Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Project: Bangra - i7 SLI

Xtreme Member
    right then, after an unusually long period of time not buying hardware i have decided to make some adjustments to my finished build

there were things that never got done that i wanted to get finished and never did

after living with a system for a while i always find faults and feel that things are not complete or need to improve in some way

these are minor adjustments and dont really fit in with the overall finished product

RAID0 Solid State drives suck. the performance degredation on them is inexcusable. in fact, so much so that i have decided that they will be coming out and a single 160GB intel drive will replace it for my OS and Apps

this should see an improvement [using latest firmware] in write performance and obviously allow me to use the all important TRIM function

i won a 160GB drive in the intel competition that i will be sticking in the system to run games exclusivley
    i understand that this is massive and totally self indulgant, but i have spent a lot on steam this christmas :p

i am still waiting for something exciting to happen to graphics to make me justify an upgrade on the 4890s, but those cards eat everything maxxed out. going by the current rate of development in the gpu industry, it will be a year before i even consider an upgrade

aesthetically the system is missing something, i have grown a dislike towards the roof fans, they looked good to start with but dont realistically push a lot of air and i think something a bit more pleasing to the eye is required

the solution is a roof window, similar to the murdermod example, but obviously without the murdermod logo etc

this example shows a clear window but i will be aiming to have a tinted window to match the tinted side panel window - hopefully this should mean that the stealthy exterior remains

i have also realised that whilst the tinted windows look amazing, they do restrict the ability to view the hardware and interior of the case
    lets face it this is where all of my work went into so i want to show it off.

initially i was going to bang some cathodes in there or make some kind of LED system to go behind the motherboard.

my computer deserves a treat so i will be ordering a murdermod luminous panel to light up the system subtly and show the interior through the tinted windows.

it should fit in with the overall theme of the build and provide a nice finishing touch whilst also making the entire system look a little more exotic.

let me know your thoughts guys, any input is always appreciated
    ≠ 4770K - R9 290X Crossfire
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Xtreme Member
    also, does anyone have any idea what bitspower fittings are needed to pass tub ing through the luminous MM panel
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjkoneill View Post
    also, does anyone have any idea what bitspower fittings are needed to pass tub ing through the luminous MM panel
    I believe Charles drills and taps the holes for you, so you don't need pass throughs.
    Regards,
    Chris

Core i7 920 3931A318 4.4GHz 1.375vcore | EVGA X58 Classified E760 | EVGA GTX470 1280MB | Corsair Dominator GT 7-8-7-20 1688MHz | Heatkiller 3.0 CU and Feser xChanger 480 | Seasonic M12 (Soon to be replaced)

Xtreme Member
    thats cool then - thanks H2O

i will ask him on my next email anyway to make sure.

oh yeah, here is a link to the intel challenge that i took part in

just got myself two bottles of nano fluid to go into my loop when it gets reassembled

once the light panel arrives i will need to redo my loop so i may as well get some nice fluid. i think the nano fluid will look great as i have never seen anyone using the cloudy white fluid before
    it could look pretty cool in the EK reservoir

might have to get Charles to throw in some white ek res holders with my order too
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Xtreme Member
    top panel has now arrived, will be fitting it when the light panel arrives.

im guessing its still on the slowboat to the USA
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Did you get the tinted top window or the clear one? I ordered the tinted version, I'm curious to see what it looks like.
    [SIGPIC]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/867340.png[/SIGPIC]

Just wondering how you ended up mounting the quad rad. I noticed that you used a rad stand for the 120.2 but couldn't see one on the quad.

Great build! One of my favourites.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elbeasto View Post
    Just wondering how you ended up mounting the quad rad. I noticed that you used a rad stand for the 120.2 but couldn't see one on the quad.

Great build! One of my favourites.
    thanks elbeasto

the rad stand is from watercooling UK
    its one of thier own custom products

well well well

look what we have here

perspex window for the roof of my case
    this takes the fan numbers down by two. a really nicely finished product in my opinion, very impressed.

as luck would have it my package from Charles H [murdermod] arrived today
    it contains the template and instructions on how to mark out the tubing holes for my luminous panel

and here are the bits i am gathering for when i make finishing touches

white nano fluid
    it IS the best. discussion over.

we wont go into what it looks like

a new 1366 socket, just because every little detail counts, now my socket matches my black nickel watercooling fittings

BLING

BLING

thats it for now, a few treats are still in store. keep reading

rjk
    Last edited by rjkoneill; 03-29-2010 at 02:34 PM.
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Xtreme Member
    That socket is FREAKING AWESOME!
    PDXLan attendee 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,10.5,11,12,12.5,13,14,14.5,15 ,(16),(16.5) - Ad Infinitum

Heatware is nlancaster - http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=50777

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Looks nice but you wont be able to see it lol
    Lian Dream: i7 2600k @ 4.7Ghz, Asus Maximus IV Gene-z, MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr III, 8GB 2x4GB Mushkin Ridgeback, Crucial M4 128GB x2, Plextor PX-755SA, Seasonic 750 X, Lian-li
    HTPC: E5300@3.8, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, Gigabyte 5750 Silentcell, Mushkin 2GBx2, 2x 500gb Maxtor Raid 1, 300gb Seagate, 74gb Raptor, Seasonic G series 550 Gold, Silverstone LC16m

Laptop: XPS15z Crucial M4
    Nikon D700 ~ Nikkor 17-35 F2.8 ~ Nikkor 50mm F1.8
    Lian Dream Work Log
    my smugmug
    Heatware

Xtreme Member
    wow, i didn't know you could do that! looks awesome

Xtreme Member
    I do love the white fluid!!!
    didn't know it existed, and actually whish it did earlier...

doctor pepper's desk
    EVGA P55 FTW | i5 650 @ 4GHz | 4Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 XMS3 | XFX 4870 1Gb | Corsair X32 | Samsung SpinPoint F1 - 320Go | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | Samsung P2450H | Microsoft Laser Desktop 7000 | JBL Spyro Black
    AirCooling: Prolimatech Mega Shadow | Xigmatek Bifrost | Fractal Design SATA Cluster Box | Fractal Design 2x120mm, 2x140mm and 1x92mm

Cosmos-S
    Foxconn BloodRage Rev1.1 Bios P07 | i7 920 D0 @ 4,629GHz max & 4,3GHz stable | 6Gb Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 | XFX 5870 | Sonar X-Fi | Intel X25-M 80 Go PostVille | Samsung SpinPoint F1 - 1To | Corsair HX620W | CoolerMaster Cosmos S | Samsung T240 | Logitech MX-5500 & Z-2300
    Watercooling: Laing DDC + plexi top and tank | CPU - HK 1366 rev 3.0 LT | GPU - EK Water Blocks EK FC5870 V2 - Acétal Nickel | MB - Foxconn's original | HDD - HK SilentStar HD-Single rev 2.0 | radiator - 3x120mm | tubing - High Flex 10/16mm | red PrimoChill ICE coolant

You had a great looking build before but think the changes you are making will make it awesome. I liked your tinted side window. It should go great with the illuminated midplate. I had heard of the milky white nano fluid but hadn't seen it till now. Does that mean you'll be running clear tubing so the fluid can be seen? Looking forward to seeing all the new parts come together.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rjkoneill View Post
    look what we have here

perspex window for the roof of my case
    this takes the fan numbers down by two. a really nicely finished product in my opinion, very impressed.

rjk
    where did you get that window ?
    |::| i7 920 3849A914
    |::|EVGA Classified 760
    |::|G.Skill Trident 6GB DDR3-2000
    |::|BFG GTX 275
    |::|G.Skill Falcon 2 128GB
    |::|WD BLACK 1TBx2
    |::|Ultra X3 1000W
    |::|Powered by Heatkiller LT/Ek-Classified/EK 275GTX /Feser x360/MCP355x2
    |::|LCD: Samsung T260

"Sharing your knowledge is always the best way to learn new things". OPB

i think it's custom made

where did you get that 1366 socket i didn't know that u can buy this

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nlancaster View Post
    That socket is FREAKING AWESOME!
    i like it

Quote Originally Posted by Jokester_wild View Post
    Looks nice but you wont be able to see it lol
    i know, but i will know its there

Quote Originally Posted by callen_1 View Post
    wow, i didn't know you could do that! looks awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by illidan View Post
    i think it's custom made

where did you get that 1366 socket i didn't know that u can buy this
    its from a gigabyte X58A board that got destroyed in transit at work. it was going in the trash so i sniped the socket

Quote Originally Posted by josk1 View Post
    I do love the white fluid!!!
    didn't know it existed, and actually whish it did earlier...
    Quote Originally Posted by Red-5 View Post
    You had a great looking build before but think the changes you are making will make it awesome. I liked your tinted side window. It should go great with the illuminated midplate. I had heard of the milky white nano fluid but hadn't seen it till now. Does that mean you'll be running clear tubing so the fluid can be seen? Looking forward to seeing all the new parts come together.
    thanks for the comments
    i think i will be keeping the white tubing, the only reason i went for the white nano fluid is to fill the gpu blocks and the res with white as the current fluid is clear but has a blue tint to it which i am not happy about.

Quote Originally Posted by hausner View Post
    where did you get that window ?
    the top window and side window are both fron ChilledPC in the UK
    The owner Tom is very helpful and has given me updates on ETAs of the products i have been after for my project. Big thanks to him
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Banned
    Go ON. its a realy good project!!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Wow awesome

Shame you won't see that socket, like at all.
    sigh

Xtreme Member
    changes to the build

still waiting for my parts from murdermod but am expecting some progress pretty soon according to Charles H

removed the troublesome 4890 crossfire and all of the headaches that went alongside them
    added a lovely new Radeon 5870. we wont talk about fermi...
    Nickel plated EK of course

the nanofluid spent around 24 hours in suspension looking lovely and white...
    before it turned a cloudy/clear/bluey type colour. far from ideal but it has had a 4-5'C temp drop across all 6 cores which is just what i needed

I had a creative X-Fi Fatal1ty titanium sound card for about a week, the shoddy driver support and clunky interface meant that it had to go. It has been replaced with the frankly amazing Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E Sound Card.
    This card is infinatly better and the sound quality is brilliant both in game and in music. plus it looks pretty good too.

heres where I'm at now

just waiting on the final few pieces
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Xtreme Enthusiast
    did Skinnee ever post his nanofluid/fluid temp results?..SKINNEE..where you is?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ice Dragon on Facebook

Xtreme Member
    not following you dude?
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Xtreme Member
    i have been eyeing up new motherboards, but cant really justify a new board at all. there simply isnt anything worth bothering with at the moment. all the colour schemes are boring.

everything is red and black or blue and black.
    not very inspiring at all.

i was thinking maybe a purple theme or something different but no hardware meets that criteria at the moment

my murdermod stuff STILL hasnt arrived.
    it was ordered back in January. the latest news is that the light panel is nearly ready but my res holders are a while away.

in other news, i have decided i want to achieve two things for when the panel arrives

1. i want to tone down noise more, this means getting rid of fans and pumps.
    2. i want to tidy up the tubing route and the whole system in general.

so i have set about designing the loop again.
    i am going to remove the double thermochill and run the whole rig off the Quad radiator. the entire rig will run off the four fans on this radiator and the one in the psu.

the rig has a 980X cpu and a single GPU, so it now produces much less heat than it did.

the fans in the roof are being replaced by the tinted roof window and the rear fans will be stripped out.
    i am thinking of getting a blank rear panel to remove the dual 92mm fans from the equation.

either way i am cutting down half the tubing from the front of the case by installing a single pump.
    my two DDC pumps are very good but i am a sucker for anything bitspower make.
    so i got this imported from sidewinder who managed to get it from the USA to my doorstep in the UK in three days. THAT is good skills.

i have since covered the cable with the MDPC braid and put a black molex connector on the pump instead of the nasty white one.

my tj07 is going to be half empty at this rate!

will keep you posted with updates when my panel arrives
    www.overclockers.co.uk

Xtreme Member

Epic post!

after some very saddening news from Murdermod that i wont be getting my light panel any time soon, I have decided to go ahead with my rebuild.
    the panel can go in when it arrives. if it arrives

I would like to thank my sponsor...

Peroni, without which this build would not be possible

out to my shed, where dust reigns supreme!

taking the system apart.

mess

480 epicness

rock solid, and indeed, heart touching

picture does not do this justice.

more mess

refreshments - Peroni #2

my fantastic new D5 [pump of champions]

my tinted top panel that didnt fit. the supplier of this item is very much in my bad books. I had to sand it down to fit.

Meg was not impressed

first ubing route, wasnt too happy with this layout

the big white tube going up to the top looks poor and i need to sort it

"Goodbye EK Multioption Res 250 Version 1"

"Oh Hello EK Multioption Res 250 Version 2"

Pump in its place

coming together after lots of swearing and NathWraith's incessant pestering

www.overclockers.co.uk

Muy Bueno!

I'm going to chalk that tubing re-route up to the new snazzy rez! (and your skills )

Xtreme Addict
    Nice build, boss.

What can you tell us about this NanoFluid?
    \Project\ Triple Surround Fury
    Case:
    Mountain Mods Ascension (modded)
    CPU: i7 920 @ 4GHz + EK Supreme HF (plate #1)
    GPU: GTX 670 3-Way SLI + XSPC Razor GTX670 water blocks
    Mobo: ASUS Rampage III Extreme + EK FB R3E water block
    RAM: 3x 2GB Mushkin Enhanced Ridgeback DDR3 @ 6-8-6-24 1T
    SSD: Crucial M4 256GB, 0309 firmware
    PSU: 2x Corsair HX1000s on separate circuits
    LCD: 3x ASUS VW266H 26" Nvidia Surround @ 6030 x 1200
    Games: AoE II: HD, BF4, MKKE, MW2 via FourDeltaOne (Domination all day!)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast