Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Benching Team

Benching Team

Ok so things are coming together and I am vaguely seeing a starting point for us as a team. Maybe nab a few more recruits, then time to start digging in and getting it done.
    Jody is currently working on the finished forum for the site, and we'll have a private section for the team where we can come together and go over strategy and discuss our benching. This WHOLE team will be benching at a "high" level, maybe higher than what some of you are used to . You have my word I will do whatever it takes to make that happen. Focus is less on my benching, but more on making some of you guys better benchers.

One of the first things is team name. KINGPINCOOLING.COM isn't the final name of the team yet. I have some other ideas, but I want some input from you as it is your team as well. Here are some others I like alot:

Dragon OC Team
    PURE
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 07-18-2009 at 09:51 AM.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Dragon OC Team would be sweet and the flag should be a skull and crossbones to represent the non-nationality Could always settle on a Somalian flag

Admin
    PURE you know I've always been a fan of that one

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    PURE you know I've always been a fan of that one
    +1 for PURE

Only Extreme Need Apply
    thou i dont know what PURE means yet. I think that's nicer
    Buildin

Xtreme Member
    I definitely would like to be a better bencher for sure if nothing else,
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Great idea Vince, just wondering if you need to have a KP Pot to be a part of this team.

Pure +1

hehe we are storming up the team ladder ONly about 1100 points off of #8 spot and we haven't even started working yet
    Team is coming together nicely with a lot of quality guys.
    Lets give them all hell....

@Metro no you don't have to have one of my pots to join the team, but I will do WHATEVER it takes to get you on one soon enough ...WHATEVER IT TAKES buddy.
    Speaking of that did your F1 show up yet Nemesis??

I have always liked PURE for a few reasons. First there use to be this UT clan called PURE, and whenever I ran into one of these guys in 1vs1 I always walked away from the PC afterwards utterly demoralized . Every one of their members was so freaking stellar at the game it was scary and everyone knew it in the competitive UT community. Thats exactly the kind of vibe I want for our bench team.
    Lets take a look at what the word means and see how it applies to us as a team and where we want to go:

(1): unmixed with any other matter <pure gold> (2): free from dust, dirt, or taint <pure springwater> (3): spotless, stainless b: free from harshness or roughness and being in tune —used of a musical tone cof a vowel : characterized by no appreciable alteration of articulation during utterance2 a: being thus and no other : sheer, unmitigated <pure folly> b (1): abstract, theoretical <pure research> (2): a priori <pure mechanics> c: not directed toward exposition of reality or solution of practical problems <pure literature> d: being nonobjective and to be appraised on formal and technical qualities only <pure form>3 a (1): free from what vitiates, weakens, or pollutes (2): containing nothing that does not properly belong b: free from moral fault or guilt c: marked by chastity : continent d (1): of pure blood and unmixed ancestry (2): homozygous in and breeding true for one or more characters e: ritually clean4: having exactly the talents or skills needed for a particular role <a pure shooter in basketball>

Anything with Dragon in it is a good choice too.

$GB$? or DD (the name before it - Deadly Disciples )
    Thats my favourite UT Clan, best 1on1ers, OverToad, Destrukt, XS Pain, I think PURE got bigger after 99 though

I am Xtreme
    I like the idea of PURE benching ... !

Good luck with the team guys.
    Where courage, motivation and ignorance meet, a persistent idiot awakens.

Xtreme Member
    DragonFire?
    DragonIce?
    sorry for my bad english
    Gigabyte Battlefield Pi 1M #3

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Your ideas suck guys.
    Let the teacher give you a proper name.
    Ok, listen...

.::BCF::. aka Bill's Chosen Few

Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Good to see this coming together. After I saw the list of member list over at HWBot, I was really stoked to see a lot of younger and very skilled benchers being picked up. Seems you'll be grooming them to be some of the best around. Can't wait to see the upcoming scores and more meet ups from you guys. This looks like it could be a very good thing

I like PURE for the team name.
    Heatware
    filmbot

Admin
    Team Spicey.

I am Xtreme
    Pure sounds great.
    Donate to XS forums
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhall0315 View Post
    If you are really extreme, you never let informed facts or the scientific method hold you back from your journey to the wrong answer.

Brilliant Idiot
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post
    Team Spicey.
    Here's a mascot for that name

heatware chew*
    I've got no strings to hold me down.
    To make me fret, or make me frown.
    I had strings but now I'm free.
    There are no strings on me

Quote Originally Posted by LardArse View Post
    $GB$? or DD (the name before it - Deadly Disciples )
    Thats my favourite UT Clan, best 1on1ers, OverToad, Destrukt, XS Pain, I think PURE got bigger after 99 though
    Yah i remember Xs pain. Pure was pretty heavy for ut2k3+

I wonder what you would ping this dedicated server I am setting up at the lab..prolly not good Just from my house its 77 or so. Spent most of the day opening up ports on my routers firewall for the game server , finally got it working and I can get to it outside the lan.

Xtreme Member
    Hey KP, thats great news! Great site you have, hope construction goes well around.
    I was thinking on how is the new pot Venom going to perform vs F1EE.
    Also I think I´ll buy some insulation items for prepare OCing again. Just got a new bench table.
    Good luck on going to the top

Xtreme Member
    Very nice Vince! I checked out the forums the other day!
    Last edited by HitandRun; 07-19-2009 at 08:30 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    hehe we are storming up the team ladder ONly about 1100 points off of #8 spot and we haven't even started working yet
    Team is coming together nicely with a lot of quality guys.
    Lets give them all hell....

@Metro no you don't have to have one of my pots to join the team, but I will do WHATEVER it takes to get you on one soon enough ...WHATEVER IT TAKES buddy.
    Speaking of that did your F1 show up yet Nemesis??
    I didn't even know it shipped yet. I'm guessing it will be here tomorrow if you shipped friday. I've got a couple more purchases to make (as you know) and then my onslaught will begin. Quakecon will be here in a couple weeks and I had something special planned prior to the formation of the team.

Not sure about the name thing. K|ngp|n Cooling seems just fine to me.
    Praetor
    » Intel i7 2600K 3103B306 » Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z » Asus GTX 470's TRi-SLI » Corsair Dominator GT CMT4GX3M2A2000C8 » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Corsair 800D
    » Cooling : Swiftec Apogee XT » Swiftec MCP350-DDC1 w/XSPC Dual DDC Bay Reservoir » Swiftech MCR320-QP w/Scythe SlipStreams 110CFM

The Yamato
    » Intel i7 920 3849B028 or i7 980X » Asus Rampage III Extreme Black Edition » Asus HD6970's QuadFireX or Asus GTX 570's 4way SLI » 6GB Corsair Dominator GT TR3X6G1866C7GTF » Corsair Force F180 SSD » Corsair AX1200 PSU » Microcool Banchetto 101
    » Cooling : Dragon F1 Extreme Edition(LN2) » Custom SS by RunMc »

Xtreme Member
    How about PureDragon?
    I mean its simple, but has both great things.
    PureDragon Team. My 2 cents.

Xtreme Member
    Top10 is so close

All the best for your team hope to be there someday

Quote Originally Posted by The Nemesis View Post
    I didn't even know it shipped yet. I'm guessing it will be here tomorrow if you shipped friday. I've got a couple more purchases to make (as you know) and then my onslaught will begin. Quakecon will be here in a couple weeks and I had something special planned prior to the formation of the team.

Not sure about the name thing. K|ngp|n Cooling seems just fine to me.
    Are you going to quakecon?

Quote Originally Posted by N3RO View Post
    Top10 is so close

All the best for your team hope to be there someday

Thanx and I will look forward to that!

xtreme energy
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    Yah i remember Xs pain. Pure was pretty heavy for ut2k3+

I wonder what you would ping this dedicated server I am setting up at the lab..prolly not good Just from my house its 77 or so. Spent most of the day opening up ports on my routers firewall for the game server , finally got it working and I can get to it outside the lan.
    Mate, too bad you are not EU based You still owe me a 1on1 or at least a TAM match

Quote Originally Posted by kiwi View Post
    Mate, too bad you are not EU based You still owe me a 1on1 or at least a TAM match
    Yah for sure
    I am actually getting into the game again since Sham left, maybe if we ever run into each other at an event in your area we can play (though it's doubtful if/when I will travel again, I hate planes

This is just solid gold man. Check out our trophy case team. 11 Global cups
    GO ANDRE!!!
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 07-20-2009 at 07:44 AM.

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast