm. the ch5 would for sure. what kits of tccd did you get exactly?

I never tried tccd on barton. the hype for tccd and ch5/bh5/eb was all about the a64 imc. Is there a 754 939 category? I have a dfi nf4 infinity and 4000+ mobile. I also have some abit nf7s 462 boards

how is our uncle steve doing on pc mark?
    Last edited by trans am; 08-11-2012 at 08:10 PM.

I have some 5ghz 3930k GTX480 SLI runs Ill be submitting soon. I was benchmarking for pimprig when they were still around but alas they are dead. Can I swap teams to XS?
    Asus Rampage IV Extreme
    4930k @4.875
    G.Skill Trident X 2666 Cl10
    Gtx 780 SC
    1600w Lepa Gold
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by trans am View Post
    the ocz ddr booster was mostly meant for EB series and BH5 on 754 and 939. tccd if i remember wasnt known for scaling with high vdimm. the ch5 would for sure. what kits of tccd did you get exactly?

I never tried tccd on barton. the hype for tccd and ch5/bh5/eb was all about the a64 imc. Is there a 754 939 category? I have a dfi nf4 infinity and 4000+ mobile. I also have some abit nf7s 462 boards

how is our uncle steve doing on pc mark?
    Don't know how he is doing on PC Mark but we could use a DDR Memory clock submission. K7 isn't going to get the job done, I don't have money for DDR K8 system right now.

I bought Corsair 3200XL Pros, v1.1 DDR-400 2-2-2-5 2.75v

Quote Originally Posted by Ace123 View Post
    I have some 5ghz 3930k GTX480 SLI runs Ill be submitting soon. I was benchmarking for pimprig when they were still around but alas they are dead. Can I swap teams to XS?
    Of course, we'd love to have you!
    Smile

Page 174 of 217 FirstFirst ... 74124164171172173174175176177184 ... LastLast