Thread: Are there still issues with the Ultra X3 1000W?

Are there still issues with the Ultra X3 1000W?

I just got an Ultra X3 1000W in preperation to go GTX260 or 275 SLI and I was wondering if there are still issues with the NEW version (ULT40311) with stability?

thanks

Phenom 955
    Asus M4N82 980a
    SLI 9800GT
    Ultra X3 1000W
    8GB OCZ SLI PC6400

i wouldent touch it, they dont seam to work like the originals and its kinda expensive for what it is

ultra also sued every1 who makes modular psus since they apparently think that they did it 1st, i wouldent want to support a company with that behavior
    5930k, R5E, samsung 8GBx4 d-die, vega 56, wd gold 8TB, wd 4TB red, 2TB raid1 wd blue 5400
    samsung 840 evo 500GB, HP EX 1TB NVME , CM690II, swiftech h220, corsair 750hxi

when i ment i got it i ment in its in and running I got the ULT40311 which I think is the updated model and the old one is the ULT40064 which was discontinued

Tiger review:

"Had an issue with the old model of this power supply shutting down randomly while using 3d applications and running a 200 series graphics card.(model #40064) Was out of warranty because build took longer than a month to get funds. Long story short, contacted Ultra and they stand behind their company slogan of striving to satisy their customers. Replacement model (#40311) issued after being on phone for 5 minutes. No cost to me for replacement. Ultra actually cares about their customers and I definately recommend them to my friends and family. New power supply only took 3 days to be received after initial phone call. In this economy, Ultra still cares about satisfying their customers. Highly recommend those who had problems get in touch with them."
    Last edited by hummer11; 07-22-2009 at 12:18 PM.

I've been running an Ultra X3 1000w and an X3 600w for a couple years now with no problems (since the POS enermax galaxy 1000w blew up).

do u know which version u have?

I can't see the label because the psu is on it's side in the bottom level of my test rack.

Did the new version come out two years ago ?

I don't kno when did u get urs?

Quote Originally Posted by hummer11 View Post
    I don't kno when did u get urs?
    About two years ago.

i guess ill have to wait till i get the cards

I have the Ultra X3 1000W ... bought it about 18 months ago. It worked fine, then I had an issue where I was only getting 9V instead of 12V. An few emails back and forth to Ultra Customer Service, and the RMA was done - smoothest one I've done yet. They cross shipped the new PSU (took my credit card, but didn't charge it, and cancelled the hold on it when they received the old PSU). Sorry - don't have the old one, so don't know what model/revision it was.

Xtreme Infrastructure Eng
    I've been using an X3 1000W in my primary rig for the past 15 months. I only power on this computer if I'm using it and shut it down when I'm finished, so plenty of power cycles. No problems whatsoever(knocks on wood.) I'll edit this post with the revision when I get home from work tonight.

Edit: Where can I find the model/revision number? Could it be behind the mounting bracket for my case that attaches to the same panel as the AC input?

Also, the different model numbers listed earlier in this thread seem to correspond to whether or not the PSU is branded for SLI/CF: http://www.ultraproducts.com/product...&productID=632
    Last edited by Gogeta; 08-06-2009 at 01:20 PM.
    Less is more.

Xtreme Member
    good luck on the power supplys guys.