Thread: 64 bit compatability

Xtreme Member
    None of the software that came with my Blackops is 64 bit compliant, but 64 bit IS the way of the future. Windows will stop support for 32 bit in coming years, forcing all hardware manufacturers to make 64 bit drivers. Windows 7 will be the beginning of this process I dare say. After all, who runs < 4 gb ram these days, except for benching?
    Any chance of Foxconn updating some of their stuff to 64 bit any time soon? Even for their older boards? I imagine the Ageis panel is similar / same for all boards, so once Foxcomm do one 64 bit it should be easy to do the rest?

edit...
    /eats words...
    I got the ageis panel working, from a link thet wotcher sent me. Couldn't install from disk on this OS (Win 7 RC)...
    Mebbe Foxcomm just needs to put out a patch to make their stuff W7 compatible...

edit 2.
    If anyone else is having trouble installing the bundled software on their OS (ie Win. 7 RC) I found a simple, workaround... I put all the CD files in my shared folder on my 32 bit XP comp, then accessed them over my network and installed on the W7 machine.
    The only one that gave me any trouble was the Gigabyte LAN driver... I only have a 10/100 ethernet switch, and the other PC on my network is only 10/100 capable so that may explain why that didn't work so great (no BSOD or anything, just disconnected this comp from internet until I did a system restore).
    Last edited by Spork!; 07-16-2009 at 07:00 PM.

Foxconn promised to support their latest boards with drivers for Windows 7: http://www.foxconnchannel.com/Produc...ws7/index.html. I'm sure that they'll be released before October.