Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 110

Thread: K|ngp|n left...

  1. #26
    Xtremely Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    2,502
    Wise words

    Good luck with the new team Vince.

  2. #27
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,101
    i hate when people leave a team without so much as a good bye.
    guess i missed his see you guys thread

    its not like i'm on your team or anything so what i feel on the matter dont mean a whole hell of alot

    heres to you true team player little guys
    Last edited by cowie; 07-16-2009 at 04:19 AM.
    _________________

  3. #28
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    299
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post

    P.S. and remember my words : "If your dream dies, you die"[/B]
    OMG!!! that completely sunk into my heart, I guess nothing can be more true.....salute to you for your determination and achievements.....
    EVGA Classified (MSI XPower), 980X (i5 661, i5 680, i7 950, E8600, QX9650, E8400), Thermalright Venomous X , Kingston Hyper X 2000Mhz, MSI 480GTX (5870, 4870x2, Visiontek 3870 x2, XFX 8800GT w/HR03GT), DELL E248WFP, CM Silent Power Pro 1000W, Seagate 1TB + 1TB + 500GB+500GB, Auzentech X-Plosion, CM Bench Station, AL 641, MX 518, New G15 Keyboard


  4. #29
    PI in the face
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,084
    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You seem to forget that 99% of those sponsored did just that on there own pockets for a very long time.......

    There is also a huge amount of pressure. The grass is not greener on the other side.
    I dont disagree that there is pressure or that I wish I was sponsored. I for one enjoy not having to post "look how great my gigabyte board is" or take binned memory and show "you too can break the ddr3 world record" threads.

    So how much money do I have to spend before I get free stuff or paid? How is it a level playing field if anyone is getting any help from any source other than their own pockets? This brings up ES chips as well, on HWbot you have to own the hardware and people posting with ES chips are breaking the rules as intel/AMD are the owners of those chips. This also why they cant be sold legally.

    Half the people that have hammered me in this thread have in the past or currently get free stuff etc

    PS I dont doubt the skill of any of the top clockers fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

  5. #30
    Xtreme 3D Team
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    444
    They are making a Dream Team
    k|ngp|n, AndreYang, Brian y, Gautam, 3oh6...

    Good luck to the new Hwbot Team! (Not that they would need any )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #31
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    184
    "This brings up ES chips as well, on HWbot you have to own the hardware and people posting with ES chips are breaking the rules as intel/AMD are the owners of those chips. This also why they cant be sold legally."


    Exactly, hence I don't bench anymore. HWbot bend's the rules when it's favorable to them. It's a paid/sponsored sport now. It generates revenue. I still have fun benching for myself, but I have lost all interest in HWbot and Futuremark rankings. I don't even compete in the threads anymore. But I'm still having my fun.

  7. #32
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,938
    Bobby, a wise man told me "It's not who you know, it's who you blow". Now that doesn't mean that people have to start blowing other people for hardware, but greased palms are greased palms.

    As for the KP starting his own bot team....can't blame him. His nick name is attached to a product and is a product, and working the bot under XS didn't get his name out there. If anything KP is learning to be aggressive in marketing and that's what needs to be done to be successful as a company and as a product.

    To the sponsored lads harping on Bobby for his frustrations; think what it would have been like if you were 100% self funded in these economic times, being forced to compete against the guys who get the good stuff on a silver platter. Take a look at this guys bot progress (under splave for Team NBOC), he's the real deal and his point has merit.

    Cheers and all the best to KP and XS.

    Rev
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+





    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

  8. #33
    Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylite View Post
    I dont disagree that there is pressure or that I wish I was sponsored. I for one enjoy not having to post "look how great my gigabyte board is" or take binned memory and show "you too can break the ddr3 world record" threads.

    So how much money do I have to spend before I get free stuff or paid? How is it a level playing field if anyone is getting any help from any source other than their own pockets? This brings up ES chips as well, on HWbot you have to own the hardware and people posting with ES chips are breaking the rules as intel/AMD are the owners of those chips. This also why they cant be sold legally.

    Half the people that have hammered me in this thread have in the past or currently get free stuff etc

    PS I dont doubt the skill of any of the top clockers fyi.
    It isn't a matter of spending XXX amount of dollars in order to receive YYY amount of free stuff.. it is about spending enormous amounts of time developing a brand out of your own pocket. Then you move on to the PR departments and hope that all your work is enough for them to warrant chucking a board or video card your way.

    I am a college student who makes several hundreds of dollars a month at most. In order to afford my hobby I review hardware on the side making what is the equivalent to less than minimum wage in order to be able to play with nice toys. After dumping in all this time you damn well know I'll be knocking out some hwbot points with a combination of earned and seeded gear in an attempt to acquire more seeded gear. Competitive benching is a business, the moment you realize that doors start to open.

  9. #34
    PI in the face
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,084
    I hear ya gomeler, just saying if you enjoy messing with hardware, is getting paid minimum wage to play with it a bad thing as you go to school? Hell if I could get paid to get lap dances at 7.50 and hour I would for sure be down for that, on the side that is

    king is obviously smart for starting his own team as reverend stated, gets his name and product out there.

    Its like a guy that likes to squeeze the last drop of horsepower out of his car racing a nascar. I get that the nascar guy probably started as a little known guy spending all his cash and using skillz to become what he is now but he certainly isnt going to be racing against a nascar guy with his little pinto from the beginning rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

  10. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by FUGGER View Post
    It is all good, he didnt leave the planet yet so its not like he is gone.

    No need to argue about sponsors, we all welcome any support we can get.
    For sure. Xs is still my number one place, how can it not be..


    There is no special reason for this nor does it have anything to do with XS. If I disapointed or let any XS guys down, I'm really sorry for that. I've benched as hard as I could and made HUGE personal sacrifices over last two-three years of my life benching for XS and just benching in general. I have been wanting to form my own COMPETITIVE benching team for a long time now. The eventual goal is worldwide domination, but it may take some time to get there.

    Right now the team isn't "open", and to be on it you need to be willing to dedicate time and effort into making the team succesful.
    You dont have to be some super duper sponsored guy or a known name to be on the team at all, only have the PROVEN KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCE, WORK ETHIC and the DRIVE to be able to get it done. I am willing to try and help guys out with cooling HW and other misc. pieces of HW through manuf I work with that need it

    As for the sponsored thing that comes up often, yah I have good manuf connections, but I have worked so HARD for so long for those hookups guys. Again, I have made huge personal sacrifices in my life for overclocking that I may or may not regret one day when I look back on all of this
    The pressure and stress that comes with the territory has been at times nearly unbearable. People expect things out of you at one point, and any less is just not enough. This goes for any of the guys with "hookups".When manuf gives you a new platform or product, they expect you to not only make it work but set records with it. Any less is failure. Doesn't matter if the bios's suck, components are incompatible, hw needs 100 mods to run right, or the competitors product is flat out better. You have to find a way to make it happen PERIOD or it is failure. It's alot to deal with I'm tellin ya.
    I am a big sponsor now as well though..ya know I have given out more $$$ in containers and also spent more money on LN2 developing units and benching than maybe 95% of every overclocker out there has ever spent on HW alone.
    There is major ebb & flow that most don't see.
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 07-16-2009 at 09:39 AM.

  11. #36
    PI in the face
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    3,084
    ^ Great post thanks for some perspective king
    Quote Originally Posted by L0ud View Post
    So many opinions and so few screenshots

  12. #37
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    18
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylite View Post
    I hear ya gomeler, just saying if you enjoy messing with hardware, is getting paid minimum wage to play with it a bad thing as you go to school? Hell if I could get paid to get lap dances at 7.50 and hour I would for sure be down for that, on the side that is

    king is obviously smart for starting his own team as reverend stated, gets his name and product out there.

    Its like a guy that likes to squeeze the last drop of horsepower out of his car racing a nascar. I get that the nascar guy probably started as a little known guy spending all his cash and using skillz to become what he is now but he certainly isnt going to be racing against a nascar guy with his little pinto from the beginning rofl.
    No doubt that King made a wise business decision starting his own team.

    I think what Splave is saying, and I totally agree with, if the racing circuit is goin to be like nascar, those teams are required to use similar equipment. This way, the driver's skill makes all the difference in winning. Our racing teams don't even have access to these products to increase our point standings in nascar to race in the final field of cars, even if we were willing to spend the money.

    The same argument holds true for the guys destroying wprime with the servers where they work, wth? Once again, do they own these components?

    Maybe majors and minors or pro and novice for the bot?

  13. #38
    I am Xtreme
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,584


    sorry kp i didn't mean to open up a can of ....

    i better shut up again...i need to get me some more trophies


  14. #39
    I forgot to add something pretty important. Our new team is a MULTI-NATIONAL effort. It's not an American team at all, it doesn't matter where you are in the world, if you have what "it" takes we want you.
    I've asked HWBot for another option for a special team flag other than the stupid one with the question mark. Lets see if they come through

  15. #40
    Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    9,440
    Pirate flag?

  16. #41
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    1,938
    Slayer flag?
    GB 790XTA UD4
    GSkill Pi Black 2000 Cas9
    ASUS 4870
    Enermax Revolution 1050+





    http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=67661

  17. #42
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Prestonsburg, KY
    Posts
    547
    Totally awesome response K|ngp|n!! One thing people seem to forget is that YOU were the one who wanted hwbot to offer the option of NO POINTS for sponsered guys. Although you are big time, and have made it, you still look out for the little guy. Gotta respect that.

    As far as the sponsered thing goes.... we all want to get there, and it totally sucks competing with guys who already are. What can ya do though? Push Harder


    Edit: Isnt' the slayer flag a must?


  18. #43
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Krypton, Hawaii
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    I forgot to add something pretty important. Our new team is a MULTI-NATIONAL effort. It's not an American team at all, it doesn't matter where you are in the world, if you have what "it" takes we want you.
    I've asked HWBot for another option for a special team flag other than the stupid one with the question mark. Lets see if they come through
    In an overclocking community that has opened up and broken down so many traditional world barriers and territorial lines to come together, it only makes sense to think as one global community and reset the cosmos.

    On the other hand "I'm proud to be an American" and represent the Red White and Blue Region. But I think this can be done with individual user flags whilst the team flag is non-discriminate or alienating to a multi-national team.

    Best clocks to the new team, when's the innaugeration bench ceramony? It should be yearly

  19. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Pirate flag?
    Did you know that with a slight rearrangemnt of your streets letters you get Mescalin?

    Hwbot is a slippery slope right? I try to do whats best over there usually because I want to make the world a better place Seriously, I think most guys are doing the right thing when ti comes to hwbot. You dont really see alot of shenanigans that goes on at futuremark. The orb has become the wild wild west, but thats sorta always been the case. It doesn't have to translate to hwbot.
    I don't submit ES or pre-release stuff anymore and try to use retail availble product when I can. Like Giorgioprimo and Leghorn says... "I do what I can"
    BTW--We want you and those Gorgeous 1K hwpoints guys!! Come to the darkside my friends.

  20. #45
    Admin
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    5,770
    Your a very respectable/honest person Vince. I could see you were determined ever since the day I met you. Your determination has paid off.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

    is the remedy

  21. #46
    3D Team Captain
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Munich, Germany
    Posts
    4,130
    How come every thread about hwbot turns into an argument about sponsorship?!

    Thanks for the post Vince, very much appreciated! And good luck with your new team!

    I just wonder how long it will take until they are in front of us in the team ranking.
    It's time to bench some more....

    Quote Originally Posted by chew* View Post
    You can never have enough D9's.

  22. #47
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Krypton, Hawaii
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by Don_Dan View Post
    How come every thread about hwbot turns into an argument about sponsorship?!

    Thanks for the post Vince, very much appreciated! And good luck with your new team!

    I just wonder how long it will take until they are in front of us in the team ranking.
    It's time to bench some more....
    A few more minutes I reckon

  23. #48
    Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    9,440
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    Did you know that with a slight rearrangemnt of your streets letters you get Mescalin?

    Hwbot is a slippery slope right? I try to do whats best over there usually because I want to make the world a better place Seriously, I think most guys are doing the right thing when ti comes to hwbot. You dont really see alot of shenanigans that goes on at futuremark. The orb has become the wild wild west, but thats sorta always been the case. It doesn't have to translate to hwbot.
    I don't submit ES or pre-release stuff anymore and try to use retail availble product when I can. Like Giorgioprimo and Leghorn says... "I do what I can"
    BTW--We want you and those Gorgeous 1K hwpoints guys!! Come to the darkside my friends.
    A couple of times I shipped stuff with Mescalin St NW as the street I think the street was named after Mescalin when someone high on Mescalin misspelled Mescalin.

  24. #49
    Xtreme X.I.P.
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,745
    This is pretty much a dream team, all you need now is that greek guy to sign up...lol

    Good luck to you all.

    later
    Raja

  25. #50
    all outta gum
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    3,393
    While we're at dream teams, why is Shamino not at HWBot?
    www.teampclab.pl
    MOA 2009 Poland #2, AMD Black Ops 2010, MOA 2011 Poland #1, MOA 2011 EMEA #12

    Test bench: empty

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •