Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

Thread: Home made UV dyes

Xtreme Member
    What 50/50 mix is that green in post 448?

That is the color I want.

Got the dyes in sometime in the last couple of days and out of the actual mail today. o_O

so the 2 x 5ml are the deep red and the 3rd is biocide ... what's a good mixture on the biocide? just test it and see what works?

I should have at least a couple pics up soon.

Thanks! ^_^

Xtreme Addict
    IFMU - we found the biocide to be a bit super strong. Best advise for biocide is to mix that 10ml bottle you have to 100 ml and add 1 drop of the this new 100ml mix to your system lol ....

I have now waterd down all my biocide since this problem was found. The reason for it being so strong is because it does a instagib on all parasites in you system and blocks out UV to all green algue. By watering it down futher it lessions the effect and doesnt instagib the green algie more or less just gentley slaps it arround a bit till its dead .....

Seufar - the mix is a 50/50 mix of UV green & UV yellow/green
    Last edited by mlwood37; 01-31-2010 at 01:31 PM.
    Mayhems Lastest News -> https://www.facebook.com/Mayhems2009

If you need to direct contact me its michael at mayhems dot co dot uk.

I got a question. How can i achieve that color mixture? I got the 54 i think bottle you sent me. How many drops did you use?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by 4ddiction View Post
    I got a question. How can i achieve that color mixture? I got the 54 i think bottle you sent me. How many drops did you use?
    As per the norm 1 drop at a time till your happy. give it a few seconds each drop.. the ref no on the bottle is just for me to know some thing. You all have virtualy the same mix in these demo samples ive sent out.

the idear of you getting the samples is to play and give me you thoughts and pictures. - Some have blue mix some have the new green mix and IFMU has a special mix made just for him but if he likes it and you all like the dyes then ill sell them.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 01-31-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Sounds good to me ill start experimenting

Xtreme Addict
    Shop Updated with

UV yellow Green No 2 5ml
    Deep Blue 5ml

Same price as before. Remember XS discount code when ordering.

Xtreme Member
    w00t, just placed an order, can't wait for it to test it out and show off the pics

Hey, I just realized that all the water I have has stuff in it to stop crap from growing.
    So I need to get some new water. It will take me a little bit to get it and get the system flushed out.

I will get some pics up, very likely it will be when I get a few parts in for a work-log I'm going to be starting very soon. Just need to figure out a few details and get a few parts ordered.
    I will post up a pic or two in here and link to my work-log thread.

That ok with you?

Chasing After Diety
    AHAHAHA marty got involved in the dye madness too.

Well im still loving my clear UV. :P
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Member
    Hey something I started wondering. The staining. I dont really mind staining the tubing like I've said before, but how about blocks staining? Do blocks really stain badly? Or will the color just make a "layer" on them but can be easily cleaned off. Just having some 2nd thoughts whether i should use the blue dye or just stick to UV blue. Blocks will be nickeled and I dont want them to end up blue for life and neither in a shape where I would have to use smth like vinegar to clean them.

edit: oh and how's acrylic...? Will use a EK multioption..
    Last edited by Elpy; 02-02-2010 at 12:00 PM.
    Specs:
    HW: Lian Li PC-A71F | i7 920 | P6T Deluxe | HD5870 | 6GB OCZ Platinum 2000mhz | AX850W | Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 | Intel X25-M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB Caviar Green
    WC: EK-FC5870 | EK Supreme HF | Swiftech MCP655 with EK top | ThermoChill PA120.2 | ThermoChill PA120.3 | EK Multioption 250
    Other: Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans | Aqua Computer Aquaero | Bitspower Comp. Fittings

Quote Originally Posted by NaeKuh View Post
    AHAHAHA marty got involved in the dye madness too.

Well im still loving my clear UV. :P
    LoL
    Yea, I've been following this for a bit. The red just would work too well with the layout Im going to be going with. I was very tempted to just go with colored tubing, but thought I would give this a shot. Might be able to get a better color out of it.

I love the clear UV too... I just dont really run UV stuff too much overall anymore.
    If/when I get a rig together with UV, odds are that's the route I'll end up going.

Xtreme Addict
    Elpy.

It all depends on the res you have some res's god for bid me saying this have cheap ass plastic and can stain. The blocks are fine and normly it doesnt stain badly. the stain isnt a build up but a actual stain as in burn in with the high UV dyes as they are acid based. So the yellow / green , Pink , Orange, green will all have this effect. The blue , UV blue and other normal colours are not like this and should not has such a drastic input. The UV blue is the only fluid that is not a dye its a optical brightner hence will never stain at all (famous last words lol).

"I eat motherboards"
    How's staining or has the product not been out long enough to judge, if the staining is minimal you can count on an order from me in the future.

You say acid base, organic based or?? If I do get this I'll have to change tubing since the moor mans tygon (Durelene?) can't handle organic acids.
    杰森
    I can picture in my mind a world without hate, a world without violence.
    And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Xtreme Member
    Never knew the dyes were acid based. Just ordered the UV Pink and i had also ordered 10ft of 1/2" ID and 3/4" OD Durelene tubing from sidewinder's. It says its chemical resistance is "good" for both strong and weak acids. I wonder how strong the UV Pink is?

Xtreme Addict
    All UV dyes are acid based dyes as they use a natral mineral. The problem is mosts compnays havent gone in to full detail on there added chems into there dyes pre mixed liquids.. cos they dont know.

how ever the acidty of the acid is realy low but given very long time periods the acid can stain. Over 1 year period 5mls in one single loop will stain the tubes but with min staining on the Blocks. How ever if you go sticking 5mls into one loop i shall shoot you my self. At 1ml you should be fine. Tygone typeing is best.

The dyes i do use are anaimal safe (and im going to say it but for god sake done do it, human safe). The dyes i buy in there raw form are used in lake and pond mediums for carp fish. So they are envirmently frendly ect ect.

How ever the consentrate you lot buy would not be good to drink , feed your animal becuase i make them so strong. hence why they stain your hands.

"Oh yeh baby" ive spent the last 12 months resurching this stuff lol...

JasonDTM -> Ive shown staning in this thread and how i achived it. -> http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...7&postcount=53

radi4fun -> Your dye was sent this morning.
    Last edited by mlwood37; 02-02-2010 at 05:43 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mlwood37 View Post

radi4fun -> Your dye was sent this morning.
    AWESOME as soon as i get it, and have found some water blocks for my Rampage Extreme, and get some UV CCFL from Fry's, i will post pics of what it looks like. Just curious, how many people have bought the UV Pink dye? and out of the lot, how many have shown you a pic of their setup? i would love to know what to expect. Also just curious, in your UV Pink test, in this Res it turns kind of red

I was wondering if you had tested any of the dye's in an EK res?

Xtreme Addict
    If EK were to donate me a res id test it out but im just using what i have currently.

Im defo not going out buying reses just to test dyes as it cost's me money. And i dont make any thing as it is.

Sorry as for sales figures i wont diveulge them to any one as i have competers and i wouldnt like to make them fret lol ...

BTW - the pic you see dont show its real vibrance and its not easy to catch the real colour very well.

Got to add if EK uses the same plastic as they do in there blocks for there reses then ive had no staining after 9 months ...
    Last edited by mlwood37; 02-02-2010 at 06:01 PM.

Xtreme Member
    ahh ok that is fine i understand. but anyways i can't wait for mine, and thanks for shipping it out fast

Xtreme Member
    How would one tell the difference between green/UV green and yellow/UV green? I think I ordered Green/UV green but cant get it to look green under normal light...

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Seufar View Post
    How would one tell the difference between green/UV green and yellow/UV green? I think I ordered Green/UV green but cant get it to look green under normal light...
    UV Green is green with daylight and UV Yellow/Green is more yellow with daylight and shows up green with UV light.

The best way to find out if it's UV Green or UV Yellow/Green is to put a little bit water in a glass and add a few drops dye.
    Last edited by Alien Grey; 02-06-2010 at 02:54 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    For any one intrested

Im now shipping to a online retailer in poland so if you living in poland youll be able to get the dies direct from them. Ill post details of the shop once they receve there order . This is good news as if more shops decide to stock my product it means youll be able to buy more localy.

I do offer a Large discount to resellers who bulk buy.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Seufar View Post
    It will tell you on the bottle what you have. UV green alone is quite light and reqires more drops than normal to achive a bright green colour. If using mayhem Biocide at the same time then youll will need to dilute the Biocide 10ml bottle to 90ml's of liquid (giveing you 100ml of biocide) and then add 1 or 2 drops to you mix.

The biocide was erm a little to strong when i first made it and this causes the green to fade. hence why it must be waterd down first.

The new biocide has been corrected so that this not happen any more.

Xtreme Addict
    any one else got any of the pics of the dyes sent out. Thank you.

I will be posting info this time of who receved what as a few reviewers have the dyes and i fancy a little feed back this time arround. Any ones who posted pics and feed back need not to worrie .

Not that I wouldn't want to purchase some of your products, but I am using blue UV tubing already, I don't think you could see the dye through it.

However, I am in need of a solution for UV dye, doesn't matter the color, that I can pick up locally in use for leak testing.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=244973

Do you have any ideas? Thanks!
    ASUS P7P55D-E DELUXE 1504 BIOS / i7 875K / CORSAIR 2x 4GB VENGEANCE
    CORSAIR AX850 / 160GB INTEL X25-M G2 / 150GB VELOCIRAPTOR / 750GB WD BLACK
    7 PRO X64 SP1 / CATALYST 11.3 / AFTERBURNER 2.1 / MSI R6970 TWIN FROZR III LIGHTNING

Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast