Page 182 of 217 FirstFirst ... 82132172179180181182183184185192 ... LastLast
Results 4,526 to 4,550 of 5414

Thread: XS HWBot Team

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBeep2 View Post
    Right now the only PCs in my house are my crappy 15.6" Compaq laptop, slightly better than a netbook but with 4x worse battery life, cheap chinese battery in there and replaced keyboard, I got it free.
    Other machine is 965 BE on Gigabyte 990FX UD5 with 6 year old FSP 700w PSU and 4GB RipjawsX 1600 CL6, I have one of my HD 5770 in there.

Got FX-8150 here too and ASUS CHV, need to sell my 8150 though, uhh 2600K is still here and haven't sent RMA for MIVE yet after several months. Basically when I started OC on LN2 I had to tear apart my normal 24/7 rig (my 850w PSU, 8150, CHV, optical drives) ...didn't have money for a "bench set" of parts except for 2600K / MIVE which I payed for with money from a part time job I don't work anymore.

So here is a little story about why I haven't been overclocking:
    I really haven't done anything the last few months...and I've been diagnosed with ADD, plus excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) and/or mild narcolepsy and I am an insomniac, and in the past I have been rather depressed so I take medication called Vyvanse (amphetamine stimulant) in the morning now.
    School grades have been bad (struggling to pass my classes) on top of no overclocking or gaming so I'm really trying to turn my life around now.

Up until Friday (when I started medication) for a long time now I have had insomnia (sometimes really bad, sometimes not so bad) and just feeling tired/out of energy all the time. Furthermore I get migraines once in a while (used to be 1 a week!) which don't help things, I missed a lot of school, like almost 2 months during the last school year. (I am in my last year of high school)

Basically I don't sleep well at night or I sleep but it doesn't feel like it, I have very vivid dreams and bounce between dreaming and reality, sometimes dreaming mid thought without losing touch with surroundings...

For example:
    I was sick two weeks ago and I was laying in bed, with the flu...I started thinking about what I needed to do for my Photography class at school because I was worried about not having my assignment done, and all the sudden I am standing in the classroom with my teacher yelling at me. Then another time, I was at the park, sitting on a bench alone and I just turned and laid down on it because I was so tired...I was thinking about things and my thoughts morphed into dreams but I was aware of my surroundings, when I finally got my eyes open it was like I wasn't sleeping because I never stopped hearing the ambient noises of others talking and children playing...it wasn't a surprise like I was really awaking.

Been doing things like going to bed on weekdays at 5pm an hour after getting home, not doing homework and lots of head bobbing at school. In my English class (At noon) I was reading a book we were assigned that we had quizzes on each chapter, even though I read the chapters I needed to there and again at home, I was half asleep the whole time and failed my quizzes. Teachers treating me like I'm every other slacker..."no, you can't retake your failed test, I let other people do it because they actually try"

This story is long but that sums it up.
    Sorry for the illness but i know it from heart cauz i also take meds i have inheritance depression wich is horrible i have to say and also a life med for combat it as it cant be cured, so this is my lit space that since a kid i used to refugee, of course i didnt have money till 2005 where i started to OC, but believe me i understand

Keep it up mate ignore the stoopids that will always be to make u feel bad and go on u have some friends here really good ones maybe u never met but we are all here for a reason

Cheers !!!
    Sergio
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by andressergio View Post
    Sorry for the illness but i know it from heart cauz i also take meds i have inheritance depression wich is horrible i have to say and also a life med for combat it as it cant be cured, so this is my lit space that since a kid i used to refugee, of course i didnt have money till 2005 where i started to OC, but believe me i understand

Keep it up mate ignore the stoopids that will always be to make u feel bad and go on u have some friends here really good ones maybe u never met but we are all here for a reason

Cheers !!!
    Sergio
    Thanks man

Anyone have spare GPU pot?
    Will trade praise for one.

Or in case of loud silence, will hold his CPUs until I "receive what I want"
    Not really.

Hey loud, guy said he wanted your CPU, I asked if I could have it till 10/1/2012, then I never got LN2 due to busy and bad life stuff, so I asked him if I could keep yours and drop ship him mine, which is a perfectly good CPU, should do 4.8 stable easy on good water.
    ...then he didn't reply.

Oh, and I'll have your 3870K out tuesday. If its dead, died on stock cooler with only 3.1 / 1.4v No way to know, no board.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 09-30-2012 at 10:30 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    No worries, not sure who pmed you exactly but I think I have an idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Quote Originally Posted by andressergio View Post
    Cheers to all !!!

here's my 3000 AIR i forgot to CPUID it and 5GHz HT 3770K using offset vcore
    1500MHz on air is looking great Sergio, well done!

I'm sorry to hear about all this.

Focus on getting school done, everything else like overclocking isn't ( that ) important.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    Thanks Don
    Intel Core i9-7980XE@ 4.8GHz 18C/18TH (Direct Die Contact)
    ASRock X299 OC Formula
    ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D80 (4x8GB) DDR4-3800C17 B-Die
    1x Intel Optane SSD 905P 480GB
    4x HP EX950 NVMe 2TB on ASRock ULTRA M.2 CARD
    EVGA RTX 2080TI KINGPIN 2190/8000 Stock Cooling AIO 240
    SilverStone ST1500W-TI TITANIUM
    Alphacool Custom Water Cooling

Xtreme 3D Team

I'm sorry to hear about all this.

Focus on getting school done, everything else like overclocking isn't ( that ) important.
    I'm working on it

Working on managing time more efficiently.
    Smile

Xtreme 3D Team
    Gettin' quiet in here.
    Guy that PM'ed about LS's 8150 did not reply back, so I went ahead and sold mine to another guy, and also my 955. I plan on getting another one, hopefully which wont be as bad. (As if 6.8 GHz was bad)

When stuff ships on monday, LS your 3870K will be out too. Sorry for holding on to it so long, guess I don't do stuff unless I have to sometimes.

Your FX-8150 is up next on the bench, in fact I might throw it my H70 and see what it does on air first tonight since I finally have time and caught up in school.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 10-06-2012 at 12:05 PM.
    Smile

Admin
    I really haven't done anything the last few months...and I've been diagnosed with ADD, plus excessive daytime sleepiness (EDS) and/or mild narcolepsy and I am an insomniac, and in the past I have been rather depressed so I take medication called Vyvanse (amphetamine stimulant) in the morning now.
    School grades have been bad (struggling to pass my classes) on top of no overclocking or gaming so I'm really trying to turn my life around now.

Up until Friday (when I started medication) for a long time now I have had insomnia (sometimes really bad, sometimes not so bad) and just feeling tired/out of energy all the time. Furthermore I get migraines once in a while (used to be 1 a week!) which don't help things, I missed a lot of school, like almost 2 months during the last school year. (I am in my last year of high school)

Basically I don't sleep well at night or I sleep but it doesn't feel like it, I have very vivid dreams and bounce between dreaming and reality, sometimes dreaming mid thought without losing touch with surroundings...

For example:
    I was sick two weeks ago and I was laying in bed, with the flu...I started thinking about what I needed to do for my Photography class at school because I was worried about not having my assignment done, and all the sudden I am standing in the classroom with my teacher yelling at me. Then another time, I was at the park, sitting on a bench alone and I just turned and laid down on it because I was so tired...I was thinking about things and my thoughts morphed into dreams but I was aware of my surroundings, when I finally got my eyes open it was like I wasn't sleeping because I never stopped hearing the ambient noises of others talking and children playing...it wasn't a surprise like I was really awaking.

Been doing things like going to bed on weekdays at 5pm an hour after getting home, not doing homework and lots of head bobbing at school. In my English class (At noon) I was reading a book we were assigned that we had quizzes on each chapter, even though I read the chapters I needed to there and again at home, I was half asleep the whole time and failed my quizzes. Teachers treating me like I'm every other slacker..."no, you can't retake your failed test, I let other people do it because they actually try"

Have you ever done a sleep study and been checked for apnea? Are you over weight?
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Have you ever done a sleep study and been checked for apnea? Are you over weight?
    Yes, I've done a sleep study, I don't have apnea...

I weigh about 130 lbs, I'm 5 foot 9.
    Smile

Xtreme 3D Team
    Currently doing:
    Benching vmodded HD 3450, looking for HWBOT domination

To do list:
    Ship a bunch of
    Track down HD 3870 someone brought into school, convince them to trade it to me for my worse 5770.
    RMA a bunch of
    Buy GPU pot
    Buy more ram
    OC good Phenom II 965 BE with a working AMD Motherboard
    OC hopefully working Intel CPU on LN2 through all 2D
    OC good HD 5770 on LN2 with a working Intel CPU on LN2
    OC good HD 4850 on LN2 with a working Intel CPU on LN2
    OC good HD 3870 on LN2 with a working Intel CPU on LN2
    Bench a bunch of
    Sell a bunch of
    Write a review for TechReaction here and there
    Continue to keep up with school work

Anyone have GPU pot they aren't using?
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 10-06-2012 at 10:48 PM.
    Smile

Your to-do-list is pretty impressive...

Xtreme 3D Team
    Yeah.
    AFAIK, trans_am has a tek-9 he isn't using...but he hasn't been active on the forum :/

I'm going to an OC event on the 27th so if someone in the US has a pot with them they'd be willing to let me borrow I'd cover shipping so I can do 3D with either Phenom II (03,05,06) or everything with intel.

I don't think the 3870 will work out so I might end up doing a combo of pencil-mod and AB on my good 5770 if I can get a GPU pot and also the same combo on a 4890 if I can trade the 5770 for it.

That way I have a 4850, 4890 and 5770 all worth large amount of GPU points on LN2.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 10-09-2012 at 10:38 AM.
    Smile

Xtreme 3D Team
    http://hwbot.org/submission/2319563_...50_28018_marks
    http://hwbot.org/submission/2319551_...450_8304_marks

Working on getting HWBOT Aquamark wrapper running on TinyXP, and 05/06 doesn't quite have GPU clocks to do it...only got 4th place so far.
    Need to revisit all with better cooling eventually, so gonna hold off on that.

Oh, and the guy buying my 955 and 8150 still did not pay me so shipping delayed until he pays... :/
    Smile

Xtreme 3D Team
    Scrapped 3870 idea, focusing on attaining a 4890 and 9800GTX+.
    Smile

The Hitachi Deathstar in my laptop has finally lived up to its name after three years, it went bad with a few bad sectors. My data is safe but reinstalling everything on a new drive was great fun...

@Beep: Let us know about your progress!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Just got paid from a guy @ OCF for my 955 and 8150, made out with $250.
    So gotta ship those out, dead MIVE (ASUS just gave me new RMA), GSKILL PSC and LS's 3870K tomorrow.

Also, got my dewar full to the point that it was spurting a little in the car.
    LS's 8150 though is just now happy in my CVF with LN2cooling pot mounted...apparently AMD wanted it for Trinity OC event but I had it...whoops
    Hope to do stuff with that in an hour or two.

Then later tonight, will be working the rest of my LN2 on my 965 BE and 990FXA-UD5.

Looks like trans_am is gonna dig up his Tek-9 too and send it off to me, depending on what lower-midrange GPUs I can get by next friday, I'll do whatever 3D is appropriate ('03, '05, '06 etc) with the 965.
    Then if I get my MIVE back from ASUS by the 26th, I'll possibly beat up on it with the OCF guys at their group bench session. IMOG doesn't seem to have any trouble with me coming over.

Oh, and the amount of cups I have is increasing by the day..., at least I'm good at overclocking hardware nobody bothers with.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 10-14-2012 at 11:30 AM.
    Smile

Good luck for your session!

The amount of team power points increases with the amount of cups you have, that's a good thing!

Xtreme 3D Team
    Good luck for your session!

The amount of team power points increases with the amount of cups you have, that's a good thing!

I'm overclocking for the team, not just myself.
    I can only increase my HWP realistically about 100-150 more unless I start getting really deep pockets...I guess my user points will go up and my rank in hardware masters...

If I find out my 2600K isn't dead and stuff, there are a lot of points hung out on that CPU, and hung out on my GPUs there...
    I never benched my 955 BE completely, no suitable board until now, but now I sold it.
    My FX-8150 was crap, and when I benched it the first time for multi-thread in April, I got about everything I was going to, plus it wasn't worth much for that...no popularity
    I have a board now for 965BE which I'm gonna try to get 2D done before Tuesday, then maybe buy another 955 or two...

I've got a lot of stuff here to play with, and theoretically I have a lot of time, it is just the willpower and ability to put combinations that work better together to give full potential of each part that is lacking.

GPUs with no Ivy, and for a while now no Sandy,
    Phenom II with no good boards,
    Best AM3+ board but no good AM3+ CPU...
    Arguably best AMD Socket A board, and semi-decent ram where we lack very many TPP, but no CPU cooler, or way to run it on LN2 yet
    Missing 2D globals for myself because I only ran a few benches with Sandy
    Great AM2 board but no AM2 CPUs, and 5600+ not up to par with good ones, and have some decent DDR2, we're missing a lot of TPP in Socket AM2

No money to just buy a replacement for even one of those mismatches...
    I'll figure it out here soon and you'll see a lot from me

Been applying for part time jobs like mad, America has such a slow economy, and all the teenagers are fighting for their 4 hours / week at $ 7 USD / hour at local McDonalds...

I have $500 in bank, but will not touch it, because hardware depreciates in value especially if I am unable to buy, bench and get rid of quickly.
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 10-14-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme 3D Team
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 10-15-2012 at 02:56 AM.
    Smile

Xtreme 3D Team
    [RANT]
    The FX-8150, exact same as other one.
    7375 on best CU.
    So over 4 hours, wasted about 10L LN2 binning cores, best one did 7300 at 1.8v, thinks were looking up, then pushed all the way to 2.05v and no better than 7375.
    Different CPU-NB/HT multipliers, 800 - 2800, DRAM 800 to 1866...
    CPU-NB voltage from 1.1 to 1.45v, VDDA from 2.5 to 2.8...HT Link voltage, NB voltage up to 1.3v...
    Single channel ram, dual channel ram,
    Tried lower multipliers, but took me backwards... < 7 GHz
    Nothing works, CPU sucks, just like the other one, but all cores do 7 GHz or higher, probably an average 24/7 chip right around 4.6 GHz.
    Ironic both CPUs do exactly the same CPU clock and exactly the same DRAM clock...

Well, Phenom II 965 next.
    Bought another 955 too. The guy lapped it without taking info from IHS, but sounds like mid 2010 - early 2011 chip. He had 4.4 GHz stable with it on water, so should be good. Abused it really hard though with 1.66v for Prime95, he ended up getting 4.5 stable for 2 hrs of Prime, but at that voltage who knows if the CPU will do jack-squat when it gets to me.
    [/RANT]
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 10-15-2012 at 03:00 AM.
    Smile

*snip*
    I have a few interesting setups for team points as well, just no time to bin my chips or even overclock at all.
    Most of the stuff I have is S775 of course, but I have some S939 as well.

Nice work!

I saw this at the bot's frontpage tonight:

Two new HWBOT Staff members: Genieben and Tapakah

The HWBOT Staff is pleased to announce that Genieben (Romania) and Tapakah (Latvia) have joined the staff. Genieben will mostly be focusing on behind-the-scenes work related to improving the benchmark security (think 'wrapper'). Tapakah will be actively hunting down cheaters.

We wish both of them the best of luck and hope they will enjoy their HWBOT adventure!

The HWBOT Staff.

Now that Tapakah is a mod at HWBot things will only get better...

Xtreme 3D Team
    You can save on the biostar board, got a board here that will do well.
    As for the GPUs, I'll be fine. Killing a $50 GPU is a lot easier than killing $550 CPU/motherboard combo.

Just bought 4890, so now I've got a 4850, 4890, 5770. Missed out on 9800GTX+ sale, but I'll look for another. Anyone know if the 1GB cards are much faster than the 512MB?

TA, stick around and watch the show

EDIT:
    In other news, I have a 955 BE worth 7-7.1 GHz and 4.5+ CPU-NB in my hands now. Bad news is, last 5-10 minutes board acts like CPU is dead.
    This board is liquid electrical taped, will tear down and try the CPU in another rig. :/
    Last edited by BeepBeep2; 10-15-2012 at 08:14 PM.
    Smile

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lol, I also expect John Lam to be hired as results moderator.

BTW, is someone going to join the Hwbot "October rush" competition?
    I put up a decent result for the stage 3 but I don't think I'll be able to join the next stages, I don't have the right hardware nor the time to find it.
    Last edited by Mafio; 10-16-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Xtreme Memory Hoarder
    I tried to get 3DMark2000 to run on XP SP3 and no dice, so nothing here
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondacity View Post
    gskillllin it!

Just bought 4890, so now I've got a 4850, 4890, 5770. Missed out on 9800GTX+ sale, but I'll look for another. Anyone know if the 1GB cards are much faster than the 512MB?

EDIT:
    In other news, I have a 955 BE worth 7-7.1 GHz and 4.5+ CPU-NB in my hands now. Bad news is, last 5-10 minutes board acts like CPU is dead.
    This board is liquid electrical taped, will tear down and try the CPU in another rig. :/
    Do you think your AMD setup is strong enough to push these cards?
    I don't think memory size makes a difference on the 9800GTX+. If it did there would be separate categories at the bot. The first cards in the ranking are 512MB cards as well.

7.1 sounds great, a dead CPU doesn't... Did the chip survive?

Quote Originally Posted by Mafio View Post
    lol, I also expect John Lam to be hired as results moderator.

BTW, is someone going to join the Hwbot "October rush" competition?
    I put up a decent result for the stage 3 but I don't think I'll be able to join the next stages, I don't have the right hardware nor the time to find it.
    Yeah, John Lam and OPB are probably next.

There's nothing planned for the other stages as far as I know, to be honest I really don't like these super-short stages at all...

Here's a link to Mafio's competition entry for those who want to take a look at it. Nicely done!

Quote Originally Posted by l0ud_sil3nc3 View Post
    I tried to get 3DMark2000 to run on XP SP3 and no dice, so nothing here
    3DMark2000 was stage 2, right?
    I don't have any experience with that benchmark, the first I ever ran was 2001.

You could probably get some help in the HWBot forums, it might be useful for future competitions.

Page 182 of 217 FirstFirst ... 82132172179180181182183184185192 ... LastLast