Page 1 of 45 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: Home made UV dyes

Xtreme Addict

Mayhem's Dyes - sample testing.

been asked buy a couple ppl to post this here so here you go -

these are all home made UV dyes that i have done.

Each glass has had not more than 3 drops in it to produce the colours. E.g the green only had 1 drop. The yellow had 3.

If you have any questions ill answer them but im sure some of you have made your own in the past.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 08-28-2009 at 03:31 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Ohh... i like the blue color one...

Xtreme Member
    Ummm I am thirsty. Which one taste best? JK. What did you use to make them? They all look pretty dam good.
    Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Strike...48747018556603

http://blog.codeofficer.com/blog/201...-2-gaming-rig/

Intel 2500k 4.9 Ghz
    Asus P8P67M Pro
    Asus GTX580 <- Thanks to Asus for doing the Facebook survey.

Xtreme Addict
    i used Acridine Orange, Fluorescein, and some other things to make them. each 15 mil's will produce enough to do 10 to 30 Full Loops and all are up to 50x stronger than any market based ones out at the moment.

e.g green only need 1 drop per pint, yellow may need up to 4 drops per pint.

more pics

Last edited by mlwood37; 07-22-2009 at 03:29 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Nice dyes, saw your tutorial on Bit-Tech as well. The UV blue in the first post looks really nice

How long do these last in comparison to other dyes (Feser for example) and have you ran into any dye depositing/precipitation issues?
    [ 3770K @ 4.2 : H100i : ASRock Z77E-ITX : GTX560 Ti : 16GB DDR3 1800 : +4TB : Bitfenix Prodigy : 2x Dell S2340M : Filco Majestouch-2 [Cherry Brown] : BX8a Deluxe]

Xtreme Member
    Send some to SNiiPE_DoGG for testing, I've heard he's good at breaking down coolants.

Seriously though, I totaly fell in love with the green one, and I don't even like green loops.
    Fractal Design Array mITX
    LC Worklog: Project Purple Haze
    LianLi V1000
    LC Worklog: Project Crystal Clear
    LianLi A05
    LC Worklog: Project Simplicity

Xtreme Member
    Where did you get all those pint glasses, hmm? Is the local pub a few glasses short?

On a serious note, what are you using to make UV red?

Xtreme Addict
    No there running fine. Im using pure dyes direct from suppliers so there basicly 2500% stronger than any dye you get retail such as fesser. eg 1 drop of green will do 1 pint .. god knows how many you would need from fesser range just to equal the strength i make.

Im not adding any additives or any tricks to make a week dye look strong and as long as they are run with a simple bioside they work well.

Im sending out samples tomorrow that ppl have requested to see how they go and ive made a few up in different colours as ppl's request.

If i do end up selling these dye's they will be retailing at £3.00 per (inc delv) 15ml bottle which is enough to do more loops then most people will ever use.

Got to add though these dyes will stain you system over time like all dyes.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 07-22-2009 at 03:22 PM.

The secret of murderjuice ???

Xtreme Addict
    for got to add these are none acid dyes so should not have the precipitation issue. but when mixed with bioside may. This how ever is down to the user .. e.g if you use it with normal water from the tap your going to have problems.

wich we all know about . I would only use some thing like a few drops of iodine with it. All so i would go sticking it in a mixed loop of metals else some thing bad may happen that is out of my control.

At the end of the day these are simple dyes with no extras thrown in so any harm done to a system will be because a user has stuck some dumb chemical in with the dye to make them react badly.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 07-22-2009 at 03:37 PM.

Chasing After Diety
    edit: ack didnt read..

nice color... but yeah the staining.. :\
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Banned
    so how long until it stains my parts & permanantly stains my tubing?

Nice coloring though I've never used a dye

Xtreme Addict
    its all down to factors involved.

e.g say you take my dye and go nuts with a Purple colour and stick loads in then your system is running hot it wont take long before it stains every thing (cannot give a time scale).

This is the same with any colour you put in your system. If you running Clear blue it wont stain for a very long time.

If running UV green/yellow again it wont stain as much as these dyes are not as dark as others.

Like i say ALL dyes stain there is no avoidance on that and if a dye maker says they don't then they are lying because they don't know what else you are running in your system with it or if you running mixed metals or some sort of wired tubing.

I cannot give a time scale because i don't know how many drops you have in or your bioside ect ect ect.

If how every you regular clean you system then you wont have any problems to be honest. (but not many people do that they expect miracles to happen lol)

God im so honest at times.

Xtreme Addict
    The green is amazing.

I may just try this...

EDIT: Any idea where to buy Fluorescein Fluorescent Dye? The cheapest thing I can find is some dude on ebay selling enough for 400 gallons.
    Last edited by faster3200; 07-22-2009 at 05:46 PM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    No there running fine. Im using pure dyes direct from suppliers so there basicly 2500% stronger than any dye you get retail such as fesser. eg 1 drop of green will do 1 pint .. god knows how many you would need from fesser range just to equal the strength i make.

Im not adding any additives or any tricks to make a week dye look strong and as long as they are run with a simple bioside they work well.

Im sending out samples tomorrow that ppl have requested to see how they go and ive made a few up in different colours as ppl's request.

If i do end up selling these dye's they will be retailing at £3.00 per (inc delv) 15ml bottle which is enough to do more loops then most people will ever use.

Got to add though these dyes will stain you system over time like all dyes.
    these look great and very bright. so i'm assuming you're from UK? would these be sold over here in the states? maybe we can do a group order and have a huge shipment to the US.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFireDragon View Post
    these look great and very bright. so i'm assuming you're from UK? would these be sold over here in the states? maybe we can do a group order and have a huge shipment to the US.
    They sell UV dye in the U.S. people use it for parties dumping it in pools and all kinds of crazy stuff

Theres a bunch here: http://riskreactor.com/Fluorescent_D..._Dyes_Main.htm

I'm sure theres quite a few more places to get it as well if you look around, not sure which if any is better than the other.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post
    its all down to factors involved.

e.g say you take my dye and go nuts with a Purple colour and stick loads in then your system is running hot it wont take long before it stains every thing (cannot give a time scale).

This is the same with any colour you put in your system. If you running Clear blue it wont stain for a very long time.

If running UV green/yellow again it wont stain as much as these dyes are not as dark as others.

Like i say ALL dyes stain there is no avoidance on that and if a dye maker says they don't then they are lying because they don't know what else you are running in your system with it or if you running mixed metals or some sort of wired tubing.

I cannot give a time scale because i don't know how many drops you have in or your bioside ect ect ect.

If how every you regular clean you system then you wont have any problems to be honest. (but not many people do that they expect miracles to happen lol)

God im so honest at times.
    i see, thanks for your honesty, but i already knew that =)

how much to shop to NYC, USA?

Banned
    very nice UV dyes!!!

Xtreme Addict
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCsESTt2Ikk

Little vid i did last night before i went to bed.

I can get a price to send to the US if you like but please remember thee are only sample of test products. they have no warranty as such and care must be taken at all times. These are that strong if you spill on any top it will stain.

What colours would you like and would you like them in liquid or dry power form.

Each sample will be £2.50 plus the price of the post and packing and will be sent in a sealed padded envelope.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 07-23-2009 at 01:26 AM.

hi mayhem nice to see u posted this on here too

Xtreme Addict
    hi noobieocer not normal for me to post here .. like i said before lol more read xs more than any thing else. Bit surprised at the reaction to be honest.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I would think you'd need a surfactant of some sort to keep it from gumming up and settling in your blocks and reservoir.

Xtreme Addict
    The can be added with the biosside. This should not gum up in anyway. again its down to what you mix up your self. You can all ways blame one thing or another for gumming but its normally when you mix two chemicals that react in a incorrect manner.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 07-23-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Ok, so they don't gunk up at all, and they can be used with biocide. I assume that, because they are added to swimming pools, they aren't poisonous either? I ask because I have a cat and, if something happens (hope it doesn't), I don't want it to spill and have her lick it up. Its why I was considering just plain distilled and maybe later add UV tubing. I don't like the tubing because I want the res to be the same color as the tubing (it looks better).

How much water does one of your samples color?

Xtreme Addict
    These are not for consumption and there for if your cat licked it up i would seek a vets advise immediately. Any thing that you stick in a water loop isn't good for Consumption.

I had some on my tongue the other day and it didn't taste very nice at all. How ever all i did was swig my mouth out with water till it was clear.

Prices are up on ebay now.

Again for those who missed this is several colour's mixed in 1 pt glass mounted on top a 2 UV leds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCsESTt2Ikk
    Last edited by mlwood37; 08-04-2009 at 04:16 AM.

Page 1 of 45 123411 ... LastLast