Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Just Another P55 Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by DazzXP View Post
    It doesn't bother me too much, 2nd Gen PCI-Express 8x offers the same bandwith as 1st gen PCI-E 16x and that is more then enough even for SLI/Crossfire. Unless software SLI/Crossfire is used. The thing that bothers me is the 3rd slot running at 4x which will mean you will see a slight drop in performance.
    the 3rd slot is coming from the SB its a utility slot like the 4x on the x38/48 and its pci-e1. intel designed it so this wont do super high end so u have to buy the proper expensive parts

Quote Originally Posted by Exia View Post
    SLi
    why is it a surprise, the NB is on the cpu its not like there could be anything NV could do for a chipset
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by DazzXP View Post
    It doesn't bother me too much, 2nd Gen PCI-Express 8x offers the same bandwith as 1st gen PCI-E 16x and that is more then enough even for SLI/Crossfire. Unless software SLI/Crossfire is used. The thing that bothers me is the 3rd slot running at 4x which will mean you will see a slight drop in performance.
    have you ever used the x4 pciE 1.1 slot on an x38 or x48 board? resulting xfire perf is worse than with 2 cards iirc

Wuf
    Quote Originally Posted by saaya View Post
    would you really want a p55 board in 2029?
    think twice about what you wish for! heheh
    My point is just i wouldn't have to RMA that board within first year due cpu vrm caps have gone bad
    That happens sometimes even with polymer caps...
    You use IRC and Crunch in Xs WCG team? Join #xs.wcg @ Quakenet
    [22:53:09] [@Jaco-XS] i'm gonna overclock this damn box!
    Ze gear:
    Main rig: W3520 + 12GB ddr3 + Gigabyte X58A-UD3R rev2.0! + HD7970 + HD6350 DMS59 + HX520 + 2x X25-E 32gig R0 + Bunch of HDDs.
    ESXI: Dell C6100 XS23-TY3 Node - 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    ZFS Server: Supermicro 826E1 + Supermicro X8DAH+-F + 1x L5630 + 24GB ECC REG + 10x 3TB HDDs + Brocade 1020 10GbE
    Lappy!: Lenovo Thinkpad W500: T9600 + 8GB + FireGL v5700 + 128GB Samsung 830 + 320GB 2.5" in ze dvd slot + 1920x1200 @ 15.4"

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by s0lid View Post
    My point is just i wouldn't have to RMA that board within first year due cpu vrm caps have gone bad
    The Os-Cons don't offer anything special over the polymers used on boards (both are 'dry' polymer dielectric types). The failure rates of both are identical when compared to conventional 'wet' electrolytics, it's the same material branded as a Semi-Organic (http://www.inelcohunter.co.uk/OSCON ). Failure rates are reduced mainly due to the fact that the electrolyte dries up in conventional capacitors.
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 07-26-2009 at 03:47 AM.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by s0lid View Post
    k... i havent heard of any solid cap failing yet... not a single one actually... what happens when a solid cap fails?

oh wait, i saw a couple of those asus "super caps" popped
    but besides that... i havent seen any dead solid caps... do they pop like the asus super caps and conventional caps? or they burn? or the board just wont work properly anymore?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    theres no gap, the holes will overlap into each other to form peanuts

the socket is not rotated but the 775 mount holes are
    That seems like a bad idea for those using stock coolers or anything resembling them.

If you have the holes overlap, you'll have to ensure that the two plastic prongs which get pushed apart by the cooler pin are both pushing against PCB... and that one of them is not pushing into the other hole (resulting in more loose mounting).

How will this be avoided?

Quote Originally Posted by Sr7 View Post
    If you have the holes overlap, you'll have to ensure that the two plastic prongs which get pushed apart by the cooler pin are both pushing against PCB... and that one of them is not pushing into the other hole (resulting in more loose mounting).
    The holes are rotated so that exactly that does not happen. Look at the pics in the first post!
    Last edited by Don_Dan; 07-26-2009 at 10:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Xtreme Addict
    I totally love EVGA... Really the best motherboard/GPU brand there is.

Almost makes me wanna convert to Intel and Nvidia - ALMOST

Start producing AMD or atleast ATI cards ffs!
    SweClockers.com

CPU: Phenom II X4 955BE
    Clock: 4200MHz 1.4375v
    Memory: Dominator GT 2x2GB 1600MHz 6-6-6-20 1.65v
    Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
    GPU: HD 5770

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    The holes are rotated so that exactly that does not happen. Look at the pics in the first post!
    Obviously I did.

It looks like it will be close to popping through... it depends on how overlappe the holes end up:

http://www.made-in-china.com/image/2...I77512B-C-.jpg

I just looked at one of my own Intel coolers, it should fit, the prongs are really small and it *should* fit judging from pictures of the board.
    But on the other hand, who will be using push-pin coolers on this board anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    I just looked at one of my own Intel coolers, it should fit, the prongs are really small and it *should* fit judging from pictures of the board.
    But on the other hand, who will be using push-pin coolers on this board anyway?
    Plenty of people... 95% of people buy products for what they "could" do, not what they do. Lots of people will buy this motherboard not to overclock right away, but to get a high quality EVGA brand P55 mobo that they can overclock later on down the road.

Don't let the demographic here deceive you.. not all customers will be pouring LN2...
    Last edited by Sr7; 07-26-2009 at 10:42 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea deluxe View Post

1: why 2 connector?
    2: ugly-strange-use for?
    3: graphic memory with relative clock gen?
    4: graphic memory upgrade?
    4 = Open NAND Flash Interface <--clicky

@SR7

Yeah, I wonder what the gaming experience between (LGA11 vs LGA13) is going to be. Both can be spec'd with i7s !!! How much will triple-channel memory benefit gamers, over Lynfield's inherent ability to OC itself higher (turbo boost) than the LGA13 based i7 @ Stock settings.

Meaning, what actually benefits the end user more..? Memory bandwidth or CPU MHz ??

Not everyone overclocks and I am interested in the mindset of each platforms and intrigued if the Lynfield's will have better benchmarks. Specifically gaming.
    Last edited by Xoulz; 07-26-2009 at 01:57 PM.

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    The clicker.
    yeah - it was awesome to see in action, and I love the new case design

xtreme energy
    What's the precise distance between 1156 holes?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    What's the precise distance between 1156 holes?
    its between 775 and 1366... i cant remember it...

775 was 72 right?
    and 1366 80?
    i think its 75... but not sure...

xtreme energy
    BS

Another clip for Ultra 120

And now even new cpu pot mounting needed cause holes would overlap most likely

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    BS

Another clip for Ultra 120

And now even new cpu pot mounting needed cause holes would overlap most likely
    i moved them slightly sideways and then it worked
    but foxconn didnt want it for some reason so they wont have 775 holes on the p55 boards :/

shamino rotated the holes and evga is going to use them afaik
    so for pots itll be fine, and for tower heatsinks... it might...

any TRUE 775@p55 pics shamino?
    Last edited by saaya; 07-27-2009 at 11:24 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234